Windows 10: Windows 10 Task Scheduler not finding Admin

Discus and support Windows 10 Task Scheduler not finding Admin in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've got 2 users on one machine. One "Standard" user and one "Administrator". They both log in fine. The Admin user has a password assigned, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BryanMohr, Aug 24, 2015.

1. BryanMohr Win User

Windows 10 Task Scheduler not finding Admin

I've got 2 users on one machine. One "Standard" user and one "Administrator". They both log in fine. The Admin user has a password assigned, the Standard user does not. I am trying to run a program that requires elevated access on logon of the Standard user. So while logged into the Standard user account, I open Task Scheduler and set all the specifics, including the "Run with highest privileges" checkbox. Then I click OK, select the Admin user to run as, and enter the password. Task Scheduler always says that either the user is unknown (how it could be unknown, I don't know since I selected it from the dropdown) or the password is incorrect, which it definitely is not. Can anyone else confirm that this does or does not work on their machine? Is there a workaround? Maybe a different 3rd party task scheduler that is verified to work in this case?

:)

BryanMohr, Aug 24, 2015

2. Windows 10 Task Scheduler not finding Admin

I've got 2 users on one machine. One "Standard" user and one "Administrator". They both log in fine. The Admin user has a password assigned, the Standard user does not. I am trying to run a program that requires elevated access on logon of the Standard
    user. So while logged into the Standard user account, I open Task Scheduler and set all the specifics, including the "Run with highest privileges" checkbox. Then I click OK, select the Admin user to run as, and enter the password. Task Scheduler always says
    that either the user is unknown (how it could be unknown, I don't know since I selected it from the dropdown) or the password is incorrect, which it definitely is not. Can anyone else confirm that this does or does not work on their machine? Is there a workaround?
    Maybe a different 3rd party task scheduler that is verified to work in this case?

Bryan Mohr, Aug 24, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Task Scheduler not finding Admin

@Deepika ... did you have any further suggestions on this? I have found a workaround, but I am not happy to use it as I am now calling the exe through a "Runas" with the "/savecred" option. So this solution is not secure, but it does work.

Bryan Mohr, Aug 24, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Task Scheduler not finding Admin

1. Windows 10 Task Scheduler not finding Admin - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler finding

2. Task Scheduler - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler - Windows 10: I am working with the task scheduler in Windows 10, to launch shutdown.exe after two hours of idle time. I have it set up and it works for 10 minutes which I tested this first. I changed the time to two hours, and it still acts like it is set to 10 minutes. Any ideas? I have...
  3. Task Scheduler - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler - Windows 10: I am working with the task scheduler in Windows 10, to launch shutdown.exe after two hours of idle time. I have it set up and it works for 10 minutes which I tested this first. I changed the time to two hours, and it still acts like it is set to 10 minutes. Any ideas? I have...
  4. Task Scheduler - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Task scheduler asking users for admin credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task scheduler asking users for admin credentials: I'm a system administrator and have an application .exe that I need to run when a standard user logs in, but with elevation. I have tried doing this with both Powershell and the Windows Task Scheduler using tips I've found online, however when I log in as a standard user I...
  6. Task scheduler asking users for admin credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task scheduler asking users for admin credentials: I'm a system administrator and have an application .exe that I need to run when a standard user logs in, but with elevation. I have tried doing this with both Powershell and the Windows Task Scheduler using tips I've found online, however when I log in as a standard user I...
  7. How to delay a Scheduled Task in Windows 10 Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 News
    How to delay a Scheduled Task in Windows 10 Task Scheduler: [ATTACH]People who use their Windows 10 computer as a professional resort must know what an important role the Task Scheduler can play. Deploying your efforts in work may require you to perform certain tasks daily, and you can create and automate these tasks with the help of...
  8. Task Scheduler in Windows 10

Task Scheduler in Windows 10: I am having an issue with Task Scheduler in Windows 10. Some of the scheduled tasks are not triggering at the assigned frequency. The tasks move files and reports generated by MS Access to another folder on the network. The tasks that kick off the Access reports seem to be...
  9. Admin Account "Incomplete" Permissions with Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Admin Account "Incomplete" Permissions with Task Scheduler: I have a bizarre problem, and here are some basic facts: Computer: HP laptop, originally purchased with 64-bit Windows 10 Home Current OS: 64-bit Windows 10 Pro - upgraded after the initial purchase upgrade, not a fresh install I am the administrator on the computer, and...
  10. Windows 10 Task Scheduler

Windows 10 Task Scheduler: Whenever we create an yearly/monthly job thru Task Scheduler, we need to set the start date of the job, prior to the current year/month Trigger date irrespective of Implementation date of the new job. For Eg. Implementation date of the new job : Jan 17 2020 the day...