Windows 10: Windows 10 taking 5+ minutes to boot after updating from Windows 7

Discus and support Windows 10 taking 5+ minutes to boot after updating from Windows 7 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently updated from Windows 7 and noticed an extremely slow boot time, but I'm not sure what's causing it? I've updated my graphics drivers and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Peter Harris17, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Windows 10 taking 5+ minutes to boot after updating from Windows 7

I recently updated from Windows 7 and noticed an extremely slow boot time, but I'm not sure what's causing it?

I've updated my graphics drivers and I am still receiving these slow boot times. Any suggestions?

:)

Peter Harris17, Dec 24, 2018
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Dec 24, 2018
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 24, 2018
  4. Windows 10 taking 5+ minutes to boot after updating from Windows 7

Advice For People wishing to update to Windows 10 Redstone

7 boots for me in less than a minutes time for myself.

eidairaman1, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 taking 5+ minutes to boot after updating from Windows 7

1. Windows 10 taking 5+ minutes to boot after updating from Windows 7 - Similar Threads - taking minutes boot

2. BSOD after 5 minutes of boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after 5 minutes of boot: Hi My PC was working fine until yesterday. This morning I opened it up to clean out dust, like I usually do every few months. Since then, it take much longer to boot up, almost 4 to 5 minutes I can use the device for another 5 minutes but it is slow and then a blue screen...
  3. Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes: Hi,A week ago I was using my computer normally and then I made it in sleep mode. After 2 days I opened it to complete my project btw I was using Visual Studio, Spotify, Chrome, and Node cmd after about 10 minutes it froze while reloading a web page I waited for a long time...
  4. Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes: Hi,A week ago I was using my computer normally and then I made it in sleep mode. After 2 days I opened it to complete my project btw I was using Visual Studio, Spotify, Chrome, and Node cmd after about 10 minutes it froze while reloading a web page I waited for a long time...
  5. Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. SSD takes a long time 5 minutes to boot after a shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD takes a long time 5 minutes to boot after a shutdown: This only applies if I use the shutdown button to forcibly turn the computer off. If I shut it down using the interface, it turns on quickly as usual....
  7. Windows 10 takes about 5 minutes to start

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 takes about 5 minutes to start: Hello, i had built a new computer in the month of July and installed windows 10 on it and since then i am receiving boot times of about 5 minutes. My Bios takes about 10 seconds. and after that the screen is just stuck on the welcome screen for a whole 5 minutes. I have tried...
  8. Restarting takes 5-10 minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restarting takes 5-10 minutes: For some reason restarting takes 5 to 10 minutes. I have a i7-6700k and GTX 1070. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this that would be great. As this is really annoying. submitted by /u/JackDeezy47 [link] [comments]...
  9. Computer takes 5 minutes to boot after KB4505903 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer takes 5 minutes to boot after KB4505903 update: Acer Aspire XC-704 Ever since I updated my computer with KB4505903 to 18362.267 yesterday, my computer would boot into the login screen normally. But after I typed in my password, my computer screen would be completely black with a mouse pointer for 5 minutes (I timed it...
  10. booting up takes 4-5 minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    booting up takes 4-5 minutes: After installing windows 10 booting up takes at least 4-5 minutes which is frustrating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-up-takes-4-5-minutes/c6e90396-8c19-442f-b455-15a3aa72d7d0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my windows 10 takes 5 minutes to boot and is very sluggish after