Windows 10: Windows 10 Task Scheduler Open File Within File

Discus and support Windows 10 Task Scheduler Open File Within File in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what to enter in Program/Scripts & Add Arguments in Task Scheduler that would allow me to open a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cpmaster, May 16, 2020.

1. cpmaster Win User

Windows 10 Task Scheduler Open File Within File

Hello. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what to enter in Program/Scripts & Add Arguments in Task Scheduler that would allow me to open a "Notepad" file named "TEST1" that is in a desktop Folder named "TEST". I've tried it all and nothing works. Thank you.

:)

cpmaster, May 16, 2020
  2. jgunning Win User

Task Scheduler Batch file

Hi all,

Looking for some help.Im creating a batch file to run for different users to add a scheduled task. HOWEVER - the whole thing works great and has done for some time.But after i run the batch file on each machine (different users) i have to go into the security options and change the user the task runs in to the unique user of that machine. Is there a way to use the batch file to pull the account name of the machine (or computer name) and use that as the user the task runs in?

Thanks =)

jgunning, May 16, 2020
  3. RealTemp log file location when RealTemp started as scheduled task

When I start RealTemp manually, the RealTemp log file location seems to default to the folder in which the application is started.

When I started via a scheduled task, to start automatically when my laptop resumes from sleep, no log file appeared to be created.

The support team provided the answer, which is as follows:-

The problem is that when you use the Task Scheduler to start up RealTemp, when RealTemp asks Windows for the RealTemp folder location, Windows replies with a sub folder in C:\Windows. Same Windows function but it gives different answers depending on how RealTemp is started.

If you open up C:\Windows in File Explorer and do a search for RealTempLog.* ; you will find the log file in a subfolder, in my case C:\Windows\SysWOW64. The actual folder may vary with your version of Windows.

David Moors, May 16, 2020
  4. oemSoft Win User

[SOLVED] Schedule Tasks not able to open excel file

When I setup a scheduled task within window 7, it works fine and open an excel file, but when I do the same setting under window 10, it can open excel application, but not able to open excel file.

I have double checked on both PC and confirm those scheduled settings are correct.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what wrong setting is?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Original post for Excel Forum:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...cel-file/73bec2ad-e3e9-43c6-bfb0-985c1645a9d3

oemSoft, May 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Task Scheduler Open File Within File - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler Open

2. How to run an EXE within Task Scheduler on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run an EXE within Task Scheduler on Windows 10?: I have an Application, an EXE, that would close a single window of File Explorer every time it runs, however, setting Task Scheduler to run it, it does not run, It remains within "Running" indefinitely without actually running the exe.A solution is to set the task to "Run...
  3. How to run an EXE within Task Scheduler on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to run an EXE within Task Scheduler on Windows 10?: I have an Application, an EXE, that would close a single window of File Explorer every time it runs, however, setting Task Scheduler to run it, it does not run, It remains within "Running" indefinitely without actually running the exe.A solution is to set the task to "Run...
  4. How to run an EXE within Task Scheduler on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Task Scheduler "Windows cannot find the specified file" when opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler "Windows cannot find the specified file" when opening: Can't upload screenshot of the problemno i also can't upgrade to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-scheduler-windows-cannot-find-the-specified/d477acde-b1cf-48b4-8c4f-d7039e9e1cf3
  6. Task Scheduler "Windows cannot find the specified file" when opening

Task Scheduler "Windows cannot find the specified file" when opening: Can't upload screenshot of the problemno i also can't upgrade to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-scheduler-windows-cannot-find-the-specified/d477acde-b1cf-48b4-8c4f-d7039e9e1cf3
  7. Task Scheduler - Batch File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler - Batch File: I am attempting to use Task Scheduler to run a batch file automatically every day. I am following instructions that I found on the Web. As far as I can tell I have set up Task Scheduler correctly, the only problem being that it doesn't run! I have uploaded screenshots of the...
  8. Task Scheduler - Batch File

Task Scheduler - Batch File: I am attempting to use Task Scheduler to run a batch file automatically every day. I am following instructions that I found on the Web. As far as I can tell I have set up Task Scheduler correctly, the only problem being that it doesn't run! I have uploaded screenshots of the...
  9. Schedule Tasks not able to open excel file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Schedule Tasks not able to open excel file: When I setup a scheduled task within window 7, it works fine and open an excel file, but when I do the same setting under window 10, it can open excel application, but not able to open excel file. I have double checked on both PC and confirm those scheduled settings are...
  10. file save & task scheduler

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file save & task scheduler: I save my backup files on a separate PC which I am using for storage of pictures . how can I setup the task scheduler on my main PC to start my 2nd PC to backup my files, and after 30minutes using the task scheduler on PC 2 to ask if I wanted to turn of the PC? can any one...