Windows 10: Windows 10 Taskbar below window

Discus and support Windows 10 Taskbar below window in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am looking to find a way to have a window in the forefront of my desktop and have its bounds extend over the taskbar... I have had this before in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OvertCriptik, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Taskbar below window

I am looking to find a way to have a window in the forefront of my desktop and have its bounds extend over the taskbar...

I have had this before in prior releases of windows 10 but it appears at some point someone must have thought this was a problem and patched it out or something I am not sure...

To clarify my use case, I have an Ultrawide monitor and I want the central part of my screen to be an application and have its bounds extend over the taskbar and conceal it, while outside of this area I would like it to still display the taskbar... I do this so I can still access my applications on the bottom left of my taskbar and see the time on the bottom right... I understand someone is going to suggest I just move the taskbar... which is always an option but I am looking to have my setup be the exact same as before...

To be clear on windows 10 1909 this was working as I have described above... but for some reason on windows 10 20H2 it is not functioning as I expect any longer... Thank you for any insight in advance

:)

OvertCriptik, Feb 4, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 4, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 4, 2021
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 Taskbar below window

Delta6326, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Taskbar below window

1. Windows 10 Taskbar below window - Similar Threads - Taskbar below window

2. Weird space below taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird space below taskbar: Hi! Not sure how to fix this or what exactly caused it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-space-below-taskbar/e02620d6-2fcd-4b97-9cd2-0c3ebd2920b8
  3. Weird space below taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird space below taskbar: Hi! Not sure how to fix this or what exactly caused it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-space-below-taskbar/e02620d6-2fcd-4b97-9cd2-0c3ebd2920b8
  4. Taskbar appears below open windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar appears below open windows: Here's a screenshot of the issue. Since I have edge opened using half of the screen that's why you can see it. But sometimes this happens with the app in fullscreen, which is quite frustrating bcuz I have to minimize the app to see the taskbar. I have taskbar auto-hide on...
  5. Taskbar appears below open windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar appears below open windows: Here's a screenshot of the issue. Since I have edge opened using half of the screen that's why you can see it. But sometimes this happens with the app in fullscreen, which is quite frustrating bcuz I have to minimize the app to see the taskbar. I have taskbar auto-hide on...
  6. Weird transparent space below taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird transparent space below taskbar: So in the past couple days I've had this odd issue where, at random, the bottom of my taskbar will look like this https://imgur.com/JQrUpg9 It prevents me from being able to see the white line indicating which programs I have open. I've looked at other posts on this subreddit...
  7. Bottom of serveral windows are below taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Bottom of serveral windows are below taskbar: I have my taskbar at the bottom of the screen. I don't seem to recall this always happening. However, lately I can open Chrome browser or Notepad, the bottom of the window may be behind the taskbar. When I drag a small window, it will stop at the taskbar. But when I open a...
  8. Windows 10 scaling below 100%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 scaling below 100%: I know there isn't any setting to change in control panel, but it must work with some registry keys I suppose? Did anyone made it work? Or if there is some other solution that imitates the result... Changing desktop icon size is easy, but everything else besides window...
  9. Purple line bottom of screen / below taskbar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Purple line bottom of screen / below taskbar: [IMG]Hi was hoping to find out why my screen has a purple line at the bottom. Sometimes it goes away after a couple of restarts. Would also appreciate if there is any advice on how to resolve this. Currently using surface pro 4, i5-6300U CPU @ 2.40GHz, Windows 10...
  10. Prevent windows from extending below the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent windows from extending below the taskbar: Whether I'm using a browser, or multiple Excel 2013 workbooks, it's common that their unmaximized window extends below the taskbar (without auto-retract) , making access to the window's scroll bar awkward. I can't count the times I've repositioned a browser window, only to...