Windows 10: Windows 10 Task Manager not starting in a timely fashion

Discus and support Windows 10 Task Manager not starting in a timely fashion in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a fairly new desktop PC (about 10 months old). It came with Windows 8.1 which I later upgraded to 10. Every thing was OK until recently when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by csathys, Oct 17, 2015.

1. csathys Win User

Windows 10 Task Manager not starting in a timely fashion

I have a fairly new desktop PC (about 10 months old). It came with Windows 8.1 which I later upgraded to 10. Every thing was OK until recently when I started noticing that the task manager isn't opening up at all. After about a minute or two, I get this message:
    "The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion"

Windows 10 Task Manager not starting in a timely fashion [​IMG]

I'm not sure what is going on. Please help!

:)

csathys, Oct 17, 2015
  2. KenLaso Win User

Computer is slow and cannot open Task Manager - "The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion"

Since I downloaded Microsoft 10 my computer got very slow. I'm not able to open the task manager. I get a massage that reads. The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. I need help.

Thanks

<Original title - Task manager >

KenLaso, Oct 17, 2015
  3. Eric_946 Win User
    The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion

Windows 10 Getting error message: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion and Task Manager doesn't open.

Cannot start Command Prompt to run SFC for the same reason.

Cannot run Regedit either

Eric_946, Oct 17, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Task Manager not starting in a timely fashion

1. Windows 10 Task Manager not starting in a timely fashion - Similar Threads - Task Manager starting

2. about of the fashion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    about of the fashion: I like it, it art fashion, and it been long time sense I been into fashion I work a dirty job so kind hard ware it at the moment but time to change the my own fashion , I use dress very fashionable...
  3. CTRL ALT DEL should bring up the TASK MANAGER in a TIMELY FASHION .. like NOW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CTRL ALT DEL should bring up the TASK MANAGER in a TIMELY FASHION .. like NOW: In the old days, when there was a hung window, or a virus attack running amuck creating windows galore, you could actually do CTRL ALT DEL, get the task manager and kill the process. No more. Now the priority on TASK MANAGER is apparently so low it comes after all the drama...
  4. CTRL ALT DEL should bring up the TASK MANAGER in a TIMELY FASHION .. like NOW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CTRL ALT DEL should bring up the TASK MANAGER in a TIMELY FASHION .. like NOW: In the old days, when there was a hung window, or a virus attack running amuck creating windows galore, you could actually do CTRL ALT DEL, get the task manager and kill the process. No more. Now the priority on TASK MANAGER is apparently so low it comes after all the drama...
  5. CTRL ALT DEL should bring up the TASK MANAGER in a TIMELY FASHION .. like NOW

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Window 10 START MENU replaced with old fashion start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window 10 START MENU replaced with old fashion start menu: I have lost my Windows 10 START soon after an upgrade in late June 2021. To check SETTINGS or to CLOSE I used LEFT click and the symbol. NOW I have an old fashion menu, have to RIGHT click and click on SHUT DOWN. I can’t PIN and have no programme list menu displayed in...
  7. "Start" task in task-manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Start" task in task-manager: I want to ask if this task in the task-manager runs a malicious .exe file. File path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Start\MenuExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\StartMenuExperienceHost.exe I read on the Internet that this is either safe or evil and I don't know if I...
  8. Windows start up and task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows start up and task manager: I can see an applications called jibes and kidney in my task manager, They run qdiavwq and cdiavwup. I don't recognize the apps. Can anyone tell me what launches them and what they do. I'm not sure if I have a virus....
  9. Windows 10 Start, Cortana, Task Manager not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start, Cortana, Task Manager not working: Hi there. This is my first post, apologies if I have skipped forum rules or if this is in the wrong section but facing a slight emergency here. Started facing this problem since today morning. Start Menu doesnt work upon clicking. Task Manager works when system first boots...
  10. The service did not respond to start or ....... timely fashion

in Windows 10 Support
    The service did not respond to start or ....... timely fashion: Hello All, Suddenly the below error are displayed for many of the applications When I try to start task manger below error is displayed [img] Same is for regedit [img] Below is when services app is clicked [img] Windows update has stopped...