Windows 10: Windows 10 - Task manager doesn't display GPU stats (WDDM 2.2 driver)

Discus and support Windows 10 - Task manager doesn't display GPU stats (WDDM 2.2 driver) in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; As the title says, I have the WDDM 2.2 drivers which are required for GPU stats in task manager, and I still don't see them. I also have the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Feez, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Feez Win User

Windows 10 - Task manager doesn't display GPU stats (WDDM 2.2 driver)

As the title says, I have the WDDM 2.2 drivers which are required for GPU stats in task manager, and I still don't see them. I also have the latest Windows updates as well as latest NVIDIA drivers.

Task manager
    https://i.imgur.com/iziN5h8.png

DirectX Diagnostic Tool

Windows 10 - Task manager doesn't display GPU stats (WDDM 2.2 driver) [​IMG]

System specs:

:)

2. Upgraded to Windows Fall Creator and now i can't track my GPU in task manager

You are welcome. Glad for that Grub outcome.

Well, I'm still no expert in this issue, but I think I see the problem...

GPUs in the task manager

GPUs in the task manager

It says, under system requirements: "The Task Manager's GPU performance data requires a GPU driver that supports WDDM version 2.0 or above." & "Unfortunately, if you are running on an older WDDMv1.x GPU,
    the Task Manager will not be displaying GPU data for you."

I'm unsure whether Win 10 is supposed to provide that driver or whether the graphics adapter manufacturer supplies it. Or, is it the hardware, itself, that is incapable of the task?

I guess its worth a try to update the Graphics Adapter driver. What shows up in your DxDiag...?...

Edit: I see you had an inkling it was WDDM (Windows Display Driver Model) version at fault. I still don't know whether that is hardware or software, but I begin to suspect it is
    hardware. But I'm really puzzled that you say you saw GPU gauges before. So, there's still a chance it is a software issue.

However, the GPU you've got runs as before - it's just that Task Monitor can't monitor it.

PCR Just PCR, Dec 13, 2017
  3. GPU graph is not seen in task manager

Hi Sree,

You can now view GPU performance in the Task Manager in Windows 10 if you have a dedicated GPU, the Task Manager will show you performance stats for both the integrated and dedicated GPU since you just mentioned that you've already upgraded your PC to the Fall
    Creators Update. But, since the GPU graph is not showing on your PC's Task Manager, there's a possibility that your computer wasn't meet requirements for GPU in the Task Manager. To know more about it, you may check this article:
    GPUs in the task manager

Let us know if you need further help.

Jenicel Dri, Dec 13, 2017
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Hey Feez,
    What vers / build are you running. I believe that feature is only available in Fall Creators Update (1709 / 16299)

Eagle51, Dec 13, 2017
  5. Feez Win User
    I'm running 1703 (OS Build 15063.786), and I'm not sure how to get to 1709.

Edit:
    I am currently trying to update using this tool https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10. I will post results.

6. Eagle51 Win User
    Eagle51, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Task manager doesn't display GPU stats (WDDM 2.2 driver) - Similar Threads - Task manager doesn't

2. GPU temperature does not display in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU temperature does not display in Task Manager: Windows 10 Home, version 10.0.19045 Build 19045Latest GPU driver is installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpu-temperature-does-not-display-in-task-manager/14d0d64e-f2fb-4358-8700-18b9f058a534
  3. No GPU in Task Manager in Windows 10 Despite Having WDDM 2.7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No GPU in Task Manager in Windows 10 Despite Having WDDM 2.7: I have driver model as mentioned in the subject. I also tried updating all the Drivers in the Device Manager, but still to no avail. The Task Manager shows the GPU columns in the Processes tab, but the GPU temperature and graph do not appear in the Performance tab. I already...
  4. Notice there error GPU Temp monitor in Task Manager for Sli 2 x GPU

in Windows 10 Support
    Notice there error GPU Temp monitor in Task Manager for Sli 2 x GPU: Hello I have notice there error monitor for two GPU Sli.. there both GPUs are same temperature. I have check in my AIDI64 so there is correct monitor. I am sure the Task Manager do have error with monitor Temp for GPU2 See the photos and if you are the same? [img] [img]...
  5. Task manager Not polling stats

Task manager Not polling stats: i noticed a while ago that Task Manager does not poll stats, and instead, just freezes with the information, so i have to close it and reopen it to refresh the stats. this is very annoying as i wish to monitor the status of my system in real time, without having to use...
  6. Secondary display with 2 GPU's

Secondary display with 2 GPU's: SO I have recently purchased a laptop for work/gaming/AutoCAD. it has an integrated Intel UHD 630, and a secondary GTX 1060. I need to have 2 displays running as I need the screen real estate, THough my secondary display is **** compared to the one on the laptop yet my GTX...
  7. WDMA - GPU doesn't appear on Task Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WDMA - GPU doesn't appear on Task Manager: The WDMA I'm using is version 2.0. That's why the GPU tab doesn't appear in my task manager > Performance. so, how to upgrade to version 2.1 or higher. im using windows 10, build 10240 [ATTACH]...
  8. 2 missing drivers displayed on my device manager.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 missing drivers displayed on my device manager.: So, I did a clean install of Windows 10, around 3/2 days ago; and I installed all the drivers with a PRO version of Driver Easy and Avast Driver Updater. Now, the computer I own came with Windows 8 and when I installed those drivers there were no sign of any missing drivers...
  9. GPU not showing up in Task Manager (WDDM 2.2)

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPU not showing up in Task Manager (WDDM 2.2): It's exactly as the subject says. I've done the whole running dxdiag.exe and checking the WDDM (which is 2.2), and right-clicking on the name-sorting-thing in the task manager to see if GPU is simply unchecked, but it's not even there. It's a Radeon RX 480 and an AMD CPU if...
  10. How to interpret the Task Manager stats

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to interpret the Task Manager stats: I am trying to figure out where is the bottleneck in my system, namely disk I/O or CPU, for my video editng tasks. I newly loaded Win 10 Pro on a SSD drive, but found no difference in the final encoding performance, whether I put all the Video files on the SSD or a SATA 3...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task manager stats

2. gpu windows task manager not display

3. task manager doesnt show gpu

4. up to date driver but cant see gpu usage task manager,
  5. windows 10 dxdiag 2.2 no GPU task manager