Windows 10: Windows 10 takes two minutes in boot up with no disk activity.

Discus and support Windows 10 takes two minutes in boot up with no disk activity. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; hello, im having a problem with windows 10 taking too long to boot, it didnt use to be like this and i think it started worsening when i upgraded from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ward201185, May 21, 2021.

1. Windows 10 takes two minutes in boot up with no disk activity.

hello, im having a problem with windows 10 taking too long to boot, it didnt use to be like this and i think it started worsening when i upgraded from 1903 to 20h1 (this computer apparently had 1709 and was upgraded to 1803, 1809, and 1903) and looking at it, i think its a driver problem. i've traced my boot but i cant seem to really know what to do although it seems to be doing something in the first 30 seconds but then after that, it all comes down to a halt until almost 2 minutes till it finally fully boots. there was a similar thread like this but it was a thread about some person's windows 10 upgrade to 20h2 which caused this slow pause during boot. some of his problems he described seem to also apply to me, for example, when i boot to safe mode, its still pausing during boot up and taking slightly less boot time than normal. i've booted with boot logging enabled and i seem to see ALOT of repeated bootlog_not_loaded messages but this may or may not be the cause of the problem. i havent tried a clean install but i wont be doing so because i have a lot of stuff installed here in my os and i simply dont want to bother going through everything. i have tried booting in a windows recovery environment and it boots pretty fast, i like to believe theres nothing really wrong with my hardware because it was fine before i upgraded to 20h1. i have tried a clean boot but i only disabled the useless crap but that didnt help. i also have avira free antivirus if thats related in any way to the problem. i'll be attaching an ntbtlog.txt file and the boot trace to see if you guys can help. i havent put my system specs and additional information in my profile but i'll be listing them here. Windows 10 Pro CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.20 GHZ Ram: 2x8 GB DDR3 Motherboard: Asus B85M-GAMER (BIOS Version 0605 UP-TO-DATE) GPU: GTX 960 2gb Current Windows 10 Build: Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.985) SSD: Kingston SUV400S37120GB HDD: WDC WD10EZEX-08M2NA0 please note, this is a 1.7 gb etl file compressed down to 216 mb with 7-zip to a zip file with normal settings. i hope thats ok for you. OBAIDAH.05-21-2021.09-55-46.Boot_1.zip - Google Drive UPDATE #1: i just tried counting how long it should boot and it took over almost 3 minutes (2 minutes and 52 seconds to be exact). i also tried booting in just safe mode and it made a tiny difference, it took around 2 minutes and 54 seconds. theres also something i noticed, is it normal for windows 10 to not have the spinning circle for such a prolonged period of time in safe mode? - - - Updated - - - i forgot to mention that while it was booting, there was no i/o activity at all until a few seconds before it goes into login. when i said it was doing something in the first 30 seconds, i meant from the etl file itself in cpu usage.

:)

ward201185, May 21, 2021

2. Boot Emergency!

No it doesnt show. Only my OS drive.

Its there and it says it running and normal.

Anyway I just had the same boot problem on reboot. Everything was fine 10 minutes ago. Now it wont boot without my manually selecting the drive.

TheMailMan78, May 21, 2021
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, May 21, 2021
  4. Windows 10 takes two minutes in boot up with no disk activity.

100% disk usage on boot up for at least 5 to 10 minutes

Hi there, I did a clean boot as you suggested and the boot up time became considerably longer and although disk usage was 100%, this was only for a minute or so. The program at the top of the disk utilisation list this time though was service host:superfetch.

However I then didn't disable anything in the services tab but disabled all the programs in the startup tab and restarted. This resulted in a very speedy boot up AND there was no 100% disk utilisation. I've done this several times enabling a couple of programs
    on startup and the disk utilisation is no longer 100%.

It appears therefore as though it was some kind of conflict in the startup programs that was causing the 100% disk utilisation.

Thanks very much for your assistance.

Colin Smith 18, May 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 takes two minutes in boot up with no disk activity.

1. Windows 10 takes two minutes in boot up with no disk activity. - Similar Threads - takes minutes boot

2. Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot: I have a three-year-old MSI laptop running Windows 10. Recently, it has taken forever to boot. Initially, the slow down was a "mere" 2-3 minutes, but now it's about 20 minutes to go from POST to the Windows 10 login.I found this answer in my search:...
  3. Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot: I have a three-year-old MSI laptop running Windows 10. Recently, it has taken forever to boot. Initially, the slow down was a "mere" 2-3 minutes, but now it's about 20 minutes to go from POST to the Windows 10 login.I found this answer in my search:...
  4. Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot: I have a three-year-old MSI laptop running Windows 10. Recently, it has taken forever to boot. First it was taking 2-3 minutes, but now it's about 20 minutes to go from POST to the Windows 10 login.I found this answer in my search:...
  5. Windows 10 takes over 10 minutes to boot

Windows 10 takes over 10 minutes to boot: Recently-ish (probably a month or so) whenever my pc restarts it takes around 11-12 minutes to restart. I've tried various solutions but no errors from any of the commands I ran. The weird thing is when I run safe mode it boots very fast. But when I did a clean boot with all...
  6. Fresh Windows takes 10 minutes to boot.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh Windows takes 10 minutes to boot.: Hi, So it's been quite a frustrating day for me, my computer suddenly became too slow to respond to shutdown or restart from windows and takes 5 to 10 mins to boot. And even after a fresh windows 10 install, it's still the same, I keep staring at the windows 10 boot...
  7. Windows boot up takes 30 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows boot up takes 30 minutes: Hey guys, I have a problem with system Boot. Last months i have a problem booting my PC, it takes more than 20 minutes to boot up. It used to do this only when the computer was restarted, now it always happens when I turn on the computer. Here is link with System Summary...
  8. Windows 10 Boots into this screen and takes 1 or two minutes to start everything. Sometimes...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Boots into this screen and takes 1 or two minutes to start everything. Sometimes...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/di77y [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ffzd36/windows_10_boots_into_this_screen_and_takes_1_or/
  9. booting up takes 4-5 minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    booting up takes 4-5 minutes: After installing windows 10 booting up takes at least 4-5 minutes which is frustrating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-up-takes-4-5-minutes/c6e90396-8c19-442f-b455-15a3aa72d7d0
  10. Windows 10 takes 1 minute to boot

Windows 10 takes 1 minute to boot: Hello everyone, I have a lenovo y50 laptop with some decent specs: (i7-4700HQ, 8 GB Ram, Gtx 860m, 1TB HDD + 8 GB SSHD [Potential Problem Cause]). The HDD is WDC WD10S21X-24R1BT0-SSHD-8GB I never remember that my laptop had better boot times than 40 seconds. Every...