Windows 10: Windows 10. Task Manager greyed out.

Discus and support Windows 10. Task Manager greyed out. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I right click on the task bar the "Task Manager" is greyed out. When I type gpedit.mc or regedit in the run bar I get the warning - registry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Graham Laughlan, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Windows 10. Task Manager greyed out.

When I right click on the task bar the "Task Manager" is greyed out. When I type gpedit.mc or regedit in the run bar I get the warning - registry editing has been disabled by your administrator.

Since I have no knowledge of disabling anything, how do I get it back?

:)

Graham Laughlan, Sep 20, 2018
  2. Tryx3 Win User

Credentials for Task Manager

Task manager in Windows 10 is not the same thing as Task manager for Windows 7 & earlier.

• You can, for example, alter Startup items that you used to use MSConfig for in earlier Windows versions.

• If you are logged in to an Admin user account, Task manager in Windows 10 always challenges for Admin permission when it starts.
    • If you are logged in to a Standard user account, Task manager in Windows 10 will open without any Admin challenge.

• If you are logged in to an Admin user account, Task manager in Windows 10 will allow you to alter entries in the Start-up tab such as disabling an item.
    • If you are logged in to a Standard user account, Task manager in Windows 10 will only allow you to alter entries in the Start-up tab that affect that user account only. If you try to alter an item that affects other users, the disable command is greyed
      out.

Denis

Tryx3, Sep 20, 2018
  3. dotmarty Win User
    Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Sep 20, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

Windows 10. Task Manager greyed out.

Windows 10 Task Manager to Get GPU Utilization Tab

Microsoft is working on an update to Windows 10, which among several other things, adds a GPU utilization tab to Task Manager. You will be able to monitor each individual GPU in your machine, and Task Manager will give you live utilization stats for the GPU's 3D load, Video hardware-acceleration (encode/decode) load, dedicated memory usage, shared memory usage, and basic driver information such as driver version and date. For now the update is part of Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16226; and will make it to the main-release in the coming months.

Windows 10. Task Manager greyed out. 72c4e559f706_thm.jpg

Source: Windows Blog

btarunr, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10. Task Manager greyed out.

1. Windows 10. Task Manager greyed out. - Similar Threads - Task Manager greyed

2. End Task grayed out in task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    End Task grayed out in task manager: Hello! i was trying to terminate a task in Task Manager, but i cant because the "End Task" button was grayed out, and only the "Restart" button when selecting Windows Explorer works, On my standard account, its grayed out, however on the administrator, its not grayed out If...
  3. End Task grayed out in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    End Task grayed out in task manager: Hello! i was trying to terminate a task in Task Manager, but i cant because the "End Task" button was grayed out, and only the "Restart" button when selecting Windows Explorer works, On my standard account, its grayed out, however on the administrator, its not grayed out If...
  4. Extend volume in Disk Management, greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extend volume in Disk Management, greyed out: 1. Previously, I deleted the New Volume D: using Delete Volume, in Disk Management. Then I restarted the PC. Unallocated space of 488.28 GB was visible, but Extend Volume option was greyed out after right-clicking on OS C:.2. In Control Panel\System and Security\BitLocker...
  5. Extend volume in Disk Management, greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extend volume in Disk Management, greyed out: 1. Previously, I deleted the New Volume D: using Delete Volume, in Disk Management. Then I restarted the PC. Unallocated space of 488.28 GB was visible, but Extend Volume option was greyed out after right-clicking on OS C:.2. In Control Panel\System and Security\BitLocker...
  6. Manage permissions is not greyed out on one child

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Manage permissions is not greyed out on one child: I just set up parental controls. On one child, the manage permissions section is not greyed out. He can change restrictions at will once he discovers this. How do I fix this?...
  7. Rename Function in File Manager Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rename Function in File Manager Greyed Out: I would like to rename a folder under Windows C: Users/ABCD to DEFG Rename Icon in the Toolbar is greyed out. Then I highlighted the folder ABCD right click and the rename option is not available on Cut Paste and Delete..... I would like to know how to activated the...
  8. Grey properties on task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Grey properties on task manager: Hey, I'm trying to go on an .exe file's properties on task manager but it's just grey? Can you help me fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-properties-on-task-manager/af0dcac2-de58-4d2b-bdf5-5e1f2c8899f8
  9. Windows 10 Sandbox item is greyed out or greyed out

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Sandbox item is greyed out or greyed out: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The only way to enable Windows Sandbox feature is from the Turn Windows features on and off utility. There are various components in the background that support the functioning of this Windows Sandbox feature. It will work directly on the basis of [...] This...
  10. Windows 10 services greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 services greyed out: Hi, I currently own a laptop with Windows 10 Home Edition OS. I have always manually disabled Windows Updates through services.msc(disabling it through other means does not seem to work, it still updates), somehow it keeps turning itself back on every reboot, I don't want my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is disabled button greyed out on task manager

2. task manager greyed out windows 10

3. task manager greyed out

4. setup app task manager greyed out,
  5. task manager greyed out w10,
  6. windows10 disk manager options greyed out,
  7. task manager windows 10 is greyed out,
  8. greyed out task manager,
  9. task manager windows 10 greyed