Windows 10: Windows 10 Taskbar crashes and restarts if I use a different monitor's taskbar to search

Discus and support Windows 10 Taskbar crashes and restarts if I use a different monitor's taskbar to search in Cortana to solve the problem; If I click on the windows button on the taskbar of my non-main monitors, it flickers the taskbar and after 20 seconds, restarts Windows Explorer. I've... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by DJDayman, Feb 23, 2023.

1. DJDayman Win User

Windows 10 Taskbar crashes and restarts if I use a different monitor's taskbar to search

If I click on the windows button on the taskbar of my non-main monitors, it flickers the taskbar and after 20 seconds, restarts Windows Explorer. I've tried sfc/scannow and fix.This is the problem report SourceWindows ExplorerSummaryStopped workingDate‎2/‎23/‎2023 12:59 AMStatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: APPCRASHApplication Name: Explorer.EXEApplication Version: 10.0.19041.2604Application Timestamp: a808a517Fault Module Name: Explorer.EXEF

:)

DJDayman, Feb 23, 2023
  2. Pete1burn Win User

Taskbar on second monitor on Win7

Anyone know of some good freeware app that will add a taskbar to my second monitor and only show apps on that monitor on its taskbar? I was using Ultramon in XP but wondering if there's something better for Win7. Thanks.

Pete1burn, Feb 23, 2023
  3. newtekie1 Win User

It doubles it, at least in the way he wants, I don't know what you want. The taskbar on the second monitor is seperate from the taskbar on the first. The programs open on the second monitor show up on the second task bar.

newtekie1, Feb 23, 2023
  4. Pete1burn Win User

Windows 10 Taskbar crashes and restarts if I use a different monitor's taskbar to search

Ultramon shows a tiny little taskbar on the bottom of the second monitor. Hard to see.

Pete1burn, Feb 23, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Taskbar crashes and restarts if I use a different monitor's taskbar to search - Similar Threads - Taskbar crashes restarts

2. Is it possible to get two different taskbars while using 2 monitors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to get two different taskbars while using 2 monitors?: Hey ! I think the title is explicit. But in details, I am using my laptop's screen and a 2nd monitor for my work. And I wanted to know if it was possible to have taskbars that are independants?Like if Brave, Slack or other are opened on the second monitor, then they will not...
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar crashes and restarts if I use a different monitor's taskbar to search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Taskbar crashes and restarts if I use a different monitor's taskbar to search: If I click on the windows button on the taskbar of my non-main monitors, it flickers the taskbar and after 20 seconds, restarts Windows Explorer. I've tried sfc/scannow and fix.This is the problem report SourceWindows ExplorerSummaryStopped workingDate‎2/‎23/‎2023 12:59...
  4. Windows 10 Taskbar crashes and restarts if I use a different monitor's taskbar to search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Taskbar crashes and restarts if I use a different monitor's taskbar to search: If I click on the windows button on the taskbar of my non-main monitors, it flickers the taskbar and after 20 seconds, restarts Windows Explorer. I've tried sfc/scannow and fix.This is the problem report SourceWindows ExplorerSummaryStopped workingDate‎2/‎23/‎2023 12:59...
  5. different looking search icons on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    different looking search icons on taskbar: the search icon on the taskbar looks different on 3 different systems after windows updates. how can i get them the same again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/different-looking-search-icons-on-taskbar/072311ef-fcd9-4acc-a286-931507b26a4d
  6. different looking search icons on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    different looking search icons on taskbar: the search icon on the taskbar looks different on 3 different systems after windows updates. how can i get them the same again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/different-looking-search-icons-on-taskbar/072311ef-fcd9-4acc-a286-931507b26a4d
  7. different looking search icons on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. crashing taskbar and hanging on restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    crashing taskbar and hanging on restarts: So I've been having this really weird problem lately. Often I want to use my PC, it boots up just fine, it logs in and then when it has logged in it only shows me a taskbar that seems to be constantly crashing. It doesn't show my background and it won't let me focus on any...
  9. Unable to use taskbar search

Unable to use taskbar search: I have the task bar set to display vertically on the right side of the screen. Until this morning, when I clicked the search icon just below the Windows Start icon, I could type into the search at the bottom left. For example, I could type "control panel" and it would show a...
  10. Use different taskbar locations on different displays

Use different taskbar locations on different displays: When I first upgraded, the taskbar on my first display was located on the left side of the display and the taskbar on my second display was located on the bottom. I liked this. But I wanted to see how I'd like having both on left hand side. I went into taskbar properties....