Windows 10: Windows 10 Task Scheduler Event ID 414 Error

Discus and support Windows 10 Task Scheduler Event ID 414 Error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm getting the following error: Task Scheduler service found a misconfiguration in the NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\RegisterSearch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BillGoNM, Sep 20, 2015.

1. BillGoNM Win User

Windows 10 Task Scheduler Event ID 414 Error

I'm getting the following error:

Task Scheduler service found a misconfiguration in the NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\RegisterSearch definition. Additional Data: Error Value: %SystemRoot%\ehome\ehPrivJob.exe.

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    L: - <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-TaskScheduler" Guid="{DE7B24EA-73C8-4A09-985D-5BDADCFA9017}" />

<EventID>414</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>3</Level>

<Task>414</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x4000000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-09-21T15:24:44.562056800Z" />

<EventRecordID>10845</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="1004" ThreadID="1292" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>RedRocksPhoto</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

L: - <EventData Name="TaskMisconfigured">
    <Data Name="TaskName">NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\RegisterSearch</Data>

<Data Name="Parameter">%SystemRoot%\ehome\ehPrivJob.exe</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

​Windows 10 Home....

:)

BillGoNM, Sep 20, 2015
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan, Sep 20, 2015
  3. feview Win User
    Task Scheduler service found a misconfiguration in the NT TASK\SlimCleaner Plus

Getting this warning in event viewer. Event ID 414

Task Scheduler service found a misconfiguration in the NT TASK\SlimCleaner Plus (Scheduled Scan - jonly) definition. Additional Data: Error Value: C:\Program Files\SlimCleaner Plus\SlimCleanerPlus.exe.

Can any one explain this warning? I don't even have SlimCleaner. Windows 10 Task Scheduler Event ID 414 Error :(

feview, Sep 20, 2015
  4. AdiGri Win User

This is just a remnant of Windows Media Center that is no longer supported by Windows 10. According to www.eventid.net, you can get rid of it by disabling all the Media Center tasks in Task Scheduler.

AdiGri, Sep 21, 2015
  5. BillGoNM Win User
    I'll give that a try... Thank you.

BillGoNM, Sep 21, 2015
  6. Tonyb Win User
    sorry to bring up a old post but i just got this one today seems it creeped its ugly head after anniversaire update any help appreciated.

Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-TaskScheduler
    Date: 8/12/2016 10:36:02 AM
    Event ID: 414
    Task Category: Task Misconfiguration
    Level: Warning
    Keywords:
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer:
    Description:
    Task Scheduler service found a misconfiguration in the NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\PvrScheduleTask definition. Additional Data: Error Value: %SystemRoot%\ehome\mcupdate.exe.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-TaskScheduler" Guid="{DE7B24EA-73C8-4A09-985D-5BDADCFA9017}" />
    <EventID>414</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>3</Level>
    <Task>414</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x4000000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-08-12T17:36:02.035002500Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1681</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="1152" ThreadID="1496" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>PC</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    <EventData Name="TaskMisconfigured">
    <Data Name="TaskName">NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\PvrScheduleTask</Data>
    <Data Name="Parameter">%SystemRoot%\ehome\mcupdate.exe</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

Tonyb, Aug 12, 2016
  7. Barefoot Win User
    I have error 414 after turning off Windows Media Features in "Turn Windows Features on or off". I don't see the task in task scheduler that has created this error. Is this something DISM can fix?

Barefoot, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Task Scheduler Event ID 414 Error - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler Event

2. Task Scheduler errors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Scheduler errors: Hi I upgraded a Windows 7 Pro 64 BIT O/S pc to Windows 10 Pro 64 BIT O/S. It seems since I did this every time I open task scheduler I get a few errors that say User_feed_sycronization with different numbers after it and a task registraion error. I can create new tasks and...
  3. Mapping Windows Event IDs to Task IDs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mapping Windows Event IDs to Task IDs: I am trying to populate a spreadsheet for Windows Event IDs with the following information: • Log Name e.g. Security • Task Category e.g. Security State Change • Keywords e.g. Audit Success • Task ID e.g. 12288 - should be a 5-digit number the most important information...
  4. Task Scheduler Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Error: 3 days ago, my task scheduler stopped working showing the following error '' Remote Computer was not found '' and then '' the task scheduler service on local computer started and then stopped. some services stop automatically if not in use by other services or programs'' so I...
  5. Task Scheduler error

Task Scheduler error: Hello This error was showing to me when I was need to update my geforce experience and I saw an error that said that I need to start the task scheduler so I press windows key and R, run services.msc, go to task scheduler and attempted to start it and then I saw this massage:...
  6. Help required re ID Error 414

Help required re ID Error 414: Firstly I'm sorry if this question is in the wrong section. There's been lots of postings on the net regarding this. I have up to 12 errors in Event Viewer relating to this error ID. They appear everytime I start up. I know its about the redundant Media Center but I can't...
  7. Task Scheduler error

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler error: Each time an attempt is made to change an existing/working entry that I have created in Task Scheduler it reports "invalid parameter." Same thing occurs when importing a previously exported, working entry that I created, which necessitates deletion and recreation of the...
  8. 414 Events for MCUpdate

in Windows 10 Support
    414 Events for MCUpdate: "Task Scheduler service found a misconfiguration in the NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\PeriodicScanRetry definition. Additional Data: Error Value: %windir%\ehome\MCUpdate.exe." i seem to have acquired these in my events log, but use NOD32, never used McAffee - how do...
  9. Help required re ID Error 414

in Windows 10 Support
    Help required re ID Error 414: Firstly I'm sorry if this question is in the wrong section. There's been lots of postings on the net regarding this. I have up to 12 errors in Event Viewer relating to this error ID. They appear everytime I start up. I know its about the redundant Media Center but I can't...
  10. Task Scheduler Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler Error: When I access Task Scheduler, an error appears that says SqmUpload_S-1-5-21......... no longer exists. To see the current tasks, click Refresh. However, the same message appears when I click Refresh. I can close the message and it appears the Task Scheduler is OK. A person on...