Windows 10: Windows 10 taskbar badge notifications are not being displayed

Discus and support Windows 10 taskbar badge notifications are not being displayed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Even though I have "Show badges on taskbar buttons" enabled, I'm not seeing any badges. I don't have "Use small taskbar buttons" enabled, so that's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by zBernie, Nov 18, 2020.

1. zBernie Win User

Windows 10 taskbar badge notifications are not being displayed

Even though I have "Show badges on taskbar buttons" enabled, I'm not seeing any badges. I don't have "Use small taskbar buttons" enabled, so that's not the cause of the issue. I tried rebooting my computer but that didn't help. I'm using Windows version 2004.

What else can I try to get the badges working?

:)

zBernie, Nov 18, 2020

2. Taskbar Notifications Badges Are Coming To Windows Universal App

Taskbar Notifications Badges Are Coming To Windows Universal App

During a session at Build 2016, Microsoft revealed new features coming to Windows 10 via the upcoming Anniversary Update — chasable live tiles, adaptive notifications, an improved action center, and much more. One feature that wasn’t really talked about much but evident during the session was taskbar badging. As you can see in the image below, taskbar badging is for Universal Windows Platform apps and showcases a notification counter on the taskbar.

Source
    Taskbar Notification Badges are coming to Windows 10 Universal apps

hTconeM9user, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Display badges on taskbar icons

How can I change my settings to allow Outlook to show a badge on it's icon (in the taskbar) when I have unread messages? It should show a yellow envelope over the main icon for Outlook. This is different than the icon that can appear in the "notifications" area on the right side of the taskbar.

In Taskbar Settings, I have "Use small taskbar buttons" option turned OFF, and I have "Show badges on taskbar buttons" ON. Last week I had finally found a setting screen that allowed you turn on/off badges for each application individually. After setting it to 'on' for Outlook, these badges began displaying. However, for some reason this setting got reverted when I rebooted, and I can no longer find it.

Bernoulli Lizard, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Windows 10 taskbar badge notifications are not being displayed

Mail for Windows 10 notification on taskbar

This setting refers to the Badges on your taskbar. We recommend following these steps to resolve the issue:

• Open Windows 10 Settings and click on Personalization.
    • Once here, click on Taskbar in the left panel, and scroll down a bit until you see
      Show badges on taskbar buttons.
    • To enable showing of these badges, toggle the button to the ON
      position. But remember this will not work if you have enabled
      Small taskbar buttons

Let us know if you have further clarifications.

Regards.

Darian Tab, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 taskbar badge notifications are not being displayed

1. Windows 10 taskbar badge notifications are not being displayed - Similar Threads - taskbar badge notifications

2. Missing Taskbar Badges Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Taskbar Badges Windows 10: Having turned my PC on and allowing for it to boot-up, I notice that all of my "taskbar badges" have disappeared. i.e. they are no longer displayed. The only things displayed in the task bar are: The START button, Task View, Digital clock and the dd/mm/yyyy. It was fine...
  3. Missing Taskbar Badges Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Taskbar Badges Windows 10: Having turned my PC on and allowing for it to boot-up, I notice that all of my "taskbar badges" have disappeared. i.e. they are no longer displayed. The only things displayed in the task bar are: The START button, Task View, Digital clock and the dd/mm/yyyy. It was fine...
  4. Missing Taskbar Badges Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Custom Smaller Taskbar Size With Notification Badge

Custom Smaller Taskbar Size With Notification Badge: I've been using a smaller taskbar for a while now, and I changed it back to bigger and it's too big. I want to use a smaller taskbar. I know I can turn on small taskbar icons but that'll get rid of the notification badge or icons. I want the notification badge. Is there any...
  6. Windows Mail Taskbar icon badge stopped displaying

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail Taskbar icon badge stopped displaying: Windows 10 Home version 1909, fully updated. I just purchased a new Surface Laptop 3 three days ago and all of a sudden the Windows Mail taskbar icon stopped displaying the badge with the unread message count. I've already checked the obvious things in Settings and...
  7. Windows Mail Taskbar icon badge stopped displaying

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Mail Taskbar icon badge stopped displaying: Windows 10 Home version 1909, fully updated. I just purchased a new Surface Laptop 3 three days ago and all of a sudden the Windows Mail taskbar icon stopped displaying the badge with the unread message count. I've already checked the obvious things in Settings and...
  8. New notifications not being displayed.

New notifications not being displayed.: My notifications used to work fine Now the Action Center icon will say I have 16 new notifications. But when I click it, the window says no new notifications. How do I fix this?...
  9. What are Taskbar Badges

in Windows 10 Support
    What are Taskbar Badges: In Settings/Personalization/Taskbar there is a item called Show Badges on Taskbar Buttons. I have no idea what a badge is so I surely don't know whether are not I want to show them*Smile. Will someone please enlighten me? Thank you. 75582
  10. Taskbar Notifications Badges Are Coming To Windows Universal App

in Windows 10 News
    Taskbar Notifications Badges Are Coming To Windows Universal App: Taskbar Notifications Badges Are Coming To Windows Universal App During a session at Build 2016, Microsoft revealed new features coming to Windows 10 via the upcoming Anniversary Update — chasable live tiles, adaptive notifications, an improved action center, and much...