Windows 10: Windows 10 Task Scheduler Security Changes Vs Windows 7

Discus and support Windows 10 Task Scheduler Security Changes Vs Windows 7 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Greetings, I currently have a Windows 7 solution applied to 1000+ laptop computers that allows a standard user to call devcon.exe to remove a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BrandonEchols, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Task Scheduler Security Changes Vs Windows 7

Greetings,

I currently have a Windows 7 solution applied to 1000+ laptop computers that allows a standard user to call devcon.exe to remove a specific device (by device ID) and rescan device manager for new hardware, allowing them to resolve unspecified device/printer issues. For the users, all the have to do is click a shortcut on their desktop. Behind the scenes, the shortcut is calling a scheduled tasks running with SYSTEM permissions that calls a Windows Powershell script. The script calls devcon.exe to remove a specific printer by device ID and then rescans.

In Windows 7, scheduled tasks using accounts with elevated permissions can be used to allow standard users to complete administrative functions, when needed and designed by the administrator.

We're cutting over these computers to Windows 10 and it it appears that standard users can not see any of the tasks running with elevated permissions or with specific accounts (like SYSTEM), they therefore can't be called to run specific things designed by administrators. I can't find any other way to work around this issue for 1000+ users due to Windows 10 security changes. In this instance, I need standard users to be able to complete this function without having to call me or other administrators at all hours of the day and night.

What options are there with Windows 10 for something like this? Was this an intentional move by Microsoft, or a bug? I'd really like to see this functionality restored, you're making managing computers very difficult...

:)

BrandonEchols, Apr 25, 2019

2. Windows 7 Club

How do I disable the Experience/Assessment Index tool?

If you want to disable winSAT.exe then do the following:

Step 1. Go to Task Scheduler. You simply type it in the search box.
    Step 2. Browse to Microsoft\Windows\Maintenance by clicking on the arrow for Task Scheduler Library folder with the clock on it.
    Step 3. Disable the task named WinSAT. Which is found to the right in a small boxed window. Right click on the word WinSAT and select disable.

As for the changing desktop if you want to prevent it from shuffling do the following:
    -right click on desktop
    -click on Personalization
    -click on Desktop Background
    -Uncheck Shuffle

EastCoasthandle, Apr 25, 2019
  3. Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Apr 25, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Task Scheduler Security Changes Vs Windows 7

Task Scheduler no change possible

Hi Jay,

For us to isolate the issue with modifying task scheduler, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you create a new user profile,
    and check if the issue still persists.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Task Scheduler Security Changes Vs Windows 7

1. Windows 10 Task Scheduler Security Changes Vs Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler Security

2. Is it Safe to Change Security Options on Task Scheduler Task "BatteryStatusCheck"?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is it Safe to Change Security Options on Task Scheduler Task "BatteryStatusCheck"?: I have an HP Envy x360 laptop running Windows 10. Lately, my computer has been throwing up command prompt windows near the time when I start my computer up.I traced the problem down to a scheduled task called BatteryStatusCheck under HP Diagnostics. It is set to run at a...
  3. Is it Safe to Change Security Options on Task Scheduler Task "BatteryStatusCheck"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it Safe to Change Security Options on Task Scheduler Task "BatteryStatusCheck"?: I have an HP Envy x360 laptop running Windows 10. Lately, my computer has been throwing up command prompt windows near the time when I start my computer up.I traced the problem down to a scheduled task called BatteryStatusCheck under HP Diagnostics. It is set to run at a...
  4. Is it Safe to Change Security Options on Task Scheduler Task "BatteryStatusCheck"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Task Scheduler - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler - Windows 10: I am working with the task scheduler in Windows 10, to launch shutdown.exe after two hours of idle time. I have it set up and it works for 10 minutes which I tested this first. I changed the time to two hours, and it still acts like it is set to 10 minutes. Any ideas? I have...
  6. Task Scheduler - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler - Windows 10: I am working with the task scheduler in Windows 10, to launch shutdown.exe after two hours of idle time. I have it set up and it works for 10 minutes which I tested this first. I changed the time to two hours, and it still acts like it is set to 10 minutes. Any ideas? I have...
  7. Task Scheduler - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How to delay a Scheduled Task in Windows 10 Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 News
    How to delay a Scheduled Task in Windows 10 Task Scheduler: [ATTACH]People who use their Windows 10 computer as a professional resort must know what an important role the Task Scheduler can play. Deploying your efforts in work may require you to perform certain tasks daily, and you can create and automate these tasks with the help of...
  9. Task Scheduler in Windows 10

Task Scheduler in Windows 10: I am having an issue with Task Scheduler in Windows 10. Some of the scheduled tasks are not triggering at the assigned frequency. The tasks move files and reports generated by MS Access to another folder on the network. The tasks that kick off the Access reports seem to be...
  10. Windows 10 Task Scheduler

Windows 10 Task Scheduler: Whenever we create an yearly/monthly job thru Task Scheduler, we need to set the start date of the job, prior to the current year/month Trigger date irrespective of Implementation date of the new job. For Eg. Implementation date of the new job : Jan 17 2020 the day...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 task scheduler error code 0xe000000e

2. task scheduler windows 10 security

3. windows 10 task schedulr changes from windows 7

4. windows 10 task scheduler changes