Windows 10: Windows 10 taking up all my laptop disk space

Discus and support Windows 10 taking up all my laptop disk space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I reduce the amount of space Windows 10 is taking up. It keeps telling me to free up space to allow for updates, but all the space i have is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CorinnaChandler, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 taking up all my laptop disk space

How can I reduce the amount of space Windows 10 is taking up.

It keeps telling me to free up space to allow for updates, but all the space i have is taken up with Windows and its apps.

:)

CorinnaChandler, Nov 11, 2019
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

HP Stream Laptop

Hi there,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

1. May I know the version of Windows that you are using?
    2. What is the total hard disk space of your laptop?

I would suggest you to take a backup of all your user data, after which you can try and perform the steps to

Free up drive space in Windows 10
    . Check if that helps.

Please get back to us if you need any further suggestions.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Nov 11, 2019
  3. hard disk space

Hello,

Taking into consideration that the free space is shrinking fast, it is possible that your system is creating restore points. To
    delete restore points except for the recent one, simply follow the steps below:

• From the Cortana search box, type Disk Cleanup and click on the first result.
    • Once the Disk Cleanup window appears, select the
      More Options
      tab.
    • Under the System Restore and Shadow Copies column, click on the
      Clean up... button.

Once done with the steps, see if your disk space has expanded.

If you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Nov 11, 2019
  4. Windows 10 taking up all my laptop disk space

Low Disk Space error

Hi,

I suggest you to delete the unwanted applications or games installed on the device and also perform a Disk Cleanup.

In order to delete the games or applications, which has been downloaded from the Windows Store you need to right click on the game and select
    Uninstall option from the Start menu.

If the games that you are downloaded are .exe or the applications which are not downloaded from the Windows Store, you may try deleting it from the Control panel.

To do so, please follow the below steps.

• Right Click on Start Menu.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click Programs.
    • Click Programs and Features.
    • Click on the programs that you would like to uninstall.
    I suggest you to try the steps in the following article to free up space and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/free-up-drive-space

Also, refer to the Wiki Article created by
    Andre Da Costa
    from the below link:

How to free up disk space in Windows

How to free up disk space in Windows

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 taking up all my laptop disk space

1. Windows 10 taking up all my laptop disk space - Similar Threads - taking laptop disk

2. onedrive is taking up all of my computer space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive is taking up all of my computer space: Hello,Recently, my computer alerted me that my computer was low on storage space 500 MB or so. So I went to drag all my downloads into the OneDrive folder, and it uploaded. However, my computer said that I had zero bytes on my computer. I then tried dragging those files into...
  3. onedrive is taking up all of my computer space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    onedrive is taking up all of my computer space: Hello,Recently, my computer alerted me that my computer was low on storage space 500 MB or so. So I went to drag all my downloads into the OneDrive folder, and it uploaded. However, my computer said that I had zero bytes on my computer. I then tried dragging those files into...
  4. "OTHER USERS" taking up Disk Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "OTHER USERS" taking up Disk Space: On my Win10 machine, I have a 300 GB partition that holds my OS and apps. 185 GB is being used by "OTHER USERS" which I dont understand since I AM the only user on my machine. I've seen other people posting on this problem. I did use SYSPREP to make the drive so I didn't lose...
  5. Windows 10 taking > 100gb disk space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 taking > 100gb disk space: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/InsulineDion [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/knbw5t/windows_10_taking_100gb_disk_space/
  6. System mysteriously takes up remaining disk space.

System mysteriously takes up remaining disk space.: Hello, reader! I am having an issue with my Windows 10 computer. Lately, it's been filling up for no reason, and when i delete anything, it goes right back to 0B free. I checked Settings->System->Storage, and almost 100GB are taken up by the system files. This is my school...
  7. **** is taking up my space

in Windows 10 Customization
    **** is taking up my space: can i ask about why there are 70 GIGABYTES taken up in apps and features [ATTACH][ATTACH] EDIT: **** like this doesnt happen on linux, why should it happen here. and if system apps take up a minimum of 65 gigabytes thats disappointing that stuff i dont use takes up that...
  8. Multiple users taking up disk space

Multiple users taking up disk space: Hello, The company I am at uses shared laptops, after a few months, the storage space will fill up due to each individual user profile. I know how to clean it up and free up all the space. What I am asking, is there a policy or setting in Windows 10 that I as an admin can...
  9. Windows 10 taking up too much disk space

Windows 10 taking up too much disk space: My disk is heavily occupied by Windows and its auxiliary files. Of my 150GB Bootcamp Windows partition, about 55% is taken by Windows and most of it by Installer. I've already run Disk Clean and Wise Cleaner and still am left with only 17GB available. Component Store...
  10. C:\Windows\RE_DRIVE takes up 33gb disk space

C:\Windows\RE_DRIVE takes up 33gb disk space: I need to clear some disk space on my SSD, discovered that this folder takes up enormous chunk (33gb) Wondering if it would be alright to remove/relocate them without damaging the normal functioning of my laptop?...