Windows 10: Windows 10 Task Scheduler not finding Admin

Discus and support Windows 10 Task Scheduler not finding Admin in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've got 2 users on one machine. One "Standard" user and one "Administrator". They both log in fine. The Admin user has a password assigned, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BryanMohr, Aug 24, 2015.

1. BryanMohr Win User

Windows 10 Task Scheduler not finding Admin

I've got 2 users on one machine. One "Standard" user and one "Administrator". They both log in fine. The Admin user has a password assigned, the Standard user does not. I am trying to run a program that requires elevated access on logon of the Standard user. So while logged into the Standard user account, I open Task Scheduler and set all the specifics, including the "Run with highest privileges" checkbox. Then I click OK, select the Admin user to run as, and enter the password. Task Scheduler always says that either the user is unknown (how it could be unknown, I don't know since I selected it from the dropdown) or the password is incorrect, which it definitely is not. Can anyone else confirm that this does or does not work on their machine? Is there a workaround? Maybe a different 3rd party task scheduler that is verified to work in this case?

:)

BryanMohr, Aug 24, 2015

2. Windows 10 Task Scheduler not finding Admin

I've got 2 users on one machine. One "Standard" user and one "Administrator". They both log in fine. The Admin user has a password assigned, the Standard user does not. I am trying to run a program that requires elevated access on logon of the Standard
    user. So while logged into the Standard user account, I open Task Scheduler and set all the specifics, including the "Run with highest privileges" checkbox. Then I click OK, select the Admin user to run as, and enter the password. Task Scheduler always says
    that either the user is unknown (how it could be unknown, I don't know since I selected it from the dropdown) or the password is incorrect, which it definitely is not. Can anyone else confirm that this does or does not work on their machine? Is there a workaround?
    Maybe a different 3rd party task scheduler that is verified to work in this case?

Bryan Mohr, Aug 24, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Task Scheduler not finding Admin

@Deepika ... did you have any further suggestions on this? I have found a workaround, but I am not happy to use it as I am now calling the exe through a "Runas" with the "/savecred" option. So this solution is not secure, but it does work.

Bryan Mohr, Aug 24, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Task Scheduler not finding Admin

1. Windows 10 Task Scheduler not finding Admin - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler finding

2. task scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
    task scheduler: HI all How can I make my email receive a notification when my PC restart on Win 10 64x ? Example I have a pc when it shutdown or restart its make a problems with me how can I make this pc send an email to me when the PC restarted ?...
  3. task scheduler

task scheduler: ok so my housemate accessed my computer while i was outside hanging wash and tried to blame my cat for it but anyways i don't know what he did but it keeps creating a txt document with notepad on my laptops desktop with pre arranged wording already in it repeating the same...
  4. Task Scheduler

Task Scheduler: I was searching for XAMPP local server to auto run at windows startup. I found a YouTube video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYeGxcWdAUI , I followed the instructions Everything worked fine until at the end of a popup for password Other than my MS email account and...
  5. Windows Task Scheduler

Windows Task Scheduler: Hello, I am using Task Scheduler on idle mode action to execute an application written in Visual Basic. When the computer exits idle mode the application is closed. My question is how does the Task Scheduler close applications because my code in the closing event handler...
  6. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: At one time I was showed how to set an alarm using Task scheduler. It worked great when I was using Windows 7. Since I have upgraded to Windows 10, it doesn't work anymore. I put in the scheduler the same words but when it is time to go, a pop up comes and asks "what...
  7. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task Scheduler: Will this work without username password logging on? In windows7 you had to have password to make it work. 35020
  8. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler: I have created a task that will run once every night 01:00 on my Windows machine. It worked OK before upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Now it doesn't. When I try to run it manually from Task Scheduler following error occurs: Task Scheduler service is not available. Task...
  9. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler: Does anyone know how often the app update task schedule runs? And how to change it? I have auto app updates switched off but I know the update checker still runs. As I will sometimes open store and see app updates waiting to be manually downloaded. I'm not saying the above...
  10. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: I have set up a scheduled task called its time and every time I try to run it here is what comes up. I am using Win 10 and have plenty of ram 12GB. Here is message in attachment. Please help. It has worked in past with Win7. But no go in Win10?? [img] I'm not sure I did...