Windows 10: Windows 10 Task Scheduler not finding Admin

Discus and support Windows 10 Task Scheduler not finding Admin in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've got 2 users on one machine. One "Standard" user and one "Administrator". They both log in fine. The Admin user has a password assigned, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BryanMohr, Aug 24, 2015.

1. BryanMohr Win User

Windows 10 Task Scheduler not finding Admin

I've got 2 users on one machine. One "Standard" user and one "Administrator". They both log in fine. The Admin user has a password assigned, the Standard user does not. I am trying to run a program that requires elevated access on logon of the Standard user. So while logged into the Standard user account, I open Task Scheduler and set all the specifics, including the "Run with highest privileges" checkbox. Then I click OK, select the Admin user to run as, and enter the password. Task Scheduler always says that either the user is unknown (how it could be unknown, I don't know since I selected it from the dropdown) or the password is incorrect, which it definitely is not. Can anyone else confirm that this does or does not work on their machine? Is there a workaround? Maybe a different 3rd party task scheduler that is verified to work in this case?

:)

BryanMohr, Aug 24, 2015

2. Windows 10 Task Scheduler not finding Admin

I've got 2 users on one machine. One "Standard" user and one "Administrator". They both log in fine. The Admin user has a password assigned, the Standard user does not. I am trying to run a program that requires elevated access on logon of the Standard
    user. So while logged into the Standard user account, I open Task Scheduler and set all the specifics, including the "Run with highest privileges" checkbox. Then I click OK, select the Admin user to run as, and enter the password. Task Scheduler always says
    that either the user is unknown (how it could be unknown, I don't know since I selected it from the dropdown) or the password is incorrect, which it definitely is not. Can anyone else confirm that this does or does not work on their machine? Is there a workaround?
    Maybe a different 3rd party task scheduler that is verified to work in this case?

Bryan Mohr, Aug 24, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Task Scheduler not finding Admin

@Deepika ... did you have any further suggestions on this? I have found a workaround, but I am not happy to use it as I am now calling the exe through a "Runas" with the "/savecred" option. So this solution is not secure, but it does work.

Bryan Mohr, Aug 24, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Task Scheduler not finding Admin

1. Windows 10 Task Scheduler not finding Admin - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler finding

2. Task Scheduler in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Scheduler in Windows 10: I am having an issue with Task Scheduler in Windows 10. Some of the scheduled tasks are not triggering at the assigned frequency. The tasks move files and reports generated by MS Access to another folder on the network. The tasks that kick off the Access reports seem to be...
  3. Admin Account "Incomplete" Permissions with Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Admin Account "Incomplete" Permissions with Task Scheduler: I have a bizarre problem, and here are some basic facts: Computer: HP laptop, originally purchased with 64-bit Windows 10 Home Current OS: 64-bit Windows 10 Pro - upgraded after the initial purchase upgrade, not a fresh install I am the administrator on the computer, and...
  4. Scheduled Tasks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scheduled Tasks: I have found working with computers for the past 30 years that they don't make mistakes. Or if they do, they make them consistently. That being said, I use Scheduled Tasks and Robocopy to backup to different drives on the same, and different computers on the same network....
  5. Windows 10 Task Scheduler

Windows 10 Task Scheduler: Whenever we create an yearly/monthly job thru Task Scheduler, we need to set the start date of the job, prior to the current year/month Trigger date irrespective of Implementation date of the new job. For Eg. Implementation date of the new job : Jan 17 2020 the day...
  6. Can't modify Task Scheduler for UpdateOrchestrator even as Admin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't modify Task Scheduler for UpdateOrchestrator even as Admin: I also seem am unable to run File Explorer as Admin, even though my user Account is an Administrator and belongs to the Administrators group. I have also enabled and logged in as the built-in local system Admin, and receive the same error message about not having rights to...
  7. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: I have a relatively new install of Windows 10. I installed a new SSD and installed from scratch and then reinstalled all my software. I created some scheduled tasks, just 4 simple copy and paste tasks that I use for backing up. I've recently had to reinstall from scratch my...
  8. Windows Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Task Scheduler: I'm trying to set up a task on the task scheduler to run one or two other applications when one application is started. I want to be able to open one app and have the rest auto run instead of manually opening each one. I tried to set up the task to run at an event (startup of...
  9. Windows Task Scheduler

Windows Task Scheduler: Hello, I am using Task Scheduler on idle mode action to execute an application written in Visual Basic. When the computer exits idle mode the application is closed. My question is how does the Task Scheduler close applications because my code in the closing event handler...
  10. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler: I have created a task that will run once every night 01:00 on my Windows machine. It worked OK before upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Now it doesn't. When I try to run it manually from Task Scheduler following error occurs: Task Scheduler service is not available. Task...