Windows 10: Windows 10 taskbar/apps go missing

Discus and support Windows 10 taskbar/apps go missing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; New to Windows 10 Home, just got it a month ago. Have been intermittently encountering following issue(s), and have not been able to find any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by huhhuh00, Jul 15, 2019.

1. huhhuh00 Win User

Windows 10 taskbar/apps go missing

New to Windows 10 Home, just got it a month ago. Have been intermittently encountering following issue(s), and have not been able to find any solution.

- Taskbar would go missing/disappear. However, it's not minimized or anything. If I press the Windows key, the Start menu will popup properly where you expect it to appear, but the 'Start' button and taskbar would be invisible, and I see the desktop where they should be instead. Restarting explorer.exe seems to fix this

- Sometimes, after issue above occurs, random applications would start getting 'minimized'/disappearing. They are still running, but their process cannot be seen in task manager. If I were playing a video using mpc.exe, I would still hear the audio, but I can't find the application/process in task manager. If I start a new instance of mpc.exe, it appears properly in task manager, but no other instance of mpc.exe would be listed. When this occurs, I would have to sign out/sign in again to get everything working again

- Sometimes, after both issues above occur, MULTIPLE applications would start to get minimized/disappear. When I try and open the taskbar, even the taskbar would get minimized and disappear! After a few seconds, both my displays would go black. I can still see and move my mouse, keyboard still functions, and if video/audio files were playing, they would STILL be playing. I just can't see anything beyond a black screen and my mouse cursor, or access the task manager (as it gets 'minimized'). Only recourse in this case would be to ctrl alt del, whereupon I would get to the blue lock screen, where I can either sign out or reboot

Am using Avast (free) and Spybot. Had assumed I had been infected, but scans show my system to be clean, and all issues above appear to be resolved after reboot or sign off/sign on. Issue happens intermittently, seemingly at random. Can go days without occurrence, or can occur few times within the hour. Extremely annoying when it DOES occur, as my OS is not running from an SSD, restart/sign in can take a while...

Have read that there is a Windows 10 bug where taskbar gets hidden, but does not appear to be the case here. Could not get taskbar to reappear after probing screen edges, and as described above, when pressing Windows key, Start menu appears normally, but I see the desktop where the taskbar should be instead. Also does not explain the other behavior described.

Appreciate any assistance regarding this, thanks.

:)

huhhuh00, Jul 15, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

App Icons Missing

Hi Donna,

Corrupted applications are the possible causes why your program icons are missing after an update. To isolate your issue, we'd like to clarify a few things:

• When you hover your mouse over your taskbar or Start menu, are you seeing the icons for your apps?
    • Have you tried searching for a specific app and check if it will appear on the search results?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you repair and reset your applications using the steps shared by Meliton Dec on this

thread
    about restoring missing apps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 15, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Blank icon on taskbar windows 10

Hi Jirad,

Corrupted system files or application may be one of the possible causes why some icons in your Taskbar is missing. To efficiently assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with the 3 apps you've mention or with other application also?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you tried to click those apps with missing icons in your Taskbar?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by Guru Khan G on this
    thread on how to troubleshoot missing Taskbar icons. This will also help you
    scan for corruption and restore corrupted files/Windows corruptions error.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 15, 2019
  4. Windows 10 taskbar/apps go missing

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 taskbar/apps go missing

1. Windows 10 taskbar/apps go missing - Similar Threads - taskbar apps missing

2. App Icons missing in Taskbar on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App Icons missing in Taskbar on Windows 11: Annoying issue when program logos aren't seen in windows 11 taskbar, tried restart and all suggestions, this issue resurfaces with regularity. bing search results should pull up something fresh and relevant to solve this issue .NET family!! * Moved from Insider...
  3. Apps going over the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps going over the taskbar: I have a question regarding the taskbar, the problem is that will slide over the taskbar this does not happen on my second monitor. Please if anybody knows how to fix this answer this question....
  4. Apps going over the taskbar

Apps going over the taskbar: I have a question regarding the taskbar, the problem is that will slide over the taskbar this does not happen on my second monitor. Please if anybody knows how to fix this answer this question....
  5. Windows 11 apps missing from the taskbar.

Windows 11 apps missing from the taskbar.: Recently, I installed Windows 11 and I noticed all the windows apps like settings, Microsoft Store, calculator, photos, paint and more are not showing in the taskbar. What I mean is that the apps are on the taskbar but the thumbnail is not showing in the taskbar....
  6. Windows 10 Desktop. Missing taskbar app icon problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Desktop. Missing taskbar app icon problem: I hope I can explain this problem adequately. On my Windows 10 laptop's Taskbar, I have pinned 6 frequently used apps. Four of those apps appear just fine. Two apps "Mail" and "Microsoft Store" are pinned and I can activate them, but they don't have icons. If I hover my mouse...
  7. Taskbar is missing in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar is missing in windows 10: I am not able to see taskbar on my laptop it is hidden or missing from the Windows 10 platform https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-is-missing-in-windows-10/ddddc34e-d35c-4f98-a210-2e71295bc3de
  8. windows store app missing from taskbar

windows store app missing from taskbar: The windows store app is missing from the taskbar and when I open "all apps" the box by "store" is blank. How do I load app for the store? 29894
  9. Missing App Icons on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing App Icons on Taskbar: No app icons will appear on the taskbar. They show fine in the Start menu, but are missing on the taskbar. It only includes apps, no installed programs are having this issue. This includes calculator, Edge, Xbox, etc. I tried rebuilding the icon cache from this tutorial, but...
  10. App ICON's missing in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    App ICON's missing in Taskbar: Hello all, I've been running Windows 10 for a year or so now.. I tend to run several (dozens) of applications at the same time, and to manage that, I would hover the mouse over the icons in the task bar to see which running application, I wanted to access. For example,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows is minimized but it doesnt reappear after pressing in the taskbar