Windows 10: Windows 10 taking up too much disk space

Discus and support Windows 10 taking up too much disk space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My disk is heavily occupied by Windows and its auxiliary files. Of my 150GB Bootcamp Windows partition, about 55% is taken by Windows and most of it by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Malik Rahman, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Windows 10 taking up too much disk space

My disk is heavily occupied by Windows and its auxiliary files. Of my 150GB Bootcamp Windows partition, about 55% is taken by Windows and most of it by Installer.

I've already run Disk Clean and Wise Cleaner and still am left with only 17GB available.
    Component Store Analyzer output:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.295]
    (c) 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    [==========================100.0%==========================]
    Component Store (WinSxS) information:

Windows Explorer Reported Size of Component Store : 4.57 GB
    Actual Size of Component Store : 4.49 GB
    Shared with Windows : 3.13 GB
    Backups and Disabled Features : 1.35 GB
    Cache and Temporary Data : 0 bytes
    Date of Last Cleanup : 2019-03-19 00:41:43
    Number of Reclaimable Packages : 0
    Component Store Cleanup Recommended : Yes

The operation completed successfully.

The question that comes to mind is how much disk space should be taken by Windows and associated files and how can I recover that can be freed up without affecting Windows operation?

This is what Windows storage use looks like:

Windows 10 taking up too much disk space [​IMG]

:)

Malik Rahman, Aug 24, 2019

2. hard disk space

Hello,

Taking into consideration that the free space is shrinking fast, it is possible that your system is creating restore points. To
    delete restore points except for the recent one, simply follow the steps below:

• From the Cortana search box, type Disk Cleanup and click on the first result.
    • Once the Disk Cleanup window appears, select the
      More Options
      tab.
    • Under the System Restore and Shadow Copies column, click on the
      Clean up... button.

Once done with the steps, see if your disk space has expanded.

If you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Aug 24, 2019
  3. Low Disk Space error

Hi,

I suggest you to delete the unwanted applications or games installed on the device and also perform a Disk Cleanup.

In order to delete the games or applications, which has been downloaded from the Windows Store you need to right click on the game and select
    Uninstall option from the Start menu.

If the games that you are downloaded are .exe or the applications which are not downloaded from the Windows Store, you may try deleting it from the Control panel.

To do so, please follow the below steps.

• Right Click on Start Menu.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click Programs.
    • Click Programs and Features.
    • Click on the programs that you would like to uninstall.
    I suggest you to try the steps in the following article to free up space and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/free-up-drive-space

Also, refer to the Wiki Article created by
    Andre Da Costa
    from the below link:

How to free up disk space in Windows

How to free up disk space in Windows

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Aug 24, 2019
  4. Alex#85 Win User

Windows 10 taking up too much disk space

How to delete error reports taking up disk space?

How to delete error reports taking up disk space? Step by step and how to access the directory(ies) needed. Thank you

Alex#85, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 taking up too much disk space

1. Windows 10 taking up too much disk space - Similar Threads - taking too much

2. Something is taking up too much space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Something is taking up too much space.: Every time I run Automatic's version of Stable Diffusion it takes up more and more space the longer I use it. I've tried cleaning the disk, resetting my virtual memory, and trying to hunt down where the files actually are that take up space. I think it has something to do...
  3. Something is taking up too much space.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something is taking up too much space.: Every time I run Automatic's version of Stable Diffusion it takes up more and more space the longer I use it. I've tried cleaning the disk, resetting my virtual memory, and trying to hunt down where the files actually are that take up space. I think it has something to do...
  4. Something is taking up too much space.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 takes up too much space

Windows 10 takes up too much space: Hi guys,I have a Windows 10 home single language OS running in laptop. I haev allocated around 220 GB for C drive among which around 200 gb has been occupied by Windows 10 OS itself now my system is slow and hangs a lot. How do I free it, I tried drive clean and everything....
  6. The system files are taking up too much space on the hard disk in Windows 10

The system files are taking up too much space on the hard disk in Windows 10: The system files are taking too much space on the hard disk in Windows 10. Here is a screen-shot of the resources consumed:Any Insight to resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated....
  7. System Files taking up too much space

System Files taking up too much space: I've been having storage issues and I checked my system files. Asked a few people and searched it on web and found out that 70GB is too much. I don't know what seems to be the problem since Windows file isn't that huge. How do I fix this?...
  8. One Drive Taking up too much space

One Drive Taking up too much space: This only happens on my laptop my desktop is utterly fine. For some reason, my laptop redownloads everything in my one drive folder. If I try to put stuff back in the cloud it re-downloads automatically the next day. Everything I've seen online to correct this essentially...
  9. Windows 10 update takes too much space on disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update takes too much space on disk: The new big may update takes too much space on my disk. I tried to run cleaning and deleting files and applications that I don't need, but the disk is still 2/3 full. Also I noticed that it happens, that for few seconds the laptop freezes while I still can move the mouse, but...
  10. Hard Disk (C:/) Takes Up Too Much Space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard Disk (C:/) Takes Up Too Much Space: Hey Guys, So I have a 200 GB Hard Drive on my computer. A couple of days ago I got a notification mentioning there was not ten GB of space left. I was surprised, but I assumed I just had more on it than I thought. However, since then I have re-installed Windows for my own...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows taking too much disk space

2. windows 10 taking too much space

3. Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.295] disk space