Windows 10: Windows 10 task bar system tray icons dissappearing in specific width of the taskbar

Discus and support Windows 10 task bar system tray icons dissappearing in specific width of the taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi to all, I've searched the discussions, I've checked the solutions regarding the icons to be displayed, yes, I've checked them all. This is what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JozefVaclavek, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Windows 10 task bar system tray icons dissappearing in specific width of the taskbar

Hi to all,

I've searched the discussions, I've checked the solutions regarding the icons to be displayed, yes, I've checked them all. This is what happens - in a specific width of the taskbar, not all of the icons make it into the system tray and some of them are simply hidden.

I'm using the taskbar on the right side of the screen. If I widen the taskbar a bit, those icons are shown again. The same happens, if I narrow the taskbar a bit. But that one particular width within a couple of pixels hides them.

1. This is a "wider" version of the taskbar - all icons are displayed, last three are highlighted:

Windows 10 task bar system tray icons dissappearing in specific width of the taskbar 7e281000-1e3b-488d-8f5c-4b29b907a972?upload=true.jpg

2. This is the "problematic" a bit narrower width of the taskbar - the highlighted icons dissappeared and there is no way to access them:

Windows 10 task bar system tray icons dissappearing in specific width of the taskbar badaa271-371b-425d-95a9-2bd16c8e9943?upload=true.jpg

3. When narrowed some more, again, all of the icons make it there:

Windows 10 task bar system tray icons dissappearing in specific width of the taskbar 4079eca9-5952-4bba-8f33-469b43154bee?upload=true.jpg

It seems, that the problem stays with the number of rows / columns - and if it is not filled "absolutely", without empty spaces, it does not optimize the number of rows / columns as it should.

When I make it even wider, it shows some empty spaces:

Windows 10 task bar system tray icons dissappearing in specific width of the taskbar 67a78099-c661-4050-a24e-c20029dd2263?upload=true.jpg

Setting "Always display all icons in the task bar" is turned ON. There are a couple of system icons turned OFF e.g. GPS, touchpad atc..

The amount of programs I run is dynamic - and some of them need to blink / flash - do some action to inform me. It is very frustrating that somebody writes me an IM and I'm not informed, because simply this icon did not make it into the display.

I tried locking / unlocking of the taskbar, I switched off and on displaying of system icons / manually turned off and on displaying of some icons. I frequently restarted windows explorer as that is the usual recommendation. Sometimes it helps, sometimes not.

My current workaround is keeping the taskbar wider, so that I do not miss anything, but that takes too much of my working space and I really would like to use it more effectively.

Thanks for any help

:)

JozefVaclavek, Mar 20, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

battery icon on task bar

Hi Pete,

Windows 10 has a feature to personalize your task bar icons. To retrieve the missing battery icon on your taskbar, kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click on the taskbar and select Settings.
    • Under Notification Area, click Turn system icons on or off.
    • Look for Power and toggle Power to On. Your battery icon should appear in the system tray again.

Let us know if this worked.

Xylee Del, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    task bar question

Hi Peter,

Windows 10 has a feature to personalize your task bar icons. To retrieve the missing battery icon on your taskbar, kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click on the taskbar and select Settings.
    • Under Notification Area, click Turn system icons on or off.
    • Look for Power and toggle Power to On. Your battery icon should appear in the system tray again.

Let us know if this worked.

Xylee Del, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Windows 10 task bar system tray icons dissappearing in specific width of the taskbar

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 task bar system tray icons dissappearing in specific width of the taskbar

1. Windows 10 task bar system tray icons dissappearing in specific width of the taskbar - Similar Threads - task bar system

2. Task bar icons autofitting to width of screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task bar icons autofitting to width of screen: Just got a new laptop and I can't find the right setting to fix this. My icons are ridiculously wide and seem to autofit to the width of my monitor image 1. How do I get them back to the normal size image 2, where the same number of programs are open, but use 1/2 the space. I...
  3. Task bar icons autofitting to width of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar icons autofitting to width of screen: Just got a new laptop and I can't find the right setting to fix this. My icons are ridiculously wide and seem to autofit to the width of my monitor image 1. How do I get them back to the normal size image 2, where the same number of programs are open, but use 1/2 the space. I...
  4. Task bar icons autofitting to width of screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I fix a dissappearing system notification tray in the taskbar?

How do I fix a dissappearing system notification tray in the taskbar?: The system notification tray that resides on the lower right of the taskbar keeps going missing. It only reappears if I do something to change the display, such as changing the resolution. When the notification tray does reappear, it's appearing with icons scrambled and...
  6. Task Manager System Tray Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager System Tray Icon in Windows 10: I would like to have the system tray icon of the Task Manager started at boot in WIndows 10. I have tried the batch file method in StackOverflow and the old Windows 7 Method it does not seem to work anymore. Please Help....
  7. Icon dissappeared / hidden in system tray - behind others

Icon dissappeared / hidden in system tray - behind others: So, 2 computers here that suddenly have the volume icon hidden behind another icon. "It's not hidden, it's turned off - turn it on via 'Turn system icons on or off' " -> No, it's hidden, not off. How do I know? If I open the 'Turn system icons on or off' and opt to...
  8. taskbar icons randonly dissappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    taskbar icons randonly dissappearing: Suddenly different icons disappear from taskbar in windows 10 Edge and IE11 browsers. one moment its edge that's gone then in a few minutes its IE or Google, gmail and any of the other icons that have been on taskbar for years. Only change made to PC recently was...
  9. Windows 10 System Tray icons expand across task bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 System Tray icons expand across task bar: [ATTACH]I'm having an issue where a user logs in and the icons in the system tray that would normally be hidden in the overflow container are not being hidden. Also, the option to hide the icons is enabled but it is not hiding any of the icons in the system tray that are...
  10. System tray and task bar seem to be frozen.

System tray and task bar seem to be frozen.: All of the sudden, the buttons don't work anymore. The app store button opens it briefly and then shuts it down. Same with Microsoft Edge. The battery status button doesn't work, same with the date/clock button, the keyboard and windows ink buttons. And most important,...