Windows 10: Windows 10 taking over BIOS

Discus and support Windows 10 taking over BIOS in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently rebuilt my computer and done a clean install of Windows 10 build 1809. Since I have loaded Windows I am unable to get into bios... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by owenkenny, Jul 3, 2019.

1. owenkenny Win User

Windows 10 taking over BIOS

Hi,

I have recently rebuilt my computer and done a clean install of Windows 10 build 1809.

Since I have loaded Windows I am unable to get into bios either with del f2 or the restart uefi system.

As I started loading Windows the last time and was fiddling in bios I noticed that windows had inserted itself in the boot sequence as the primary boot option.

I am fairly certain that I would be able to change this by clearing cmos or removing the cmos battery.

As a last resort I have a spare bios chip for my pc and could easily put that in.

The question are ,why has windows done this , Does it make the computer run better or is it simply an ego trip by the programmers.

I intend to overclock the cpu so eventually I will be getting into bios but am I better off to leave things as they are until I do want to overclock.

What possible advantage to me is there in having windows 10 messing with the bios?

Any information or suggestions would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Owen

:)

owenkenny, Jul 3, 2019

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 3, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 taking over BIOS - Similar Threads - taking BIOS

2. Hi, my hardrive is not installing it keeps taking me to BIOS settings but it's saying drive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, my hardrive is not installing it keeps taking me to BIOS settings but it's saying drive...: Cecilie Muvangua https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-my-hardrive-is-not-installing-it-keeps-taking/df6f31c5-ffc6-43c0-a904-0f1c95fa2cf9
  3. Hi, my hardrive is not installing it keeps taking me to BIOS settings but it's saying drive...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, my hardrive is not installing it keeps taking me to BIOS settings but it's saying drive...: Cecilie Muvangua https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-my-hardrive-is-not-installing-it-keeps-taking/df6f31c5-ffc6-43c0-a904-0f1c95fa2cf9
  4. Updating Windows 10 takes me to the BIOS Windows Boot Menu where none of the suggested...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating Windows 10 takes me to the BIOS Windows Boot Menu where none of the suggested...: I see the same question asked by other users too, and I see Microsoft advisors recommending some complex procedure, such as restoring the system, etc. But there is avery simple solution that may work for other too.I have Windows 10 installed on a Lenovo model, and the problem...
  5. Updating Windows 10 takes me to the BIOS Windows Boot Menu where none of the suggested...

Updating Windows 10 takes me to the BIOS Windows Boot Menu where none of the suggested...: I see the same question asked by other users too, and I see Microsoft advisors recommending some complex procedure, such as restoring the system, etc. But there is avery simple solution that may work for other too.I have Windows 10 installed on a Lenovo model, and the problem...
  6. Updating Windows 10 takes me to the BIOS Windows Boot Menu where none of the suggested...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. why is my caps lock blinking 5 long times then 3 short times? and how do i take the BIOS...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my caps lock blinking 5 long times then 3 short times? and how do i take the BIOS...: I looked on youtube and found out how to take the battery out, but when I put it back in nothing changed. I'm still getting 5 long blinks and 3 short blinks. I don't know where the Bios system battery or whatever is located in order to take it out. Something I read said there...
  8. why is my caps lock blinking 5 long times then 3 short times? and how do i take the BIOS...

why is my caps lock blinking 5 long times then 3 short times? and how do i take the BIOS...: I looked on youtube and found out how to take the battery out, but when I put it back in nothing changed. I'm still getting 5 long blinks and 3 short blinks. I don't know where the Bios system battery or whatever is located in order to take it out. Something I read said there...
  9. LPT: Need to unplug your pc, take it apart, or enter the BIOS but don't want to shut down...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    LPT: Need to unplug your pc, take it apart, or enter the BIOS but don't want to shut down...: submitted by /u/BlastedBrent [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tqgnej/lpt_need_to_unplug_your_pc_take_it_apart_or_enter/
  10. I installed bios few days ago. And now my pc taking forever to check for updates can bios...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I installed bios few days ago. And now my pc taking forever to check for updates can bios...: I installed bios few days ago. And now my pc taking forever to check for updates can bios affect windows OS?* Original title: Pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-installed-bios-few-days-ago-and-now-my-pc-taking/7f9759ff-04d4-408c-a6c0-8adf4d6c2c48