Windows 10: Windows 10 Task Tray Bug

Discus and support Windows 10 Task Tray Bug in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm referring to the issues reported here in great detail:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohnAmzarkie, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Task Tray Bug

JohnAmzarkie, Apr 15, 2019
  2. skytrails Win User

desktop agent tray error message in windows 10

I tried the following suggestion. When I got to step 4, the list provided no checkmarks to uncheck and the icon for Desktop Agent Tray was a checkmark in a yellow circle. nothing happened when I clicked on the yellow circle with the checkmark. the title
    on the list was Desktop Agent Tray(2) Clicking on the title opened a title beneath the Desktop Agent Tray (2) which did not have the (2)

the publisher of both titles was CenturyLink Inc and the status for the entry with the (2) was enabled and the status of the other entry was blank. Changing the status to disabled did nothing. the Start up impact was listed as high. There was another
    entry under the two Desktop Agent Tray titles There was an icon then Dw20 with a high start up impact. No where was there a place to uncheck or delete. So far the box which lists the error disappears and there seems to be no problem. I just wonder why
    it is there,

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Desktop Tray Agent is a program used by Qwest to update their installer when setting up DSL (Digital Subscribers Line) based connections to computers. I suggest you to follow the steps below and check for the status:

• Press Windows key + R, type msconfig.
    • Go to Startup tab.
    • Click on Open Task Manager.
    • Uncheck Desktop Agent Tray from the list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

skytrails, Apr 15, 2019
  3. error windows 10 desktop agent tray has stopped working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Desktop Tray Agent is a program used by Qwest to update their installer when setting up DSL (Digital Subscribers Line) based connections to computers. I suggest you to follow the steps below and check for the status:

• Press Windows key + R, type msconfig.
    • Go to Startup tab.
    • Click on Open Task Manager.
    • Uncheck Desktop Agent Tray from the list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Task Tray Bug

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Task Tray Bug

1. Windows 10 Task Tray Bug - Similar Threads - Task Tray Bug

2. Windows 10 System Tray icons expand across task bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 System Tray icons expand across task bar: [ATTACH]I'm having an issue where a user logs in and the icons in the system tray that would normally be hidden in the overflow container are not being hidden. Also, the option to hide the icons is enabled but it is not hiding any of the icons in the system tray that are...
  3. System tray and task bar seem to be frozen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    System tray and task bar seem to be frozen.: All of the sudden, the buttons don't work anymore. The app store button opens it briefly and then shuts it down. Same with Microsoft Edge. The battery status button doesn't work, same with the date/clock button, the keyboard and windows ink buttons. And most important,...
  4. win 10 system audio icon in task tray not responding.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    win 10 system audio icon in task tray not responding.: lately, every once in a while my system audio icon in the task tray will not respond and I have to open the system volume adjust window to manage sound level. Sometimes a rebooy will wake it up, and sometimes it won't. Is there a fix for this. It started happening after a...
  5. Show Programs in System Tray in Task Switcher

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Show Programs in System Tray in Task Switcher: I am using Task Switcher with the Alt-Tab shortcut to switch between running programs. I have the program AIMP running and it is minimized to the system tray. I would like to be able to use the Alt-Tab shortcut to quickly re-open AIMP, but it appears that Task Switcher does...
  6. Tray Icon Question with Light theme..Found a BUG!

in Windows 10 Support
    Tray Icon Question with Light theme..Found a BUG!: Windows 10 19H1 18182 hey guys ! i would like the tray icon for windows explorer to be the same see attached.. in the dark theme photo both windows explorer is white the way its supposed to be.. in the light theme one is black and one is white but their both supposed to...
  7. Bug Report Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bug Report Task Manager: This bug was introduced in Windows 1809 (Redstone 5 Oct 2018 Update). The Task Manager reports total CPU use correctly, as is confirmed by the Resource Monitor. The Resource Monitor reports CPU usage by individual apps correctly but the Task Manager does not. Instead the Task...
  8. Missing Bluetooth Icon on Task/System Tray in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Bluetooth Icon on Task/System Tray in Windows 10: How do I restore my Bluetooth Icon? Recently had an update that "could not be completed" and ever since then, my Bluetooth icon seemed to have disappeared. I went into Devices & Printers and the settings for Bluetooth are not displayed. What do I need to do the get...
  9. Windows 10 Task Bar Search Bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Task Bar Search Bug: Windows 10 taskbar search does not work. The normal search, when you open up file explorer works perfectly. I am connected to the internet. I do not use Cortana. I have not registered the E-mail for Cortana. I have tried searching multiple files. It just doesn't work. I'm not...
  10. Task Manager App Name Bug ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager App Name Bug ?: Upgraded from 8.1, finished installing all W10 updates and I was looking in the App History tab in Task Manager and I saw this : [img] What the heck is that ? I need to say that I checked for updates in the Store App and it downloaded 2 updates for 2 unknown...