Windows 10: Windows 10 taskbar and start menu background has some weird grain effect that I don't like

Discus and support Windows 10 taskbar and start menu background has some weird grain effect that I don't like in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I had this problem on one of my computers and then I synced my ms account and now I have it on both. Basically, the taskbar is not totally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/al3x_7788, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Windows 10 taskbar and start menu background has some weird grain effect that I don't like

So I had this problem on one of my computers and then I synced my ms account and now I have it on both. Basically, the taskbar is not totally transparent and has a weird grain effect. I would like to have a clearer background (no external applications) to restore my previous theme.

submitted by /u/al3x_7788
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/al3x_7788, Dec 18, 2020

2. Windows 10: Issues with Start Menu, background image, control panel settings command not working. Taskbar show on both the screen.

Hi Rex,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "I cannot use ms-settingsWindows 10 taskbar and start menu background has some weird grain effect that I don't like :personalization-background", have you tried to run the command in the Run box?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article and also try to change the background image.

Step 1: I recommend you to follow the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article about Start Menu issues and check if it helps.
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12385/windows-10-troubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Step 2: I suggest you to change the background image by following the steps below and check if it helps.
    1. Right click on Desktop screen.
    2. Then click on Personalize.
    3. Choose Background.
    4. Then try to change the background settings.

Step 3: I recommend you to make changes in the taskbar settings.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Settings.

3. Turn on Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10 performance, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 18, 2020
  3. Weird Sound Effect playing in the Background from time to time

Weird Sound Effect playing in the Background from time to time, Whenever I play a game or watch Netflix from time to time, I start to hear this weird sound effect sorta of like sci fi sound effect playing in the background (headset) and it hasn't happened
    before. I troubleshoot audio maybe even disable audio enhancements but nothing.

NapoleonBP_824, Dec 18, 2020
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Windows 10 taskbar and start menu background has some weird grain effect that I don't like

Start Menu background color customize

Hi,

You can change the background color of the the Start menu on Settings. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Select Colors.
    • Under Show color on Start, taskbar, and action center, switch the slider to
      On.
    • After switching the slider to On, you can now pick what color you want or you can click the
      Automatically pick an accent color from my background checkbox to make Windows pick the color that complements the color of your desktop background.
    Kindly share with us the result after you perform the steps above.

Argel Obm, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 taskbar and start menu background has some weird grain effect that I don't like

1. Windows 10 taskbar and start menu background has some weird grain effect that I don't like - Similar Threads - taskbar start menu

2. Start Menu/Taskbar/Settings Transparency Effect Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu/Taskbar/Settings Transparency Effect Not Working: I tried all the methods online, none of the regedit fixes don't work. The option is turned on in Color settings. For some reason, if I boot in safe mode the issue is solved. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  3. Start Menu/Taskbar/Settings Transparency Effect Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu/Taskbar/Settings Transparency Effect Not Working: I tried all the methods online, none of the regedit fixes don't work. The option is turned on in Color settings. For some reason, if I boot in safe mode the issue is solved. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  4. Start Menu/Taskbar/Settings Transparency Effect Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Weird black glitch on start menu and some apps in windows 10

Weird black glitch on start menu and some apps in windows 10: I recently built my pc and found some random glitch on the start menu and some appseg: windows photos app, Game hub. Is it just me or you guys have any solution for this? [ATTACH]...
  6. why is my taskbar like this? alt tabbing and start menu are also weird now

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    why is my taskbar like this? alt tabbing and start menu are also weird now: [IMG] submitted by /u/notchx1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j2mp1i/why_is_my_taskbar_like_this_alt_tabbing_and_start/
  7. Taskbar has acrylic effect, but start menu is 110% opaque.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar has acrylic effect, but start menu is 110% opaque.: I am trying to make the Start Menu acrylic, like the the taskbar, but for some reason I just can't. I've tried everything I could think: - Regedit (worked on the taskbar, but not on start menu); - Third party softwares (TransparentTB and Open-Shell), but instead making it...
  8. taskbar and start menu background turned white

taskbar and start menu background turned white: Hi, my taskbar and start menu background have both turned white since last update earlier in this month. I have tried right click on desktop, personalize, colors... but it doesn't give me the option to tick on the start, taskbar and action center box. Any ideas on how to get...
  9. Weird Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Start Menu: Hi Guys This is my first post so please be gentle with me. I've been a member for a while now and before making my first post i've used the search facility until i ran out of keywords to use and couldn't find anything similar to my problem. I have virtually no tiles...
  10. Windows Start Menu and Taskbar Don't Work

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Start Menu and Taskbar Don't Work: Hi, on occasion when I mouse over either the start bar or the taskbar it doesn't change colour like it usually does (the little blue background it changes to for instance) and it doesn't let me click on them. As well as this, it doesn't let me click on any window that isn't...