Windows 10: Windows 10 task manager closes every time I open it.

Discus and support Windows 10 task manager closes every time I open it. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Today my task manager started closing every time I try to open it. It has an icon in the task tray area for each time I try to open it, but when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JustinHubbard1, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Windows 10 task manager closes every time I open it.

Today my task manager started closing every time I try to open it.

It has an icon in the task tray area for each time I try to open it, but when I open the task tray they all disappear.

I used to have a more detailed view but for the brief moment I can see the task manager it's in simple mode.

All antivirus software (Avast and Windows defender periodic scan) is up to date and says everything is clean.

Malywarebytes antirootkit standalone scanner comes up clean.

Rkill found no malware to stop.

SFC found and repaired some problems (now it comes up clean) but the task manager still wont stay open.

I have no idea what is causing this

:)

JustinHubbard1, Nov 5, 2018

2. Windows 10 Task Manager opens and closes instantly?

Hello,

One of the possible causes why you can't open the Task Manager is due to some task which is running in background. Having said
    that, we suggest performing the suggestions posted by Singh Sarandeep in this
    thread
    . Quite a few people found his suggestions helpful.

Note that the information in the thread applies to Windows 8.1, but still applicable to Windows 10.

Michelle Vil, Nov 5, 2018
  3. TomLaw2 Win User
    Can't close Task Manager in Windows 10

I opened Task manager in Windows 10 to force a program to close and afterwards I can't get Task Manager to close. I attempted to open a new Task Manager window, but it just switched to the current TM window that I can't close.

TomLaw2, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 task manager closes every time I open it.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 task manager closes every time I open it.

1. Windows 10 task manager closes every time I open it. - Similar Threads - task manager closes

2. I closed start in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I closed start in task manager: I accidentally closed the "start" process in task manager, I tried to restart the PC but after logging in again I only see a black screen. Thanks everyone for the reply...
  3. I closed start in task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    I closed start in task manager: I accidentally closed the "start" process in task manager, I tried to restart the PC but after logging in again I only see a black screen. Thanks everyone for the reply...
  4. Task manager opens for a second then closes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager opens for a second then closes: HelloI have been having an issue for a few months and I finally decided to take action, task manager closing about a second after opening it. I browsed about 10 threads and still could not find a solution. It works in safe mode, but I do not know how to get it to work in a...
  5. Task manager opens for a second then closes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager opens for a second then closes: HelloI have been having an issue for a few months and I finally decided to take action, task manager closing about a second after opening it. I browsed about 10 threads and still could not find a solution. It works in safe mode, but I do not know how to get it to work in a...
  6. Task manager opens for a second then closes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. 82% into windows update and this happens, every time i close and relaunch task manager it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    82% into windows update and this happens, every time i close and relaunch task manager it...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Tom735428 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lj6f3c/82_into_windows_update_and_this_happens_every/
  8. Every time I open task manager it says 100% CPU usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Every time I open task manager it says 100% CPU usage: Every time I open it says 100% CPU usage and then drops to normal which is 2%, I then check the graphs in task manager and everything is normal. Could I possibly have a virus? If so idek how I downloaded it, the only thing I downloaded recently was free PDF ebooks. submitted...
  9. Task manager opens and then imediately closes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager opens and then imediately closes.: I have just built my first pc, and installed windows 10 this morning. I then installed google chrome and streamlabs obs. Those are the only three programs that i installed on this hard drive and No problems were present. I left my computer up for about an hour and came back,...
  10. Task manager acts unresponsive, it crashes every time I close it

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager acts unresponsive, it crashes every time I close it: I have an MSI GL63 8RE laptop using Wingows 10 Home ver. 1903 which was working fine until yesterday, but this morning suddenly it's become really glitchy. For example, a lot of my apps won't open up at all, only a few games/apps not installed on the SSD(the Windows drive)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. whyd oes opera close when i open taskmanager

2. task manager open and closing

3. task manager opens and closes

4. windows 10 task manager opens then closes