Windows 10: Windows 10 Task View: Showing a specific application on all VD's

Discus and support Windows 10 Task View: Showing a specific application on all VD's in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; HI I was wondering if anybody knew of a way to show a particular app on all virtual desktops. I have a password manager that interacts with any window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by trinsic, May 30, 2016.

1. trinsic Win User

Windows 10 Task View: Showing a specific application on all VD's

HI I was wondering if anybody knew of a way to show a particular app on all virtual desktops. I have a password manager that interacts with any window that requires a password and I dont want to have to move it every time I have a window that requires access to it. I like my applications separated into separate desktops as it is now, but a few applications I need to see on every desktop. Is there a way to do that?

:)

trinsic, May 30, 2016
  2. Kalyori Win User

Feature Request - More control over Task View (

Hi,

I really like the Task View (Windows Key + Tab) feature (which reminds me of Expose in Mac) however in its present state it isn't very useful to me. This is because when I use Task View there's usually 15-20 windows open, but most of them are minimized.
    It makes it difficult to switch between my active windows.

It'd be great if there were a few settings for this feature such as:

• Hotkey to show only open windows
    • Hotkey to show only minimized windows
    • Ability to preview a window in Task View in a larger size temporarily (in Mac you can tap spacebar to do this)
    • Hotkey to show only the windows of a specific application / current application in focus

Would love to see this added!

Kalyori, May 30, 2016
  3. DJHaslam Win User
    Virtual desktop skips when I don't want it to in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for answering. I had high hopes for your suggestion providing a solution, but alas, the behaviour continues.

I'm afraid it's very difficult to give further information about the issue as I can't recognise any particular pattern that triggers it happening, but here's an attempt:

• Do you see this behavior while using a browser in the new desktop (VD 2)? :
      No, it only happens from VD 1 back to VD 2.

• When do you observe this behavior (switching back to desktop 2)? Is it when you are using any specific application/program?:
      In VD 1 I am using Firefox. It tends to happen after I've been in VD 1 for about 30 seconds, and then at intervals of 2-3 minutes or so. Should I try a different browser? I'm reluctant to do so as I switched to Firefox because Chrome was crashing in
      Windows 10.
    Many thanks for your help.

DJHaslam, May 30, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

In Task View, right click on an application:

Windows 10 Task View: Showing a specific application on all  VD's [​IMG]

Edwin, May 30, 2016
  5. trinsic Win User
    Hi Thank you, the only options I have are move to and close when I right click on an application in task view. I Think I need to upgrade to the latest build and will try again.

trinsic, May 30, 2016
  6. trinsic Win User
    Hey are you on a preview build? whats your build version number? I do not see the show application on all desktops option on the latest build.

trinsic, May 30, 2016
  7. AndreTen Win User
    Yes, this is available in Insider Preview builds.

Not sure from which build. I'm on latest (14352) and it is here.

AndreTen, May 30, 2016
  8. trinsic Win User

Ok, yeah I figured out last night that this is a preview build thing. Im not on the preview builds, so I will have to wait. Thanks.

trinsic, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Task View: Showing a specific application on all VD's - Similar Threads - Task View Showing

2. Windows 10 task view

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 task view: Whenever use task view on windows 10, I usually have at most three tasks and switch between them with CTRL+WIN and arrow keys. But yesterday I was really tired and opened like 53 tasks because I was bored, and now every time I close one it does a mini screen refresh which...
  3. Windows Task View not showing live preview

Windows Task View not showing live preview: Hi I frequently use task view to watch multiple videos etc at once, by pressing Windows key + tab or swiping 3 fingers up on a laptop. This has usually always showed a live thumbnail of all my open screens at once. However, it has recently switched to only showing an...
  4. Windows 10 Task view

Windows 10 Task view: Labels are missing from all open windows in Task View. They have always displayed until today - now I do not know what each window is. Just happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-task-view/9d5ed804-d7ed-4aee-820e-3b1d619838a5
  5. Is there a way to show only one selected application in Task View?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to show only one selected application in Task View?: Let's say I only want to view Chrome windows in Task View because I know I'm only looking for a Chome window. Is there a way to do this? submitted by /u/goloquot [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikw941/is_there_a_way_to_show_only_one_selected/
  6. Specific PID not showing in Task Manager.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Specific PID not showing in Task Manager.: I'm investigating an issue with port 80 and have the pid number of the process using that port. But the pid number is not showing in task manager and all services from all users are shown. How can I locate the service using the pid? submitted by /u/Raspberryfx [link]...
  7. Windows 10 - Task View

Windows 10 - Task View: Windows 10 - Unable to clear files on Task View. Two calls to Geek Squad unsuccessful. Actually, after the last call, the names of the files accessed do not appear on the screen - just a blank box....
  8. Task View - Windows 10

Task View - Windows 10: Hi, Is there a way I can customize the keys for switching virtual desktops instead of using Window-Ctrl-Arrow? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view-windows-10/b0b581b6-1b55-4ef0-ae02-2f1849a236c5
  9. Open app in cmd in specific task view

in Windows 10 Support
    Open app in cmd in specific task view: I am trying to open apps in command line and I want it to open in a specific task view. Is this possible? 115524
  10. View All Automatic Maintenance Tasks in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View All Automatic Maintenance Tasks in Windows 10: How to: View All Automatic Maintenance Tasks in Windows 10 How to View All Automatic Maintenance Tasks in Windows 10 Maintenance activity refers to an application or process that helps maintain the health and performance of a Windows PC. Maintenance includes keeping...