Windows 10: Windows 10 Taskbar failure

Discus and support Windows 10 Taskbar failure in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded from W 8.1 to W10 yesterday. Several features do not work. Right click on any items on the Taskbar does not function, with the exception of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by parish9, Aug 3, 2015.

1. parish9 Win User

Windows 10 Taskbar failure

I upgraded from W 8.1 to W10 yesterday. Several features do not work. Right click on any items on the Taskbar does not function, with the exception of the Start key. Consequently I am unable to pin/unpin any item or view items previously pinned to Taskbar buttons. I cannot activate “Start" Search” “Edge” or “MS Store” by any means. In trying to contact MS Support I also find TWINUI is not working. Please help.

:)

parish9, Aug 3, 2015

2. taskbar

my taskbar isn't showing. How can I get my taskbar to show?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures / PC]

DorisMarlene, Aug 3, 2015
  3. windows task bar

unable to access anything in windows taskbar. please help asap

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

shamilmanzor, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Taskbar failure

1. Windows 10 Taskbar failure - Similar Threads - Taskbar failure

2. Change taskbar icon size Windows 11. Is there a simple way of doing this? May 2024.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change taskbar icon size Windows 11. Is there a simple way of doing this? May 2024.: Once again, leave it to Microsoft to screw things up. MICROSOFT MISSION STATEMENT: If it works, change it. If people are happy with it, change it. If there are no complaints, change it. If there is an easy way to fix it, change it. After a fresh install of Windows 11 on my...
  3. Change taskbar icon size Windows 11. Is there a simple way of doing this? May 2024.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change taskbar icon size Windows 11. Is there a simple way of doing this? May 2024.: Once again, leave it to Microsoft to screw things up. MICROSOFT MISSION STATEMENT: If it works, change it. If people are happy with it, change it. If there are no complaints, change it. If there is an easy way to fix it, change it. After a fresh install of Windows 11 on my...
  4. Why do my changed icons appear on shortcuts but not on the taskbar when pinned?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do my changed icons appear on shortcuts but not on the taskbar when pinned?: This is a dumb thing so much, i mean, really.When i change the icon of a shortcut. lets say i dont like the way Office icon looks, I would download the old icons and put it in, this only displays on my desktop with the icon, For somewhat reason, It does not display on the...
  5. Taskbar and Start menu not working after the KB5031356 update failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and Start menu not working after the KB5031356 update failure: My PC just attempted the KB5031356 update released on October 10, 2023. It couldn't be installed due to a problem I've never encountered before, which is listed in the known issues of that update here:...
  6. Taskbar and Start menu not working after the KB5031356 update failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taskbar and Start menu not working after the KB5031356 update failure: My PC just attempted the KB5031356 update released on October 10, 2023. It couldn't be installed due to a problem I've never encountered before, which is listed in the known issues of that update here:...
  7. Taskbar and Start menu not working after the KB5031356 update failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Failure of desktop and taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Failure of desktop and taskbar icons: Non of my desktop or taskbar icons respond to start up programs as the used to do. I have to left click on the white cross in the bottom left corner of the screen to open up a list, and then select the program as I want.Can anyone tell me how to correct this please....
  9. Taskbar failure and some apps failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar failure and some apps failure: I bought an Acer Nitro 5 gaming laptop in january 2019. Before now it has worked 99% fine. (I say 99% as the only issue experienced before was a Task Host Window, Task Host is preventing the laptop from shutting down. Where i have to click ‘shut down anyway’) The...
  10. Failure to restart the taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Failure to restart the taskbar: After major updates, or when I turn off the computer and then restart, the task bar will not activate. If I hover the mouse over the taskbar I get the new hourglass. If I then press the mouse buttons continuously, left then center then right then right then center then left...