Windows 10: Windows 10 Tashbar -Start Icon not working with a left click

Discus and support Windows 10 Tashbar -Start Icon not working with a left click in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As of 2 days ago when I left click on the Start Icon at the left side of the Taskbar on the bottom of the desktop nothing happens. If I right click, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnDavidtheFirst, Mar 2, 2022.

1. Windows 10 Tashbar -Start Icon not working with a left click

As of 2 days ago when I left click on the Start Icon at the left side of the Taskbar on the bottom of the desktop nothing happens. If I right click, I get a pop up but not like the left click. How do I restore the function?

:)

JohnDavidtheFirst, Mar 2, 2022

2. Start Menu left margin icons - expanded?

Is there a way to customize the Windows 10 start menu to always expand the left margin icons? There are three lines at the top left corner that can expand the left margin outward, but it collapses afterwards. I'd prefer to get rid of the alphabetized scroll list altogether and just have the expanded margin with text instead of the icons. Thanks.

Windows 10 Tashbar -Start Icon not working with a left click [​IMG]

Dick Jagger, Mar 2, 2022
  3. Start menu stopped working in Windows 10

I installed Windows 10 last weekend. Everything was fine until this morning when the icon for the start menu stop working. I should say a left click on the icon no longer works so I don't see all my apps etc..... I can still left right click and get windows
    utilities and such.

I've read through some of the suggested solutions and tried some but nothing has worked. Does anyone have a definitive solution yet ? Any help would be appreciated

please i have the same problem right now....and i have try to use the steps as listed...but is requesting for administrator permission or privilege

Promise0nyekachi, Mar 2, 2022
  4. Hugo 12 Win User

Windows 10 Tashbar -Start Icon not working with a left click

update to windows 10 caused the "app" icon in the left portion of the start menu to disappear

I can find all my apps and the RIGHT side of the start menu is arranged to my perfection.

Its the LEFT side of the start menu that I do not like. I want the list of ALL the apps to be hidden and the icon for listing all the apps to be back on the left side of the start menu. If I click on a hamburger in the upper left corner of the start menu,
    the apps list disappears and shows me the start menu view I want for the default.

I have spent a couple of hours attempting to get back to the Original Windows 10 upgrade start menu, no apps list and a link (icon) to get the list.

I've been throught the links about missing icons but believe they all refer to the the right side of the the start menu and do not apply. And you second and third links refer to window 10 upgrade problems. My upgrade is working perfectly.

Hugo 12, Mar 2, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 Tashbar -Start Icon not working with a left click

1. Windows 10 Tashbar -Start Icon not working with a left click - Similar Threads - Tashbar Start Icon

2. Windows 11 Start button not working Left Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Start button not working Left Click: I just updated to Windows 11, Version 22H2 and my left click on my start button no longer works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-start-button-not-working-left-click/78cae092-784c-4b76-843d-a08957ed09ad
  3. Windows 11 Start button not working Left Click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Start button not working Left Click: I just updated to Windows 11, Version 22H2 and my left click on my start button no longer works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-start-button-not-working-left-click/78cae092-784c-4b76-843d-a08957ed09ad
  4. Windows 10 Tashbar -Start Icon not working with a left click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Tashbar -Start Icon not working with a left click: As of 2 days ago when I left click on the Start Icon at the left side of the Taskbar on the bottom of the desktop nothing happens. If I right click, I get a pop up but not like the left click. How do I restore the function?...
  5. Windows 10 Tashbar -Start Icon not working with a left click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Tashbar -Start Icon not working with a left click: As of 2 days ago when I left click on the Start Icon at the left side of the Taskbar on the bottom of the desktop. If I right click I get a pop up but not like the left click. How do I restore the function?...
  6. Left clicking Volume icon not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Left clicking Volume icon not working: When I try left clicking the volume icon on my taskbar it doesn’t work. Right clicking the apps on my taskbar doesn’t work either. I can left click my apps and open them, but I can’t left click my icons on the right side of the taskbar. I tried to restart my windows explorer...
  7. Left Clicking Windows Icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Left Clicking Windows Icon: Its been happening for a few weeks lately, but all of a sudden, I can't left click on my windows icon. I can only right click it. Any solutions? submitted by /u/TTVBigDaddyWolfx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i5ssrc/left_clicking_windows_icon/
  8. Unable to Left-Click on Windows 10 Start Menu, But Right Click Works

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Left-Click on Windows 10 Start Menu, But Right Click Works: I ran the System File Checker as suggested; it detected no problems. I have two PCs with Windows 10. On the one that I upgraded to Windows 10 most recently, I have no problem. On the one that I upgraded about 9 months before that (it is a Samsung laptop), I can only access...
  9. Left-Click on Windows Icon not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Left-Click on Windows Icon not working: I have seen this elsewhere but there seem to be different variations... so hopefully okay to post again The Left-Click on Windows Icon not working Packard Bell Desktop computer was 'trying' to do an update and it seems that following that the left-click option didn't...
  10. Windows 10 start menu key left click options not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start menu key left click options not working: Good day, good people. My windows 10 left click menu doesn't bring up the menu tray anymore since after I shut down my system using the alt+f4 combination keys. Likewise, neither the running apps tray nor the network one opens up on left click. I also cannot multitask anymore...