Windows 10: Windows 10, taskbar frozen, icons on desktop still working

Discus and support Windows 10, taskbar frozen, icons on desktop still working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I think this problem occurred after updating Windows to Ver. 20H2 and adding weather forecast icon to the taskbar, for more Information, I have using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ali AkbarSaless, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Windows 10, taskbar frozen, icons on desktop still working

I think this problem occurred after updating Windows to Ver. 20H2 and adding weather forecast icon to the taskbar, for more Information, I have using Dual Monitor.

:)

Ali AkbarSaless, Jun 17, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Jun 17, 2021
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jun 17, 2021
  4. Windows 10, taskbar frozen, icons on desktop still working

Windows 10, taskbar frozen, icons on desktop still working

Hi,

Freezing of Windows Taskbar and other Windows apps might be due to corrupted or missing system files. We suggest that you visit this
    thread with the same concern and check for ArchitKhandelwal or Kristine Arps's answer.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10, taskbar frozen, icons on desktop still working

1. Windows 10, taskbar frozen, icons on desktop still working - Similar Threads - taskbar frozen icons

2. Windows 10: frozen taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10: frozen taskbar: sometimes windows taskbar stop working. when I click on it the mouse cursor starts loading, and icons disappear and reappear but it is still frozen, I tried restarting windows explorer but the problem persists.even if I restart my laptop it's still there. but it will resolve...
  3. Windows 10 dead - frozen at desktop without any icons

Windows 10 dead - frozen at desktop without any icons: Hi all, I need some guidance because I ran out of ideas on how to solve the issue I'm facing with. I have a Windows 10 desktop computer that can't boot properly after a BSOD happened a few days ago. Here's what happening and what I've tried already: Windows 10 login...
  4. Desktop icons not appearing, taskbar frozen, task manager won't open

Desktop icons not appearing, taskbar frozen, task manager won't open: Hello. I'm having a big issue with my Windows 10 laptop. When I boot it up and log in, no desktop icons appear. Only the background. The taskbar is frozen and I cannot get task manager to open, nor can I use Win+R. I can get to the ctrl+alt+del menu but when I click on task...
  5. Taskbar frozen, icons gone

Taskbar frozen, icons gone: PC, is Acer swift When I started my PC this morning, it would not show any icons on the desktop. Furthermore, the taskbar has frozen. I cannot click anywhere on the taskbar, because I'll get a pop up thats says the application doesnt respond, but it might if I wait and I...
  6. Help! No desktop icons and frozen taskbar (safe mode too)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! No desktop icons and frozen taskbar (safe mode too): Help! I don't know if this is the right community to post this, but when I open my laptop the taskbar is frozen, start button doesn't work and no icons appear on the desktop. Ctrl+shift+esc doesn't work except for safe mode, where I restarted windows explorer and nothing...
  7. All desktop icons and apps have dissapeared but taskbar is still working

in Windows 10 Customization
    All desktop icons and apps have dissapeared but taskbar is still working: I've recently had a problem where I boot my computer up and no apps or icons that were there are now gone. I have linked up my laptop to a second monitor and used the second monitor as the main one for a while. But when I unplugged the HDMI cord that leads to my second...
  8. Windows 10 Frozen Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Frozen Taskbar: Before I say anything, I would like to give a note for all the people who are kind enough to help me with my issue; Windows Key + *insert letter here* commands DO NOT WORK! So if you take time out of your day to help me, just know that any commands that involve the Windows...
  9. Frozen Taskbar and Task Manager Not Working

Frozen Taskbar and Task Manager Not Working: I recently bought a new computer (Ideapad 330S) and everything was fine until I opened it this morning. The taskbar is frozen - when I mouse over any of the icons, the loading symbol comes up and clicking on start, cortana, notifications, etc does nothing. If I right click,...
  10. Taskbar frozen

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar frozen: Win 10 build 1607 after few months without problem, now, taskbar frozen constantly every 30 minutes. Not help scan disk for errors. Every time I must from Task Manager to restart Win Explorer. Why? 71555