Windows 10: Windows 10 Taking A While To Shut Down

Discus and support Windows 10 Taking A While To Shut Down in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So last night I tried to shut down my PC. It usually enters the shutdown screen within a second, but today I replicated it and it took 3 minutes. What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AddyPug, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Taking A While To Shut Down

So last night I tried to shut down my PC. It usually enters the shutdown screen within a second, but today I replicated it and it took 3 minutes. What should I do?

submitted by /u/AddyPug
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AddyPug, Aug 5, 2020
  2. OneMoar Win User

Occasional BSOD while shut down (Windows 10)

sounds like some app or device not unloading cleanly
    @Kursah he said DURNING SHUT DOWN AND ONLY DURING SHUTDOWN
    none of your suggestions are relevant if thats true

open blue screen view and look at the top 5 or 10 entries that should give you a idea on what device is mis-behaving

OneMoar, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Update while shutting down taking eight hours

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Did you see any notification about Windows preparing to Install updates while shutting down the system?

2. Have you check if you can re boot the computer?

I would recommend that you wait for 24hrs and check if your system shuts down on its own. If not then I would suggest that you perform Power Drain and check if you can access the desktop. To do so follow the steps below

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

Hope this helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 5, 2020
  4. itsakjt Win User

Windows 10 Taking A While To Shut Down

Occasional BSOD while shut down (Windows 10)

Absolutely correct. The system is otherwise rock stable in everything. Gaming, benchmarks, stress tests etc. It is only during shut down that it occasionally happens.
    @OneMoar - I will check blue screen view today after coming from work and report back.

itsakjt, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Taking A While To Shut Down

1. Windows 10 Taking A While To Shut Down - Similar Threads - Taking While Shut

2. BSOD while shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while shutting down: Hello, I have been getting BSOD for the last couple of days while shutting down, but not on restarts. I used bluescreen view and it shows it's caused by ntoskrnl.exe, I have also tried updating drivers such as graphic card, RST but that didn't help either. I have attached the...
  3. Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...: I have 64 bit Windows 10 Home installed on my PC. The problems are:- Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting consistently It wasn't happening with my previous install of 64 bit Windows 10 Home just a few days ago- This time the PC shut itself down on the Windows logo...
  4. Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...: I have 64 bit Windows 10 Home installed on my PC. The problems are:- Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting consistently It wasn't happening with my previous install of 64 bit Windows 10 Home just a few days ago- This time the PC shut itself down on the Windows logo...
  5. Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Shut down while in standby?

Shut down while in standby?: Sorry if this is obvious...How do I shut down my laptop while it’s in standby? I’ve created a feedback loop and whenever I turn it on again it’s really loud!!! I know how to sort it but need to restart or turn it off......
  7. Windows 10 takes forever to restart or shut down

Windows 10 takes forever to restart or shut down: Hello all, We have just purchased a brand new Mpg z490 gaming carbon wifi motherboard and installed Windows 10. We have 2 ssd hard drives and 3 normal hard drives attached. Drivers and bios is upto date. When we select restart or shut down the pc takes forever to restart...
  8. Windows 10 takes forever to restart or shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 takes forever to restart or shut down: Hello all, We have just purchased a brand new Mpg z490 gaming carbon wifi motherboard and installed Windows 10. We have 2 ssd hard drives and 3 normal hard drives attached. Drivers and bios is upto date. When we select restart or shut down the pc takes forever to restart...
  9. Problem while shutting down windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem while shutting down windows 10: I just bought a new Asus laptop with windows 10, when I try to close all tabs and click on shutdown, the screen flashes 'tap Or click to go back and save all tabs' screen for a split second, even when there's no open tabs and then shutdowns on its own. I also sometimes get...
  10. SHUT DOWN TAKING TIME

SHUT DOWN TAKING TIME: HELLO THERE I HAVE DELL XPS 15 9570. IT USED TO SHUT DOWN INSTANTLY I MEAN THE SCREEN USED TO TURN OFF INSTANTLY BUT NOW IT IS TAKING 10-15 SECONDS TO TURNOFF. WHEN I ENABLE VERBOSESTATUS TO KNOW WHAT IS HAMPERING THE PC I GOT THESE MESSAGES: PLEASE WAIT FOR PROSVC...