Windows 10: Windows 10 Taskbar Customization / Refreshing after change

Discus and support Windows 10 Taskbar Customization / Refreshing after change in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I keep getting Internet Explorer pinned automatically to my taskbar. I can remove the offending link from:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wintendo, Mar 19, 2019.

1. wintendo Win User

Windows 10 Taskbar Customization / Refreshing after change

Hello,

I keep getting Internet Explorer pinned automatically to my taskbar. I can remove the offending link from:
    %AppData%\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\LayoutModification.xml
    But it doesn't go away unless I force exit explorer and re-start it.

Is there a more elegant way to do this?

:)

wintendo, Mar 19, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

windows 10 taskbar changes on reboot after last major update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• How exactly did you customize the task bar?

• Are you referring to November update?
    I suggest you to provide the steps how did you customize the taskbar so that we can reproduce the issue.

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Windows 10 Taskbar icons missing/ not responding!

Hello Pasindu,

Windows 10 may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this taskbar issue. For us to assist you with this, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check, type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.

Meanwhile, we suggest that restart the Windows Explorer.exe to refresh your taskbar functionality by following the steps below:

• Open Task Manager
      by right clicking the taskbar.
    • Click More details at the bottom to expand the Task Manager window.
    • Under the Processes tab, look for Windows Explorer.
    • After selecting the Windows Explorer, click the Restart
      button at the bottom.
    • It may take a few seconds and things like your taskbar and Start menu may disappear momentarily, but when it restarts, things should behave better and you can exit Task Manager.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Taskbar Customization / Refreshing after change

Changing the taskbar color to white in Windows 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

In Windows 10 there is no option for changing the color to white but you can change it to different colors. To change the color of the task bar I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then select personalization.
    • Click on color option on the left side.
    • You will find an option called “show color on start, taskbar and start icon”.
    • You need to on the option and then you can change the color accordingly.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Taskbar Customization / Refreshing after change

1. Windows 10 Taskbar Customization / Refreshing after change - Similar Threads - Taskbar Customization Refreshing

2. Custom refresh rate

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom refresh rate: I've been looking for help on how to change the refresh rate of a laptop monitor to a lower or custom refresh rate option.I have a laptop that is capable of running its integrated display at 240hz, and I can switch between 60hz and 240hz in the advanced display settings, in...
  3. Windows 10 icons refreshing in taskbar

Windows 10 icons refreshing in taskbar: Hello, i have a problem. Into a randomly moment in taskbar the icons from him are refreshing, and i'm very upset. What can i do to resolve this problem? I've rebuilded the icon cache, i've restarted Explorer.exe, but nothing. What can I do?...
  4. Windows 10 icons refresh in taskbar

Windows 10 icons refresh in taskbar: Hi, why the icons in taskbar are refreshing into a randomly moment or when I copy something on clipboard? This is very stupid and I don't know why they are refreshing....
  5. Windows 10 Taskbar Refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Taskbar Refreshing: Hello, I have a peculiar problem regarding my taskbar. Every time I click on ANY MP3 file it will automatically freeze the my documents window then refresh the taskbar and desktop. On top of this my windows start menu doesn't work either. Solutions I have tried: I do not...
  6. Taskbar Refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Refreshing: I've been having a weird issue. Randomly, my taskbar will refresh. Not the icons on the desktop, just the taskbar. Usually when I'm accessing harddrives. None in particular tho. I've updated the graphics cards, so I've ruled out that idea. The computer is a custom build, so...
  7. Windows 10 Taskbar unable to customize

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Taskbar unable to customize: After some time of trying out Windows 10, I've realized that for some reason I am unable to customize the taskbar in Windows 10. I've tried dragging shortcuts to "Pin to Start menu", but to no avail. I have also tried unpinning items from the right-hand side with all the...
  8. Is Custom Refresh option still gone in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is Custom Refresh option still gone in Windows 10?: Since so many people do not use a backup program I always advised everyone running Windows 8 to at least make a custom refresh image of their systems. I know that option was discontinued in the earlier builds of Windows 10. Personally, I regularly backup my systems. Now that...
  9. Taskbar Refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Refresh: I was curious to know if this was something common in any of the updates for Win10. Currently running OS Build 16299.402 of 1709. Everytime I open a program (usually which are Adobe titles) and I go to file open or to a file save, the first time I click on either of these,...
  10. Deregister Refresh Custom Recovery Image in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Deregister Refresh Custom Recovery Image in Windows 10: How to: Deregister Refresh Custom Recovery Image in Windows 10 How to Deregister Current Custom Recovery Image used to Refresh Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial no longer works starting with Windows 10 build 10130 released on May 29th 2015. [img]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internet explorer refreshing in task bar