Windows 10: Windows 10 taskbar and Edge not working

Discus and support Windows 10 taskbar and Edge not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, On a Windows 10 1803, the taskbar and Edge are not working, in Windows log, there is an event 10001, DCOM -- Unable to start a DCOM Server:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GTA_doum, Sep 25, 2018.

1. GTA_doum Win User

Windows 10 taskbar and Edge not working

Hello,

On a Windows 10 1803, the taskbar and Edge are not working, in Windows log, there is an event 10001, DCOM

--

Unable to start a DCOM Server: Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_10.0.17134.112_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy!App as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:

"5"
    Happened while starting this command:
    "C:\Windows\SystemApps\ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\ShellExperienceHost.exe" -ServerName:App.AppXtk181tbxbce2qsex02s8tw7hfxa9xb3t.mca

--

Any way to fix this?

:)

GTA_doum, Sep 25, 2018

2. Windows Edge in Taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I'd be glad to help you.

I would like to inform you that, by design, it is not possible to open a new page, while right-clicking on the Edge icon on the Taskbar.

As Windows 10 is in developing stage, some of the features, apps and devices may not work as expected.

I would suggest you to leave a feedback in the feedback app. You may simply search for “Windows Feedback” from the search box, or give your feedbacks on Microsoft Edge browser.

Try to follow these steps, mentioned below, to do so:

• Click on More actions (...) option on right top end corner of Microsoft Edge browser.
    • Click on Send feedback tab in the More actions (...) Window, then select
      Problem with Browser and type your feedback in Tell us more Window.
    Hope this information helps you. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue, so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Pin Microsoft Edge to Taskbar

Hi,

It's possible that you're not able to pin Edge to the taskbar due to some corrupted system files. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is currently on your computer? To check, click
      Start, type winver, and press Enter.
    • Does this only happen to Edge? Have you tried pinning other apps to the taskbar?
    • What are all of the troubleshooting steps that you've done? Please list all of them so that we could move on to the next steps.

Yolvi Ell, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Windows 10 taskbar and Edge not working

Windows 10 Taskbar is not working and "fixes" don't fix it.

Hi Carole,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Taskbar on Windows 10. We will help you with resolving the issue.

Provide us the additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you press Alt+Tab keys from the keyboard to switch between the apps?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

As you said Taskbar is not working, and you will minimize all the opened apps to access the one you wish to from Taskbar. Be clear with how exactly you are trying to accessing the apps from Taskbar.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if you have enabled the Auto-hide option for Taskbar, if so try to disable and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties,
    • Under Taskbar tab, uncheck the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and brief description for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 taskbar and Edge not working

1. Windows 10 taskbar and Edge not working - Similar Threads - taskbar Edge working

2. Windows 10 taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 taskbar not working: I network reset my Pc and when it restarted I all of a sudden could type on the task bar, whenever I put my cursor over the taskbar the loading symbol would pop up and I can’t restart my PC as I can’t click on windows start to do so could anyone please help how to sort this...
  3. Windows 10 taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 taskbar not working: I network reset my Pc and when it restarted I all of a sudden could type on the task bar, whenever I put my cursor over the taskbar the loading symbol would pop up and I can’t restart my PC as I can’t click on windows start to do so could anyone please help how to sort this...
  4. Windows 10 taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 taskbar not working: My taskbar isn't responding at all, even start menu and Cortana search isn't even coming up when I click Is there anyway I can fix this? submitted by /u/Boonandboo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jq92lz/windows_10_taskbar_not_working/
  5. Windows 10 taskbar not working!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 taskbar not working!: Since the recent Windows updates early September, my taskbar is non-responsive. Particularly the notifications, date, time, volume and wifi keys. On googling the problem, it seems this has happened to others as well. I have tried restarting Windows Explorer and restarting...
  6. Windows 10 Taskbar not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Taskbar not working: Essentially, whenever I log into my account and scroll over the taskbar, the loading icon replaces my cursor until I scroll back off of the taskbar. After ~2 minutes of this, the loading icon goes away, but no part of the taskbar is functional; the cursor acts as if the...
  7. windows 10 MS Edge icon on taskbar

windows 10 MS Edge icon on taskbar: Windows 10...Edge shortcut is on the taskbar and functional when clicked...but there is no graphic image on it...it's just space on the bar. Opened Task Manager, under processes tab, scrolling down to and clicking on "Microsoft Edge - Shortcut (5)" lists 5 processes, three...
  8. Microsoft edge taskbar bug. Windows 10

Microsoft edge taskbar bug. Windows 10: Hello everybody. I have some kind of bug, I suppose. I cant pin or unpin Microsoft Edge's icon on the taskbar. I have tried system reboot, edge reset, drug and drop, pin and unpin with a "start" etc. At the moment there is empty icon on the taskbar; when I click on...
  9. Taskbar is Not Working in windows 10

Taskbar is Not Working in windows 10: Hi dear All Experts I have Windows 10 installed on my PC , But recently i faced a problem that Task Bar in My Windows is not working, And Also if I press the Windows key in my keyboard Start Menu doesn't appears, and on mouse also not working So why I am facing this...
  10. Windows 10 Edge Invisible on Taskbar

Windows 10 Edge Invisible on Taskbar: Hi, I recently started upgrading our Domain to Windows 10, once the machines were added and the correct Group Policies applied, Microsoft Edge is invisible on the taskbar. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge and taskbar not working

2. edge not in taskbar

3. windows 10 start button edge not working

4. Unable to start a DCOM Server: Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost,
  5. microsoft edge taskbar not working,
  6. edge icon taskbar right-click fail,
  7. edge icon on taskbar not working,
  8. microsoftedgewillnotworkwithtaskbar,
  9. taskbar not working with microsoft edge,
  10. taskbar on microsoft edge wont work,
  11. EDGE unpin icon in taskbar does not work,