Windows 10: Windows 10 taskbar and desktop missing

Discus and support Windows 10 taskbar and desktop missing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; after login there is a blackscreen with my mouse cursor with the help of Ctrl+shift+Esc i was able to open Task-Manager and Edge but i dont have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tadeus999, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Tadeus999 Win User

Windows 10 taskbar and desktop missing

after login there is a blackscreen with my mouse cursor with the help of Ctrl+shift+Esc i was able to open Task-Manager and Edge but i dont have a taskbar or desktop pls help

:)

Tadeus999, Jun 30, 2022

2. Windows 10 missing desktop files

Hi Adriane,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

• Did you do a clean installation of Windows or upgrade to Windows 10?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you can find your desktop files.

• Open This PC.
    • Double click on C: drive.
    • Open Users > double click on your user name.
    • Open Desktop and check if you can find missing files.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 30, 2022
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 30, 2022
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Windows 10 Taskbar icons missing/ not responding!

Hello Pasindu,

Windows 10 may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this taskbar issue. For us to assist you with this, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check, type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.

Meanwhile, we suggest that restart the Windows Explorer.exe to refresh your taskbar functionality by following the steps below:

• Open Task Manager
      by right clicking the taskbar.
    • Click More details at the bottom to expand the Task Manager window.
    • Under the Processes tab, look for Windows Explorer.
    • After selecting the Windows Explorer, click the Restart
      button at the bottom.
    • It may take a few seconds and things like your taskbar and Start menu may disappear momentarily, but when it restarts, things should behave better and you can exit Task Manager.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Jun 30, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 10 taskbar and desktop missing - Similar Threads - taskbar desktop missing

2. Windows 10 taskbar and desktop missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 taskbar and desktop missing: after login there is a blackscreen with my mouse cursor with the help of Ctrl+shift+Esc i was able to open Task-Manager and Edge but i dont have a taskbar or desktop pls help...
  3. Windows 10 taskbar and desktop missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 taskbar and desktop missing: after login there is a blackscreen with my mouse cursor with the help of Ctrl+shift+Esc i was able to open Task-Manager and Edge but i dont have a taskbar or desktop pls help...
  4. Windows 10 Desktop. Missing taskbar app icon problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Desktop. Missing taskbar app icon problem: I hope I can explain this problem adequately. On my Windows 10 laptop's Taskbar, I have pinned 6 frequently used apps. Four of those apps appear just fine. Two apps "Mail" and "Microsoft Store" are pinned and I can activate them, but they don't have icons. If I hover my mouse...
  5. How to fix Show desktop not working or missing in Windows 10 taskbar?

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix Show desktop not working or missing in Windows 10 taskbar?: [ATTACH]If the Show desktop button on the Windows 10 Taskbar is missing or not […] This article How to fix Show desktop not working or missing in Windows 10 taskbar? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Taskbar is missing in windows 10

Taskbar is missing in windows 10: I am not able to see taskbar on my laptop it is hidden or missing from the Windows 10 platform https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-is-missing-in-windows-10/ddddc34e-d35c-4f98-a210-2e71295bc3de
  7. Missing taskbar and Icons on desktop

Missing taskbar and Icons on desktop: Within the last week my desktop changed. I lost all links I had posted and lost the taskbar. What appeared is the display one used to get when clicking the WINDOWS icon, bottom left. New computer, Windows 10 32 bit. How do I remove the current dislay on desktop & restore...
  8. Windows 10 Taskbar and Desktop

Windows 10 Taskbar and Desktop: How do I increase the size of the icons on my task bar and how do I make my desktop slightly smaller as the end of the task bar to click for desktop is not accessible?...
  9. Desktop taskbar icons gone missing on Windows 10

Desktop taskbar icons gone missing on Windows 10: All my icons have been unpinned from the bottom of the desktop screen. Cannot get them back. any suggestions ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/desktop-taskbar-icons-gone-missing-on-windows-10/02ea6899-2cca-402d-8a41-26462b79556d
  10. Missing Desktop icons, taskbar icons changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Desktop icons, taskbar icons changed: This morning when I booted up my desktop, all of my icons on the desktop were missing, although the shortcut is still there and works. The icons in the taskbar now have a generic looking icon. Right clicking on the start menu no longer brings up the menu and when I go to file...