Windows 10: Windows 10 Task Bar Search Bug

Discus and support Windows 10 Task Bar Search Bug in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 taskbar search does not work. The normal search, when you open up file explorer works perfectly. I am connected to the internet. I do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Niyaaz, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Niyaaz Win User

Windows 10 Task Bar Search Bug

Windows 10 taskbar search does not work. The normal search, when you open up file explorer works perfectly. I am connected to the internet. I do not use Cortana. I have not registered the E-mail for Cortana. I have tried searching multiple files. It just doesn't work. I'm not sure what else I should tell you. Oh, I always get this whenever I search: https://i.imgur.com/OBXbj0c.jpg

There was a time when it did work normally and as it should. I'm not sure when it stopped working.

:)

Niyaaz, Aug 24, 2015

2. Microsoft Edge gone on task bar

Seems to be a major bug in Windows 10. I did a system restore to revive the start key and search box but I've lost Edge in "all apps" and on the task bar.

RussJohnsonZE, Aug 24, 2015
  3. llkiefer Win User
    Cortana search box will not work when task bar is located at top of screen.

I have placed my task bar at the top of my screen for a good 15 years. I also like to have the Cortana search box on the task bar however, when the task bar is at the top the search bar will not display. I do not want to have to hit the search icon in order
    to activate a search. I would like this search field to show. If I drag my task bar to the bottom of the screen it appears.

My windows 10 build is 14393.187

llkiefer, Aug 24, 2015
  4. runkz Win User

Hi, I am also experiencing the same bug. I don't use Cortana either nor did I sign in with my outlook account to Windows. I get the same search result "Something went wrong".

Following this thread *Smile

runkz, Aug 26, 2015
  5. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Aug 26, 2015
  6. runkz Win User
    This is more about using the search menu to run programs, rather than searching files, it doesn't display that either.

runkz, Aug 26, 2015
  7. Cortana is not a search engine, it is a search assistant/semi AI which sends the search queries to Bing.

Olivir2014, Aug 26, 2015
  8. bro67 Win User

Again Cortana is the new Search engine for Windows 10. Even before in Windows 8.1, you could have search queries sent to Bing.com.

Also keep in mind that there will be problems that Microsoft is patching as they get reports back about them. It will take up to next year to fix all issues that Windows 10 still has.

Now of course if you load Firefox, it changes the default of Bing.com to any search engine you choose for off OS inquiries. The only way to bypass the whole Cortana/Bing thing is to use the regular search in Explorer, or one of the third party utilities.

Of course the best one will always be good old Midnight Commander. Midnight Commander for Windows download | SourceForge.net

bro67, Aug 26, 2015
  9. runkz Win User
    Bumping this.
    Someone knows something!

runkz, Aug 26, 2015
  10. runkz Win User
    Re-Bump, let's keep this conversation relevant. This bug is very annoying.

runkz, Aug 31, 2015
  11. nabucco Win User
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Task Bar Search Bug - Similar Threads - Task Bar Search

2. Search bar in task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar in task bar: Can someone PLEASE tell me where I can find the option to deactivate suggestions and activate recent open things, I know it's somewhere because I activated it in the past, but after a recent format I can't find it anymore and I am going nuts! : :...
  3. Search bar in task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar in task bar: Can someone PLEASE tell me where I can find the option to deactivate suggestions and activate recent open things, I know it's somewhere because I activated it in the past, but after a recent format I can't find it anymore and I am going nuts! : :...
  4. bugged task bar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bugged task bar: Hi, I recently noticed that my task bar stops working in certain conditions, ex:I normally boot up my computer.I log into my account everything's normalI switch to my another account: the task bar stops working: Only 3 icons appear: the windows logo, the search icon and the...
  5. Windows 10 Search Bar Bug

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Bar Bug: My windows is on latest update,This whit bars are showing in the search bar of windows 10,and when i hover it ,it gets disappear and then after few mins or something it came up again, it's not causing me anything but but it's ruining my windows 10 look...any help will be...
  6. search bar bug

in Cortana
    search bar bug: i am having a bug in search bar, as soon as i open any other window or start my laptop y search bar goes smaller and look like this :any solution for this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-bug/b6104e7d-b101-4291-acef-b3fe07935f7e
  7. Search Bar Bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search Bar Bug: Can someone help me with this? The search bar appears to have some bugs. It appears every startup, and goes back to normal when I click. But at some time, the bug will re-appear for unknown reason. Though still functional. THis might not be a big deal for others, but for me,...
  8. Search Bar Bugged

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search Bar Bugged: Search bar breaks when I use my mic I'm on dark mode by the way. Any clue what this is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-bugged/120e0fc1-d16d-4189-a070-bcf11b0238c6
  9. windows search bar bug

in Cortana
    windows search bar bug: I updates the windows after freshly dowloading windows and also updates the apps to new versions as well but some how my windows search bar shows the old version of app and my start menu shows the new version please help me with this...
  10. Windows 10 search bar bug!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 search bar bug!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/prodTheTagRapper [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j0u4r4/windows_10_search_bar_bug/