Windows 10: Windows 10 taskbar app icon not showing preview Taskbar Hover preview

Discus and support Windows 10 taskbar app icon not showing preview Taskbar Hover preview in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When i hover my mouse over a app on the taskbar like google which has over 1 window of it open it doesn't show previews for the multiple windows but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Liam Moroney, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Windows 10 taskbar app icon not showing preview Taskbar Hover preview

When i hover my mouse over a app on the taskbar like google which has over 1 window of it open it doesn't show previews for the multiple windows but when it has just 1 it shows the preview fine. It used to show all but now it doesn't. Any ideas how to fix this? Happens with all apps not just google

:)

Liam Moroney, Nov 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 taskbar app icon not showing preview (Taskbar Hover preview)

Hi,I found that when I hovered my mouse pointer over the app icons on taskbar. Windows didn't show a preview (a small window above the app icon) of the apps like it used to. I am wondering how to fix this?

thanks

Original title: Windows 10 taskbar app icon not showing preview

daiyueweng, Nov 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 taskbar app icon not showing preview (Taskbar Hover preview)

Hello Daiyue,

We regret for the inconvenience.

From the description provided, I understand that you are referring to Task bar hover preview as not working.

Now, to be able to assist you better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the edition of windows 10 installed in your computer? Home or Pro?
    • Is it an abrupt issue? Do you have any System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?
    • Did you check if the issue still persists, when you login to Windows using a different user account?

Now, if you are using Windows 10 Pro, you may also try to enable or disable the thumbnail preview using group policy editor in Windows.
    Follow the steps to do so:
    a) Press Windows and R key together to open the run box.

b) Type “gpedit.msc” in the box and hit Enter.

c) Now, navigate to User Configuration, Administrative Templates, and
    Start Menu and Taskbar in left pan of Group Policy Editor.

d) Locate “Turn off Taskbar Thumbnails” in right pane of Group policy editor and double click on it.

e) Select Disable and click on Apply and then on
    OK.

Check if you are able to view the images.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 17, 2020
  4. DRDNA Win User

Windows 10 taskbar app icon not showing preview Taskbar Hover preview

Video Thumbnail on Taskbar

The feature is called Taskbar preview and is not supposed to remain open after you remove the cursor from the icon. So it is working proper when it closes preview once the cursor is removed from the Taskbar icon.

EDIT: I have seen Taskbar preview stick and stay open before myself even after the cursor has been removed but that not suppose to happen and I don't know for sure why it happens in the first place but I'm guessing it has to do with memory running low .....

DRDNA, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 taskbar app icon not showing preview Taskbar Hover preview

1. Windows 10 taskbar app icon not showing preview Taskbar Hover preview - Similar Threads - taskbar app icon

2. my taskbar icons are not showing preview when i hover over them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my taskbar icons are not showing preview when i hover over them: hello,my taskbar icons have stopped showing the preview when i hover over them the little window that is normally displayedcan anybody please assist me...
  3. my taskbar icons are not showing preview when i hover over them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my taskbar icons are not showing preview when i hover over them: hello,my taskbar icons have stopped showing the preview when i hover over them the little window that is normally displayedcan anybody please assist me...
  4. my taskbar icons are not showing preview when i hover over them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Taskbar thumbnail hover preview not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar thumbnail hover preview not showing: So today when i hovered over a window with two tabs it is no longer showing me the thumbnail preview. What is going on please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-thumbnail-hover-preview-not-showing/8dde1ed5-e2c1-4304-9de1-b349d2f597a3
  6. Preview of the Taskbar Apps

Preview of the Taskbar Apps: [IMG] I do not kno the reason why it has changed to this style. I have done some settings related but result is same, is there any option to handle this issue?...
  7. TaskBar Windows Preview Not Showing

TaskBar Windows Preview Not Showing: Hi. Does any1 has the same problem as me where the preview of the windows where my cursor is at is not showing. Even on systems apps it still now showing like Settings. Thxx [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. No preview in taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No preview in taskbar: When I have more than one window of one application running, it no longer shows the preview when I hover the cursor over the taskbar. I have no idea why it changed but I would like to see the previews again. How can I change it back? Here are screenshots that show what I...
  9. Why apps in taskbar not showing preview ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why apps in taskbar not showing preview ?: What i mean is when i move the mouse cursor over an app window in taskbar if it's a game in the passed i saw the game running/playing in the small window of the app or if it's a program. Now i need to click on it and enter to it to see what is going on with it. Now the...
  10. taskbar preview

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar preview: I've been using my taskbar to hover over the icon for a preview of an open window. Then when I hover over the actual preview, I was getting a screen size view of the window that I could read. Somehow I lost that function. I can still hover over the icon and get a small...