Windows 10: Windows 10 taking to long to rename a folder

Discus and support Windows 10 taking to long to rename a folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, My windows 10 is taking 5 seconds to rename any folder. My PC is new, Everything is going very smoothly but only whenever I tried to rename folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChoudhryAmaan, May 7, 2021.

1. Windows 10 taking to long to rename a folder

Hi, My windows 10 is taking 5 seconds to rename any folder. My PC is new, Everything is going very smoothly but only whenever I tried to rename folder it takes 5 Second. Could you please update in this regard.

:)

ChoudhryAmaan, May 7, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 7, 2021
  3. files and folders "renaming music folder to audio"

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Are you facing any issues in renaming folder?
    • When you say, "music folder does not apply anymore as a primary designation" what exactly are you referring to?
    Follow the steps below to rename folder:

• Right click on a folder which you want to rename.
    • Select Rename and enter new name for it.
    Hope this helps. Kindly get back to us with the above details to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, May 7, 2021
  4. Windows 10 taking to long to rename a folder

Windows 10 Can't rename folder

Hello Kat,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

Before proceeding any further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • What are the relevant error messages when you say 'can't rename a folder'?
    • What are the relevant troubleshooting steps you have undertaken?
    • How many user accounts do you have created in Windows? Are you logged in to Windows as an Admin user account?

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to following steps and check if it helps:

To take ownership of a file or folder, follow these steps:

• Press and hold the folder that you want to take ownership of, then tap
      Properties
      . (If you are using a mouse, right-click the folder, and then click
      Properties.)
    • Tap or click the Security tab, tap or click Advanced, then tap or click
      Change. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Type the name of the person that you want to give ownership to, and then click
      Check Names.
      Note The account name for the person that you are assigning ownership to is displayed.
    • Click OK.
    • If you want this person to be the owner of the files and subfolders that are contained in this folder, select the
      Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.
    • Click OK.
    Reference:"Access Denied" or other
    errors when accessing or working with files and folders in Windows

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to File/folder permissions in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 taking to long to rename a folder

1. Windows 10 taking to long to rename a folder - Similar Threads - taking long rename

2. Unable to rename folder or file in a long path folder updated

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to rename folder or file in a long path folder updated: ***update 15 APR 2023 the issue is: Unable to rename folder or file in a long path folderOriginal post: LONG PATH ISSUE in Windows 10 File ExplorerHi,I'm sorry to write this.Half of the world suffers from it for many years:LONG PATH DOES NOT WORK IN Windows 10 File...
  3. Folders taking a long a time to open

Folders taking a long a time to open: Out of nowhere, any folder that i try to open, wheter in the SSD or external HDD, take about 30 seconds - 1min to open. It does eventually open but it's so slow. I tried restarting the computer and deleting the thumbnail cache and MORE IMPORTANT tried to navigate through...
  4. Windows Folders Take Painfully Long to Open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Folders Take Painfully Long to Open: Important Information: Only folders, not applications, not files, not even my drives, only folders. Booting into safe mode worked and my folders opened easily. If some people see this a few hours after this is posted, I am probably asleep by then. I will probably wake up...
  5. File renaming, deleting, copying, downloading takes long time in Windows 10

File renaming, deleting, copying, downloading takes long time in Windows 10: Hi, I have an HP laptop with Windows 10. I have a recent issue that my PC takes a long time to rename files within my PC, but when I connect any other mobile devices and do the same thing there it doesn't show any effect, it just works fine and fast. When I rename any...
  6. too long to create new folder or rename folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    too long to create new folder or rename folder: Microsoft - why does it take 30 to 90 seconds to create a new folder or rename it??? please assist us with this issue! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-long-to-create-new-folder-or-rename-folder/bf0c626d-5ab8-40a6-aa3e-d71a0efe47f4
  7. Download folder takes too long to load

Download folder takes too long to load: Hi, I am using widows 10. The browser I am using is Brave. I really do not why it takes too long for the download folder to load. By download folder I mean the folder in which the files downloaded from the internet are stored. I have also noticed that when I download some...
  8. Opening a New Folder takes too long

Opening a New Folder takes too long: Since the last Windows 10 upgrade, it takes about 15 seconds to open a New Folder on the Desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-a-new-folder-takes-too-long/a760502b-d040-4d47-8c50-e60313f26ee7"
  9. Deleting/renaming files on desktop takes a long time

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting/renaming files on desktop takes a long time: Good day, I recently updated my operative system from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. When I had Windows 8.1, I had a problem with deleting/renaming files on the desktop, it simply just took way too long. So one of the main reason really in upgrading was that it could maybe...
  10. Rename Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rename Folder in Windows 10: How to: Rename Folder in Windows 10 How to Rename Folder in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you different ways to rename a folder in Windows 10. *note If a folder is currently in use, for example by a program, Windows will not allow you to rename it. *note If...