Windows 10: Windows 10 task bar is unresponsive

Discus and support Windows 10 task bar is unresponsive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; One of our other computers has a Windows 10 problem. When I hover over the task bar it does not respond. I cannot even open settings at this point.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jeffparatext, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Windows 10 task bar is unresponsive

One of our other computers has a Windows 10 problem. When I hover over the task bar it does not respond. I cannot even open settings at this point.

:)

Jeffparatext, Sep 3, 2019

2. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Sep 3, 2019
  4. N.Strahl Win User

Windows 10 task bar is unresponsive

Start Menu Button on Task Bar becomes unresponsive

On occasion, the Start Menu button becomes unresponsive, in which case the Start Menu does not open after clicking the Windows icon. In addition, other buttons on the task bar also become unresponsive. It is as if parts of, or all of the task bar becomes
    frozen. The only (temporary) fix is to restart Windows.

I run Windows 10 Pro on a Lenovo Yoga 3-1470. Has anybody been having the same problem?

N.Strahl, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 task bar is unresponsive

1. Windows 10 task bar is unresponsive - Similar Threads - task bar unresponsive

2. Windows task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows task bar: I have made the task bar as small as possible by turning on small icons. Sometimes though it is in the way and I have to move it from the bottom to the left or right. I recall in older versions of Windows that you could temporarily make the task bar disappear. I have tried...
  3. Task bar unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task bar unresponsive: Running windows 10 on my lap top. This morning it worked fine and now I cannot activate the start button, internet, type in search or view notifications. Ran virus software and cleaners to no avail. At a loss, usually pretty good with this stuff....
  4. Windows menu button, task bar and search bar have become unresponsive after installing 1903

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows menu button, task bar and search bar have become unresponsive after installing 1903: Windows menu button, task bar and search bar have become unresponsive after installing 1903. I regularly try to update my machine, ( toshiba z30c, 8gb, 256gb, i5 ) however after installing 1903 the taskbar, windows menu button and search bar have become unresponsive. I have...
  5. Unresponsive Task Bar After Reset Of A SurfacePro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unresponsive Task Bar After Reset Of A SurfacePro: Hello, I’ve been having trouble with my battery on my Surface Pro 4 and I read somewhere in the community that doing a system reset (I kept all my personal files, all apps were deleted) would help. Once I restarted it, I booted up my computer again and now I cant access...
  6. Task bar

Task bar: Task bar sits high off the bottom om the screen. Upper portion of window is not visible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar/dbfbc2fe-f124-47f8-a5f6-882beeea93cd
  7. task bar

task bar: my task bar keeps on growing wider ive unlocked the auto lock task bar and same for the hade the task bar automatically none of these are now applied but on my system there is no box to click applies or ok once ive locked my task bar etc and I did this the other day and when...
  8. Task Bar

Task Bar: Does anyone know how to get the task bar to hide when I don't have my cursor on it. I'm pretty sure it used to do that and you could just hover your cursor over the bottom of the screen if you needed it. It's really annoying to not be able to see the bottom of the screen....
  9. Task Bar

Task Bar: I cannot get my task bar to close when in full screen mode. I have tried going to task manager and resetting windows explorer; I have also unlocked the task bar, tried to drag it down, and re-lock it. Neither has worked for me. Any suggestions?...
  10. KB4048954 update has caused unresponsive Task Bar items

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB4048954 update has caused unresponsive Task Bar items: My task bar is non-responsive as from 21 Nov when KB4048954 update was done on my PC (Ver 1703 Build 15063.726). When I click on Speaker icon, Network icon, Action Centre, Cortana, Calendar, or Start Button nothing happens I posted this before in different forum here but...