Windows 10: Windows 10 taking 1 hour 15 minutes on average to boot up

Discus and support Windows 10 taking 1 hour 15 minutes on average to boot up in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hopefully someone can point me the right direction here, about a week ago Windows started taking a very long time to boot up, after powering on and off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DirkGently68, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Windows 10 taking 1 hour 15 minutes on average to boot up

Hopefully someone can point me the right direction here, about a week ago Windows started taking a very long time to boot up, after powering on and off a few times during this boot, an option was presented to fix windows and lose all of my apps/programs I did this and Windows then booted normally for 3 days, now it is back to the same scenario and is taking 1 hour 15 minutes to boot.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370 Gaming K7 - Bios F42d

Boot Drive: Samsung SSD 960 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3600MHz C18 Memory Kit

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2

Once the system has booted everything runs normally with no issues, but as soon as I restart the PC Windows takes over an hour to load.

Any help or advice gratefully received and if any more information is required then just ask.

Many thanks

Gary

:)

DirkGently68, Nov 26, 2019
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization, Tips and Tricks for your Windows PC

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Nov 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 takes 1 minute to boot

Yes I can tell windows is preparing the boot files but 2 minutes (not exaggerated) is too much don't you think? That's why now I'm happy with a 30 second boot time. If i turned on fastboot it would probably shave down to 25 maybe but it's not worth the trade. Any suggestions?

mouseclick, Nov 26, 2019
  4. rosmalj Win User

Windows 10 taking 1 hour 15 minutes on average to boot up

windows 10 boot taking hours

Hi,

I have a similar question to that of another post, booting windows 10 suddenly takes 2 hours.

Credential Manager causes 2+ hour boot in Windows 10

I also can overcome this by disabling the Credential Manager service, the system will boot fine. Turning it to automatic or manual means it takes hours to boot

I have followed all the instructions by the support engineer, till the last one. Booting in safe mode with network type option, if I do that than the system boots fine, even when enabling the Credential Manager service.

So I would like some help in really resolving this issue, I also did a sfc /scannow, it did not report anything.

What would be the next step?

Kind regards,

JR

rosmalj, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 taking 1 hour 15 minutes on average to boot up

1. Windows 10 taking 1 hour 15 minutes on average to boot up - Similar Threads - taking hour minutes

2. Booting my computer takes 1 minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting my computer takes 1 minute: My computer booting takes 1 minute after i fixed the black screen. I used bootrec /fixmbr, /fixboot, /rebuildbcd and bcdboot e:\windows / ko-KR /s e:\windows /f all to fix the black screen which is happen after i logon to user After I fixed black screen, it started to boot...
  3. Booting my computer takes 1 minute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting my computer takes 1 minute: My computer booting takes 1 minute after i fixed the black screen. I used bootrec /fixmbr, /fixboot, /rebuildbcd and bcdboot e:\windows / ko-KR /s e:\windows /f all to fix the black screen which is happen after i logon to user After I fixed black screen, it started to boot...
  4. Booting my computer takes 1 minute

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Booting Windows on nvme takes 15 minutes, SOS

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Booting Windows on nvme takes 15 minutes, SOS: Hello, I'm new here, so please let me know if I do something wrong! I desperately need help to fix this issue with my desktop, if anybody can help me I'll be forever grateful. My OS (Windows 10 pro 1803 on Samsung evo 970 M2) used to boot in a matter of seconds (with win fast...
  6. Booting Windows on nvme takes 15 minutes, SOS

in Windows 10 Support
    Booting Windows on nvme takes 15 minutes, SOS: Hello, I'm new here, so please let me know if I do something wrong! I desperately need help to fix this issue with my desktop, if anybody can help me I'll be forever grateful. My OS (Windows 10 pro 1803 on Samsung evo 970 M2) used to boot in a matter of seconds (with win fast...
  7. Windows 10 takes 15 minutes to start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 takes 15 minutes to start: You will see this problem posted all over the web on various support forums MS or not. As with most windows problems, these are the solutions you will see run sfc/dism disable unnecessary background processes update drivers It is true that you do need to use sfc/dism...
  8. Windows takes up to an hour to boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows takes up to an hour to boot: I have reinstalled Windows on this machine, which solved the problem for a couple weeks. The computer itself works with no issue after it's up and running. It's still on an HDD, which doesn't appear to have errors, but I'll run a chkdsk to be sure. I've changed the SATA cable...
  9. Boot up takes 2 hours!

Boot up takes 2 hours!: Alright so after long hours of research I have narrowed down y problem. Long story short I messed with the permissions of my C:\Windows directory and sure enough it has caused issues. Now my computer when powering on will show a light blue screen with spinning dots for hours...
  10. Windows 10 takes 1 minute to boot

Windows 10 takes 1 minute to boot: Hello everyone, I have a lenovo y50 laptop with some decent specs: (i7-4700HQ, 8 GB Ram, Gtx 860m, 1TB HDD + 8 GB SSHD [Potential Problem Cause]). The HDD is WDC WD10S21X-24R1BT0-SSHD-8GB I never remember that my laptop had better boot times than 40 seconds. Every...