Windows 10: Windows 10 Task Manager will get three new features

Discus and support Windows 10 Task Manager will get three new features in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Task Manager is one of the apps that consumers use on a daily basis and it provides us with essential information of the system including CPU, GPU,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Dec 26, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 Task Manager will get three new features

Task Manager is one of the apps that consumers use on a daily basis and it provides us with essential information of the system including CPU, GPU, Disk, and as well as Network usage.

Like Windows 10, the built-in Task Manager is evolving too and it’s getting new features in the next major feature update.

According to a report, Microsoft is planning to add a new Architecture column to the Task Manager. Architecture column will display the architecture of process such as x86, x64 or Arm32. A similar functionality already exists on the Details tab (Platform) column, but it’s limited to 64-bit and 32-bit.

It’s not clear when the tech giant will update the Task Manager to include Architecture column, but it’s likely to happen in the second half of 2020.

Disk type in Task Manager

Windows 10 Task Manager will get three new features Task-Manager.jpg

Windows 10 version 2004 (Spring 2020) comes with the addition of disk type in the Task Manager Performance tab. This allows users to quickly identify the disk types – HDDs, SSDs and other disk types.

The disk type is listed under the disk section of the performance tab.

GPU temperature

Microsoft is finally adding GPU (graphics card) temperature monitoring support to the Task Manager. If you have a dedicated GPU card and graphics driver is updated, Task Manager can now bubble up the current temperature of the GPU card.

Windows 10 Task Manager will get three new features Task-Manager-GPU.jpg

The GPU temperature in Task Manager is currently only supported if you have dedicated GPU card, but support for the integrated graphics could be added in future.

The updated graphics driver should support version 2.4+ of WDDM. You can check the version of WDDM under ‘Display’ tab in DirectX Diagnostic Tool. The WDDM version is listed next to the Driver model.

Task Manager currently displays the temperature value in Celsius and the option is also included in Windows 10 version 2004 (20H1).

Microsoft is expected to begin shipping the Windows 10 version 2004 (20H1) update to consumers in April or May. The other features of the major update include Cloud Recovery, new Cortana experience, revamped Optional Updates experience and more.

The post Windows 10 Task Manager will get three new features appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Dec 26, 2019
  2. dotmarty Win User

Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Dec 26, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 26, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Windows 10 Task Manager to Get GPU Utilization Tab

Microsoft is working on an update to Windows 10, which among several other things, adds a GPU utilization tab to Task Manager. You will be able to monitor each individual GPU in your machine, and Task Manager will give you live utilization stats for the GPU's 3D load, Video hardware-acceleration (encode/decode) load, dedicated memory usage, shared memory usage, and basic driver information such as driver version and date. For now the update is part of Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16226; and will make it to the main-release in the coming months.

Windows 10 Task Manager will get three new features 72c4e559f706_thm.jpg

Source: Windows Blog

btarunr, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Task Manager will get three new features - Similar Threads - Task Manager three

2. Not getting the right-click-taskboar-for-task-manager new feature.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not getting the right-click-taskboar-for-task-manager new feature.: Windows Update is up to date; all available updates installed. I do not see KB5019961 listed in Update History and when I try to install it as a free-standing update, it says it's not applicable to my machine. I'm running 64 bit W11 Pro on a 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-1165G7...
  3. Not getting the right-click-taskboar-for-task-manager new feature.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not getting the right-click-taskboar-for-task-manager new feature.: Windows Update is up to date; all available updates installed. I do not see KB5019961 listed in Update History and when I try to install it as a free-standing update, it says it's not applicable to my machine. I'm running 64 bit W11 Pro on a 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-1165G7...
  4. Three wmiprvse.exe in task manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Three wmiprvse.exe in task manager.: Hello, i would like to ask, is it normal to have more than one or two WmiPrvse.exe processes while playing a multiplayer game?I'm asking beacuse i had RAT on my pc, but after factory reset with clear disc option enabled, it looks normal, i'm asking to just make sure that the...
  5. Three wmiprvse.exe in task manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Three wmiprvse.exe in task manager.: Hello, i would like to ask, is it normal to have more than one or two WmiPrvse.exe processes while playing a multiplayer game?I'm asking beacuse i had RAT on my pc, but after factory reset with clear disc option enabled, it looks normal, i'm asking to just make sure that the...
  6. Windows 10 Task Manager is getting a big upgrade with new features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Task Manager is getting a big upgrade with new features: Windows 10 Task Manager is an important bit of desktop functionality that can be improved with support for new controls. In recent preview builds, Windows Task Manager has been graced with not one but two new features, which includes a new option to reduce system resources...
  7. Windows 10 to get three new features for power users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 to get three new features for power users: Microsoft is working on a PowerToys update that will introduce a range of new features and further expand customization options on Windows 10. For those unaware, PowerToys is an open-source tool created by Microsoft for your everyday tasks, such as customizing existing...
  8. Windows 10 is getting three new shiny features from the modular OS

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is getting three new shiny features from the modular OS: As we reported earlier this year, the next Windows 10 update may debut some features from Windows 10X. With a new Windows 10 preview build, Microsoft has finally enabled three new shiny features from the modular OS, including a new way to copy and paste your clipboard and...
  9. Task Manager to get a new feature with Windows 10 19H1 update

in Windows 10 News
    Task Manager to get a new feature with Windows 10 19H1 update: Task Manager is one of those things, many Windows users cannot live without, especially power users. With repeated Windows 10 updates, Microsoft has made it more useful and easy to use. Now Task Manager is getting another exciting new feature with the 19H1 update. Currently,...
  10. Three COM Surrogates in task manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Three COM Surrogates in task manager: is this a virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/three-com-surrogates-in-task-manager/d75710ea-c507-44a7-b4a0-58121442e3ce"