Windows 10: Windows 10 Task Manager not starting in a timely fashion

Discus and support Windows 10 Task Manager not starting in a timely fashion in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a fairly new desktop PC (about 10 months old). It came with Windows 8.1 which I later upgraded to 10. Every thing was OK until recently when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by csathys, Oct 17, 2015.

1. csathys Win User

Windows 10 Task Manager not starting in a timely fashion

I have a fairly new desktop PC (about 10 months old). It came with Windows 8.1 which I later upgraded to 10. Every thing was OK until recently when I started noticing that the task manager isn't opening up at all. After about a minute or two, I get this message:
    "The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion"

Windows 10 Task Manager not starting in a timely fashion [​IMG]

I'm not sure what is going on. Please help!

:)

csathys, Oct 17, 2015
  2. KenLaso Win User

Computer is slow and cannot open Task Manager - "The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion"

Since I downloaded Microsoft 10 my computer got very slow. I'm not able to open the task manager. I get a massage that reads. The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. I need help.

Thanks

<Original title - Task manager >

KenLaso, Oct 17, 2015
  3. Eric_946 Win User
    The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion

Windows 10 Getting error message: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion and Task Manager doesn't open.

Cannot start Command Prompt to run SFC for the same reason.

Cannot run Regedit either

Eric_946, Oct 17, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Task Manager not starting in a timely fashion

1. Windows 10 Task Manager not starting in a timely fashion - Similar Threads - Task Manager starting

2. Work time problem in task manager.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Work time problem in task manager.: Hi. Few days ago I noticed a "bug"? In task manager. I mean that the CPU work time still working after I shutdown my PC. I checked this on my laptop and this problem exists too.. Just look at screen: [ATTACH] More interestingly. This time is reset after the PC has...
  3. Windows start up and task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows start up and task manager: I can see an applications called jibes and kidney in my task manager, They run qdiavwq and cdiavwup. I don't recognize the apps. Can anyone tell me what launches them and what they do. I'm not sure if I have a virus....
  4. windows 10 task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 task manager: hello on my windows 10 task manager, when i click memory tab didn't show speed, slot used and form factor for ram. model laptop : acer nitro 5 an515-42 windows 10 home amd ryzen 5 2500u with radeon560rx windows version : 1809 bios : 1.11[IMG]...
  5. Windows start menu, task manager and task bar not working

in Cortana
    Windows start menu, task manager and task bar not working: Hello, I got a new lenovo idea centre and it worked find the first day, then on the 2nd day the start menu wouldn't open, the task bar does not work and things like the control panel do not open! I keep getting the error C:\\windows\system32\ptionalfeatures.exe. This...
  6. Windows 10 task manager closes every time I open it.

Windows 10 task manager closes every time I open it.: Today my task manager started closing every time I try to open it. It has an icon in the task tray area for each time I try to open it, but when I open the task tray they all disappear. I used to have a more detailed view but for the brief moment I can see the task manager...
  7. TASK MANAGER

TASK MANAGER: When I open Task Manager I get the following: APPS (1) BACKGROUND PROCESSES (75) WINDOWS PROCESS (98) I have no idea what all these processes are nor how they got there. I had Windows 10 on my previous computer, never saw such larger number of processes running. I'm...
  8. Unwanted programs starting (no Task Manager)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unwanted programs starting (no Task Manager): Whenever I start Windows 10, early on in the boot cycle I get a Firefox Window. As the system continues to initialize the Firefox window slowly come to life, though sometimes not fully. I've checked all the obvious places, Task Manager, c;\users\user_name\AppData\Roaming...
  9. Windows 10 Start, Cortana, Task Manager not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start, Cortana, Task Manager not working: Hi there. This is my first post, apologies if I have skipped forum rules or if this is in the wrong section but facing a slight emergency here. Started facing this problem since today morning. Start Menu doesnt work upon clicking. Task Manager works when system first boots...
  10. The service did not respond to start or ....... timely fashion

in Windows 10 Support
    The service did not respond to start or ....... timely fashion: Hello All, Suddenly the below error are displayed for many of the applications When I try to start task manger below error is displayed [img] Same is for regedit [img] Below is when services app is clicked [img] Windows update has stopped...