Windows 10: Windows 10 Taskbar Context Menu Too Wide

Discus and support Windows 10 Taskbar Context Menu Too Wide in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Please see the screenshot:: Screenshot by Lightshot Also you can notice that the icons are not very easy to see. I was wondering if you could help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by darkhunter, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Windows 10 Taskbar Context Menu Too Wide

Please see the screenshot:: Screenshot by Lightshot
    Also you can notice that the icons are not very easy to see.
    I was wondering if you could help me?
    I've tried everything.

Also not sure if my font is the default font even though it is when I go into Chrome settings...
    Screenshot by Lightshot

Thanks

:)

darkhunter, Feb 20, 2017
  2. stevehal Win User

Blurry Context Menus and other features after upgrade to 10586

Hi,

Today my system upgraded to the latest 10586 build, but now parts of my Windows 10 install are blurry and different.

1. I need to turn off Cleartype and any font smoothing as it is very uncomfortable for me to use.

2. I disabled Segoe UI in my system as that font is too blury also.

If you look at the picture, you see the before and after pictures of the right-click context menus. Both on the desktop and taskbar.

The before pics are perfectly clear. The after pics are blurry, and have a dark-gray context menu for the taskbar.

Is there any way to get it like it was before?

Is there any way to get Windows 10 to respect system wide cleartype and font smoothing settings?

See the picture below (click on it to view at full size).

Windows 10 Taskbar Context Menu Too Wide [​IMG]

Thanks!

Steve

stevehal, Feb 20, 2017
  3. AJTow Win User
    Taskbar too wide or too short

Hi,

I have the same problem with my ASUS Smart Gesture driver. I haven't found a solution, but I believe I do understand the basics of the problem.

The primary problem on my computer is that sometimes the ASUS Smart Gesture driver icon on the taskbar is not loaded immediately and therefore causes the taskbar to be too long once it adds itself.

I solved the problem every time it happened by clicking on the ASUS Smart Gesture Icon and the taskbar adjusted its length automatically. But I have no way of preventing it.

AJTow, Feb 20, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows 10 Taskbar Context Menu Too Wide

This is what I see with yours for comparison

Windows 10 Taskbar Context Menu Too Wide [​IMG]

Your settings icon looks different, and the font more blurry.

Note: screenshots are most conveniently added using the icon to the left of the video icon above your post 'Insert Image'.

There are quite a few threads on blurry fonts, if you wish to try searching the forum for
    blurry font
    which might help.

dalchina, Feb 20, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Taskbar Context Menu Too Wide

1. Windows 10 Taskbar Context Menu Too Wide - Similar Threads - Taskbar Context Menu

2. Right click menu is too wide in windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click menu is too wide in windows 10 pro: Hi,Till yesterday it was fine but since today morning right click menu appearing weirdly, it's too wide.Not sure how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-menu-is-too-wide-in-windows-10-pro/e27131f1-4168-49f9-ae96-81321bbd9646
  3. Wide Taskbar

Wide Taskbar: The taskbar is wider than the screen and cuts off the notification center. Any Ideas on how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wide-taskbar/1c297ae4-34b8-4e0b-bc4c-9a476d9de11f
  4. Vertical Taskbar too wide

Vertical Taskbar too wide: Why is taskbar twice the width when moved to the vertical? I have it set at small icons but it is still twice as wide when compared to a horizontal taskbar. 172353
  5. Context menu on taskbar icon

Context menu on taskbar icon: I have issue with taskbar icons. When I right click on icon, context menu does not appear. For example, right click on edge should show close window, new window, incognito new window. Does anyone know how to solve this?...
  6. Taskbar buttons...a little too wide

Taskbar buttons...a little too wide: So my taskbar looks like this now. The buttons are really wide for some reason. I am using Small taskbar buttons in Settings, can someone figure out how to fix this? [ATTACH] And yes, I have restarted....
  7. Property windows are too wide

Property windows are too wide: [ATTACH]HOW DO I FIX THIS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/property-windows-are-too-wide/6053d969-6da4-4728-a995-7bf8d27bce00
  8. Black Context Menu for Taskbar and Old Context Menu for Desktop

Black Context Menu for Taskbar and Old Context Menu for Desktop: Hello. Today I got an update, and I noticed afterwards that the Windows 10 context menu when you right click the desktop went back to the old version and not the Windows 10 version. Also, the context menu for right clicking in the taskbar turned black in the background. Not...
  9. No taskbar properties in the context menu of the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    No taskbar properties in the context menu of the taskbar: Hi guys, Yesterday I installed Windows 10 Pro and after sometime I noticed that when I right-click on the taskbar I don't have "Properties" option which normally should be. Could you please help me to sort it out. Thank you. 62126
  10. Open Context Menu for Taskbar Icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Context Menu for Taskbar Icons in Windows 10: How to: Open Context Menu for Taskbar Icons in Windows 10 [img] Information A context menu is a menu in a graphical user interface (GUI) that appears when you right-click on an item in Windows. A context menu offers a limited set of choices that vary depending on the item...