Windows 10: Windows 10 taskbar: App icons on both monitors

Discus and support Windows 10 taskbar: App icons on both monitors in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, I recently added a second monitor to my Win 10 PC. I have attached a number of apps to the taskbar as can be seen in the image I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by deepsky, Jan 11, 2018.

1. deepsky Win User

Windows 10 taskbar: App icons on both monitors

Hi there,

I recently added a second monitor to my Win 10 PC. I have attached a number of apps to the taskbar as can be seen in the image I attached.

Does anyone know how to extend the symbols also into the taskbar on the right monitor? I would like to have the symbols continuously flowing into the right taskbar if the left one is full.

Thanks for all replies!

:)

deepsky, Jan 11, 2018

2. Pin To Taskbar with multiple monitors does not work - can only pin to primary monitor

Hi Navneet,

I performed the steps with no errors and rebooted. Results are the same.

Perhaps I should try to clarify the issue a bit.

Current setup:

- Windows 10 Pro with Quad monitor setup

* Xeon E3-1276 @3,60GHz, 20GB RAM

* Dual nVidia Quadro K620 video cards (4 monitors)

- Under Taskbar and Start Menu Properties, I have the following setting:

* Show taskbar on all displays

* Show taskbar buttons on: Taskbar where window is open

* Buttons on other taskbars: Always combine, hide labels

I will use IE as the example here. By default, IE is pinned to the taskbar on the primary monitor/display.

On the primary monitor taskbar, if you right-click on IE the option "Unpin this program from the taskbar" is present.

Likewise, if I unpin IE from here (primary monitor) and re-open IE, I can right-click on the taskbar icon and select "Pin this program to the taskbar".

If IE is pinned to the taskbar and I move the open IE window to another monitor, here is what happens:

The IE taskbar icon is now present on BOTH the primary monitor and secondary monitor, even though the IE window is open only on the secondary monitor.

When right-click on the IE icon in the secondary monitor, there are no unpin or pin options available - those options are present ONLY on the primary monitor.

If you close and reopen IE from the primary monitor taskbar icon, it will reopen to the monitor it was last on (secondary in this example), but that is not the issue for me; taskbar icon location is the problem.

Similarly, if any application is opened on another screen, it must be move to the primary monitor to be able to pin it to the taskbar.

This was not the case in Windows 8.x - applications could be pinned to any (specific) monitor taskbar and appeared only on the monitor to which it was pinned.

So if I have, say, 20 taskbar items pinned - I cannot have 5 on each respective monitor;

they can only be "pinned" to the primary monitor, thus filling the taskbar. Far from ideal...

Evan Leonard, Jan 11, 2018
  3. Warachnid Win User
    Windows 10 - Taskbar Application Icon Issues

I've been having this problem ever since I got my second monitor (which works fine, by the way.)

Essentially, the monitor that I have set to default (in the NVIDIA Control Panel), has all the taskbar application icons. For example, if I were to pin an application the taskbar, all taskbar icons would only appear on that specific monitor.

My second monitor, though, on the left, will for some reason not display taskbar icons unless that specific application (or window) is running or open while on that monitor.

https://i.imgur.com/ZCVhlfV.jpg

What I need help with is a way to make it so that all taskbar icons are identical on both monitors, regardless of whether the application(s) are open/running or not. I want to be able to pin an item to the taskbar and have it appear on both monitors.

I hope there's a solution because it was originally this way when I first got the monitor. Cheers!

Just in case, here are my specs:

- GTX 1080 8GB

- I7-7700 (3.6Ghz)

- 16GB DDR4 2400mhz memory

- Whatever the Alienware motherboard is... it's relatively new so probably up-to-date. (Alienware Aurora R6)

Warachnid, Jan 11, 2018
  4. clam1952 Win User

Not sure if you can extend to the other display however Right Click on Taskbar > Taskbar Settings > Multiple Displays > Should be pretty obvious then from the available options.

clam1952, Jan 11, 2018
  5. Doesn't work that way, would be a nice option, but you currently can't do that. The only way you may be able to accomplish that is with NVidia Surround where multiple monitors are configured as one big monitor, I don't know what the AMD equivalent of it is? Or with a third party program. Natively in Windows your only option is Main Taskbar, or Main taskbar and. The "and" and "all" options just duplicates what's on your main taskbar.

alphanumeric, Jan 11, 2018
  6. deepsky Win User
    Ok, still thank you for the replies!

deepsky, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 taskbar: App icons on both monitors - Similar Threads - taskbar App icons

2. Windows 11 Taskbar on Both Monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar on Both Monitors: Hi,So I just upgraded to Windows 11 and I'm trying to get the taskbar to show up on both of my monitors. Currently it is only showing up on the main monitor. I've seen videos that shows I'm supposed to have access to the Taskbar Behaviors in order to turn it on/off, but when...
  3. Windows 11 Taskbar on Both Monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Taskbar on Both Monitors: Hi,So I just upgraded to Windows 11 and I'm trying to get the taskbar to show up on both of my monitors. Currently it is only showing up on the main monitor. I've seen videos that shows I'm supposed to have access to the Taskbar Behaviors in order to turn it on/off, but when...
  4. Taskbar app icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar app icon: When I hover over an app icon on the taskbar, a small window appears above the icon. When I move the cursor over the small window it use to enlarge the window to full screen. It stopped doing this. Is there a setting to restore this feature?...
  5. Anyway to get volume icon on taskbars of both monitors?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyway to get volume icon on taskbars of both monitors?: Recently got a second monitor, and I was wondering is there a way to add volume icon that is on your main monitor taskbar to both monitors? I google before posting and there seems to be no way doing it natively in windows, is this still the case? Also people recommended...
  6. Tray icons in both monitors ?

Tray icons in both monitors ?: Im using 2 monitors, is there a way to have tray icons on both monitors, the 2nd monitor shows only the date and time. submitted by /u/smamx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iwx7l9/tray_icons_in_both_monitors/
  7. APP ICONS TASKBAR

APP ICONS TASKBAR: HOW DO I DOWNLOAD APP ICONS AND PUT THEM ON TASK I DONT HAVE THE ICONS I WANT TO PUT ON BUT I HAVE TO APPS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-icons-taskbar/3d9a7faa-0031-417f-bc45-466dac249614
  8. System icons on both taskbars on two monitor setup?

System icons on both taskbars on two monitor setup?: I can't figure out how (or if I even can) to have the system icons show up on my second monitor too, all I have on the right is the time and date. I could really benefit having those on my second monitor since when playing games I have to win-tab and click on "view desktop"...
  9. Display taskbar icons on both monitors

Display taskbar icons on both monitors: Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to also display the taskbar icons on my second monitor in extend display mode. As you can see here is my main first monitor [ATTACH] And here is my second monitor[ATTACH] From what I read it's not possible to copy them on the...
  10. Windows 10 dual monitor: Taskbar icons open app dpd on screen

Windows 10 dual monitor: Taskbar icons open app dpd on screen: I have two monitors connected to my graphics card, let us call them Lefty and Righty. Righty is my main monitor. The BIOS messages appear there during startup, and when I start an application, it opens on Righty by default. I put several application icons on Righty's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get same application open on both screens windows 10

2. icons on both displays

3. can i have a taskbar on both dual monitors

4. taskbar monitor icon,
  5. show apps on both screens,
  6. add icons on second monitors taskbar windows 10,
  7. how to see apps in taskbar only on the present monitor,
  8. want to see my wifi icon on my second monitor,
  9. how to make pinned apps show on both screens,
  10. same icons on both screens,
  11. display apps on both display,