Windows 10: Windows 10 Tamper Protection

Discus and support Windows 10 Tamper Protection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows 10 Tamper Protection for Windows Defender has been updated so that it cannot be disabled. The settings under Virus & threat protection... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RobertKushner, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Tamper Protection

Windows 10 Tamper Protection for Windows Defender has been updated so that it cannot be disabled.

The settings under Virus & threat protection includes a Real-time protection option on of off and a Tamper Protection option On of Off but they do not work.

The antivirus function automatically reactivates and any files detected by Windows antivirus are deleted without confirmation or control.

The Exclusions option of the Virus & threat protection should protect safe files from being detected and deleted, but it does NOT work - Windows reactivates its antivirus and deletes safe files anyway.

How do I prevent Windows Defender from deleting SAFE files that it detects as malware?

:)

RobertKushner, Apr 15, 2021

2. How to dismiss the Win 10 Tamper protection reminder, permanently

hi

My name is Smith and I am an Independent Advisor. I would be happy to help you today.

To disable Tamper Protection on Windows 10, use these steps:

Open Start.

Search for Windows Security and click the top result to open the app.

Click on Virus & threat protection.

Under the "Virus & threat protection settings" section, click the Manage settings option. ...

Turn off the Tamper Protection toggle switch.

SmithErikson, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Tamper Protection won't stay on

I have Windows 10, version 1909.

Tamper Protection, arbitrarily it seems, turns off.

For example, when I check, Tamper Protection will be on.

After doing some computer work, I check Tamper Protection and it's off.

I've tried going to Virus & threat protection >Virus & threat protection settings > Manage settings to turn Tamper Protection on.

Even though I've turned it on, there is the yellow triangle with the statement "Tamper Protection is off. Your device may be vulnerable."

that remains there?

When I close the window and subsequently come back to Tamper Protection it will be off again?

Through trial and error, I've discovered the only way I can get Tamper Protection on is to perform the following:

Restart. When I restart, Virus & threat protection settings and Virus & threat updates show as off (There are no green bullets with white check marks showing by their respective icons.)

I restart again. This time Virus & threat protection settings and Virus & threat updates are now back on (The green bullets with white check marks show again.) Tamper Protection is back on too.

Unfortunately, at some point Tamper Protection will be off again and I'll have to go through the above exercise again.

Any help you can give me to solve this will be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill.

BillBurbidge, Apr 15, 2021
  4. bhringer Win User

Windows 10 Tamper Protection

Should I Turn on Tamper Protection in Windows Security?

Prevent changes to security settings with Tamper Protection

Change the Tamper Protection setting

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type Windows Security and then select
    Windows Security in the list of results.

2. In Windows Security, select Virus & threat protection and then under
    Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings.

3. Change the Tamper Protection setting to
    On
    or Off.

~

bhringer, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Tamper Protection

1. Windows 10 Tamper Protection - Similar Threads - Tamper Protection

2. Enable tamper protection remotely without using Intune

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable tamper protection remotely without using Intune: Hello,My name is Matthew Robles, I work for KaufmanIT, MSP. We have countless clients with machines that do not have tamper protection enabled. I can see that I am able to enable tamper protection via the Defender UI, but it is not feasible to schedule remote desktop...
  3. Enable tamper protection remotely without using Intune

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable tamper protection remotely without using Intune: Hello,My name is Matthew Robles, I work for KaufmanIT, MSP. We have countless clients with machines that do not have tamper protection enabled. I can see that I am able to enable tamper protection via the Defender UI, but it is not feasible to schedule remote desktop...
  4. Enable Tamper Protection Using PowerShel or CMD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable Tamper Protection Using PowerShel or CMD: How to activate Tamper Protection using Powershell or Command Line? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-tamper-protection-using-powershel-or-cmd/bf2364f0-d0e7-4806-aca7-5cd860fe4bf7
  5. Enable Tamper Protection Using PowerShel or CMD

Enable Tamper Protection Using PowerShel or CMD: How to activate Tamper Protection using Powershell or Command Line? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-tamper-protection-using-powershel-or-cmd/bf2364f0-d0e7-4806-aca7-5cd860fe4bf7
  6. Enable Tamper Protection Using PowerShel or CMD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Tamper Protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Tamper Protection: We use Windows 11 with Microsoft Defender Antivirus and tamper protection enabled. During a penetest we found out, that Microsoft Defender Antivirus can be easily disabled by installing a third Party antivirus solution, even tamper protection is enabled. Of course, local...
  8. Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Tamper Protection

Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Tamper Protection: We use Windows 11 with Microsoft Defender Antivirus and tamper protection enabled. During a penetest we found out, that Microsoft Defender Antivirus can be easily disabled by installing a third Party antivirus solution, even tamper protection is enabled. Of course, local...
  9. Windows 11 Security Tamper Protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Security Tamper Protection: Hello.I am a Windows 11 22H2S version user. I turn off my windows security protection when I want to use some programmes on my computer, without the windows interrupting. Although the only user account on my computer is me being administrator, when I try to turn off security...
  10. Windows 11 Security Tamper Protection

Windows 11 Security Tamper Protection: Hello.I am a Windows 11 22H2S version user. I turn off my windows security protection when I want to use some programmes on my computer, without the windows interrupting. Although the only user account on my computer is me being administrator, when I try to turn off security...