Windows 10: Windows 10 taskbar changes even though locked

Discus and support Windows 10 taskbar changes even though locked in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've found a smattering of other people who have asked a similar question in the past, but have never been able to find a fix. I have my taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KStaffort, Jul 17, 2019.

1. KStaffort Win User

Windows 10 taskbar changes even though locked

I've found a smattering of other people who have asked a similar question in the past, but have never been able to find a fix.

I have my taskbar locked and set to a certain height (4 rows). It stays that way until I do any of the following:

• Restart the computer
    • Restart File Explorer
    • Connect/disconnect from my docking station

Then the taskbar spontaneously resizes to a different height (never the same height - it's random). Sometimes the taskbar is still locked. Sometimes it is now unlocked. Always it is at a different height than previously.

Any ideas?

Version: 1809

Build: 17763.615

Computer: Dell Latitude 7490 laptop

Docking Station: Dell WD15

:)

KStaffort, Jul 17, 2019

2. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jul 17, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Rey Cam Win User

In taskbar, how to change the position of just a task from multiple tasks of the same application?

Thanks for the quick reply. On this link, please check on the below listed topics to resolve your issue:

• Change your taskbar settings.
    • Change the taskbar location.
    • Rearrange taskbar button.
    • Lock and unlock the taskbar.
    After performing the steps, kindly share with us the result.

Rey Cam, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 taskbar changes even though locked - Similar Threads - taskbar changes though

2. Win 10 Taskbar UX changed - Taskbar locked and Windows do not minimize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Taskbar UX changed - Taskbar locked and Windows do not minimize: Hi all,Since some time, I have some strange UX/behaviour change noticed on my Windows 10 Desktop.I do not have any UI/UX software installed.1 The Taskbar seems to be locked on my main screen I have 2 and is as well shown when I do play a movie in full-screen mode.But I do not...
  3. my lock screen show windows spotlight picture even though i change it to picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my lock screen show windows spotlight picture even though i change it to picture: I already change it to picture but every time I restart, it always show windows spotlight image. I thought Windows automatically change my lock screen setting to windows spotlight but every time I check, it still show the same setting like above. I try so many solution but...
  4. my lock screen show windows spotlight picture even though i change it to picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my lock screen show windows spotlight picture even though i change it to picture: I already change it to picture but every time I restart, it always show windows spotlight image. I thought Windows automatically change my lock screen setting to windows spotlight but every time I check, it still show the same setting like above. I try so many solution but...
  5. Windows 10 keeps moving taskbar, even if locked.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 keeps moving taskbar, even if locked.: Been having an issue with Windows 10 ever since I swapped from an AMD graphics card to NVidia. I have Windows 10. And throughout past 3 versions Currently at 2004 my task/start bar keeps moving back to my primary screen either at reboot, or post/during gaming. Using both Dual...
  6. Taskbar not staying locked even after checking "Lock the taskbar" option in settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar not staying locked even after checking "Lock the taskbar" option in settings: I was screwing around on my computer and installed Nexus Dock for some reason, but eventually got rid of it. However, now the dock isn't staying put no matter what option I try in settings. I don't understand why, since "Lock the taskbar" is checked when I right click on the...
  7. Windows 10 keeps moving taskbar, even if locked

Windows 10 keeps moving taskbar, even if locked: I have windows 10[ATTACH] It is up to date Everything is ok except one annoying thing. Same as in the question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/windows-10-keeps-moving-taskbar-even-if-locked/33109f86-7e5b-4bd2-b871-1d4580900090 The...
  8. Taskbar icons are combining even though they are set to Never

Taskbar icons are combining even though they are set to Never: Taskbar icons are combining even though they are set to Never this just started happening this week. before that they were fine. Cass https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons-are-combining-even-though-they-are/ad3dd2ee-8ac7-47c7-94aa-95891c3e0820
  9. Calendar notification showing on Windows 10 lock screen, even though notification are off

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Calendar notification showing on Windows 10 lock screen, even though notification are off: I have turned off all notifications on the Notifications and actions page, and I am still getting upcoming calendar appointments on my lock screen, some of which are private. I have not seen this feature before, please could you help me further to turn it off? The calendar...
  10. Taskbar Auro-resizes Even When Locked

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Auro-resizes Even When Locked: This is strange; it occurred shortly after the last update, but not immediately after it, so I don't know it that's related or not. Also I am kind of shooting in the dark as to where best to post this, so please forgive it this is not the right place. My Taskbar is two...