Windows 10: Windows 10 Task Bar Search Bug

Discus and support Windows 10 Task Bar Search Bug in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 taskbar search does not work. The normal search, when you open up file explorer works perfectly. I am connected to the internet. I do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Niyaaz, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Niyaaz Win User

Windows 10 Task Bar Search Bug

Windows 10 taskbar search does not work. The normal search, when you open up file explorer works perfectly. I am connected to the internet. I do not use Cortana. I have not registered the E-mail for Cortana. I have tried searching multiple files. It just doesn't work. I'm not sure what else I should tell you. Oh, I always get this whenever I search: https://i.imgur.com/OBXbj0c.jpg

There was a time when it did work normally and as it should. I'm not sure when it stopped working.

:)

Niyaaz, Aug 24, 2015

2. Microsoft Edge gone on task bar

Seems to be a major bug in Windows 10. I did a system restore to revive the start key and search box but I've lost Edge in "all apps" and on the task bar.

RussJohnsonZE, Aug 24, 2015
  3. llkiefer Win User
    Cortana search box will not work when task bar is located at top of screen.

I have placed my task bar at the top of my screen for a good 15 years. I also like to have the Cortana search box on the task bar however, when the task bar is at the top the search bar will not display. I do not want to have to hit the search icon in order
    to activate a search. I would like this search field to show. If I drag my task bar to the bottom of the screen it appears.

My windows 10 build is 14393.187

llkiefer, Aug 24, 2015
  4. runkz Win User

Hi, I am also experiencing the same bug. I don't use Cortana either nor did I sign in with my outlook account to Windows. I get the same search result "Something went wrong".

Following this thread *Smile

runkz, Aug 26, 2015
  5. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Aug 26, 2015
  6. runkz Win User
    This is more about using the search menu to run programs, rather than searching files, it doesn't display that either.

runkz, Aug 26, 2015
  7. Cortana is not a search engine, it is a search assistant/semi AI which sends the search queries to Bing.

Olivir2014, Aug 26, 2015
  8. bro67 Win User

Again Cortana is the new Search engine for Windows 10. Even before in Windows 8.1, you could have search queries sent to Bing.com.

Also keep in mind that there will be problems that Microsoft is patching as they get reports back about them. It will take up to next year to fix all issues that Windows 10 still has.

Now of course if you load Firefox, it changes the default of Bing.com to any search engine you choose for off OS inquiries. The only way to bypass the whole Cortana/Bing thing is to use the regular search in Explorer, or one of the third party utilities.

Of course the best one will always be good old Midnight Commander. Midnight Commander for Windows download | SourceForge.net

bro67, Aug 26, 2015
  9. runkz Win User
    Bumping this.
    Someone knows something!

runkz, Aug 26, 2015
  10. runkz Win User
    Re-Bump, let's keep this conversation relevant. This bug is very annoying.

runkz, Aug 31, 2015
  11. nabucco Win User
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Task Bar Search Bug - Similar Threads - Task Bar Search

2. Task Bar search feature

in Cortana
    Task Bar search feature: The Cortana feature next to my search box works. But when I attempt to type in the search box, nothing appears. I attempted to fix it through the Task Manager function, by right clicking the search feature and clicking end task. That didn't work. How can I fix the search...
  3. Windows Search on task bar

in Cortana
    Windows Search on task bar: When I use type here to search on my Windows 10 taskbar this search WILL NOT search the web it only searches my windows 10 files. Note when I search with Cortina voice it will work & search the web as before but when I type in the question it will not search the web. Also...
  4. Search icon on the task bar

in Cortana
    Search icon on the task bar: When I click on the search icon on the taskbar the "type here to search" box opens, but when I type nothing happens. No error code, no response, no hints, nothing. I can't think of anything I have done that could have caused this....
  5. my search on task bar windows 10

in Cortana
    my search on task bar windows 10: when posted something in my search on task bar it does nothing the screen pops up but it's blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-search-on-task-bar-windows-10/3afd8996-ca02-442c-abc7-7c595b6aafea"
  6. Windows Search bar bug/glitch

in Cortana
    Windows Search bar bug/glitch: Hello everyone. I have an issue which has been bothering me for the past month and it is very annoying. I don't really know how i need to explain it but i made a video of it. Here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVt-tHQ6ROM If you know how i need to fix this, please leave...
  7. Make Task Bar Search Bar Transparent

in Windows 10 Customization
    Make Task Bar Search Bar Transparent: Hi, After upgrading to Windows 10 1903, I noticed you guys split up the Cortana buttons and the Search bar ("Type here to search"). Because I am on dark windows theme and a light app theme, the search bar is a complete eye sore. It literally is a giant white box amidst a...
  8. search box on task bar

search box on task bar: i have no search box on my taskbar and no "show hidden taskbar button" when i right click on the taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-on-task-bar/25f599a6-b4b1-4f2c-b981-a63516008d53
  9. Search on Task Bar Broken

in Cortana
    Search on Task Bar Broken: So I see this is becoming a common problem, and I can safely say I've tried almost everything to fix it. The problem is I can type into the search on the task bar, but all that I see is a grey box with no results, which makes finding my fav programs very tough indeed....
  10. Restoring search bar in task bar.

Restoring search bar in task bar.: This option does not present itself: Right click the taskbar>Cortana>Show search box I can however, click the windows icon button and start typing to bring the search box up. However, I would like for it to come up on the task bar because that's what it does at work, and I...