Windows 10: Windows 10 Taskbar frozen on login

Discus and support Windows 10 Taskbar frozen on login in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every time I restart/login to Windows 10 the taskbar is locked up loading wheel when I mouseover it, and doesn't load any of the pinned icons. As soon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ToddFagan, Jan 9, 2021.

1. ToddFagan Win User

Windows 10 Taskbar frozen on login

Every time I restart/login to Windows 10 the taskbar is locked up loading wheel when I mouseover it, and doesn't load any of the pinned icons. As soon as I click on it, it appears to restart itself and loads after a moment normally.

I have tried a repair install, chkdsk, DISM, sfc, and disabled all startup applications I can. The behaviour persists in safemode also.

It is extremely annoying. Any solutions?

:)

ToddFagan, Jan 9, 2021

2. having a problem with Windows 10 taskbar. help needed,

It's still happening after i have done the above mentioned steps. I was running FireFox, I had 3 tabs open. 2 were Newegg.com, 1 was TPU. Closing them did NOT resolve the issue. Im starting to think that this is being caused by a windows process. notifications are entirely off too. FFS, this is really annoying.

***edit***
    I tried This fix, and im Hoping it will work.
    RAN=elevated PowerShell\Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}\Enter\fingers Crossed *Wink Windows 10 Taskbar frozen on login ;)

I Also installed "start10" and customised the start Menu, and Added a proper start button. Still no frozen taskbar, and its been Far longer than it normally takes until it used to happen.

jboydgolfer, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Windows 10, Taskbar frozen

i have tried all above solution but the problem still exists. please help....Windows 10 Taskbar frozen on login :(

Mughal Zaheer Ud Din, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Taskbar frozen on login

Windows 10, Taskbar frozen

Hi Richard,

There are multiple reasons why Windows Taskbar freezes. Before we proceed, we would like to confirm if you have already tried
    restarting Windows Explorer as suggested by ArchitKhandelwal on
    February 8, 2017. If the issue persists, you can follow the methods provided below:

Method 1: Use Powershell

Use the Powershell command to unfreeze the frozen taskbar by following the steps below:

1. Press and hold the
    Windows logo key + R.

2. Type
    powershell
    in the Run dialog box.

3. Hit
    Enter

4. Type the following command line:
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}.

5. Hit
    Enter

Take note that you have to enable the Windows Firewall before performing the task above. Here are the steps on how to check if the Windows Firewall was enabled:

1. Open
    Task Manager

2. Click
    More Details

3. Select the
    Services tab.

4. Make sure that
    MpsSvc, also described as Windows Firewall, is running.

Method 2: Enable the User Manager.

A disabled User Manager sometimes results in a frozen Windows taskbar. To re-enable the User Manager, follow these steps:

1. Press and hold
    Windows logo key + R.

2. Type
    services.msc

3. Double-click the
    User Manager.

4. Set the
    Startup type
    to Automatic.

5. Hit
    OK

6. Restart the computer.

Method 3: Disable Recently Opened Items.

Disabling the recently opened items helps to speed up the list launch. To disable items that are recently opened, follow the instruction below:

1. Go to
    Settings

2. Select
    Personalization

3. Click
    Start

4. Slide the toggle button beside
    Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Star or the taskbar to turn it off.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Taskbar frozen on login

1. Windows 10 Taskbar frozen on login - Similar Threads - Taskbar frozen login

2. Windows Taskbar Frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Taskbar Frozen: My Windows Taskbar is frozen, when i cant click anywhere, shortcuts like Windows + K dont work, i have tried some methods like Ctrl + Shift + Esc than do a lot of stuff... they worked, for like 3 minutes, than it freezes again...
  3. Taskbar is frozen

Taskbar is frozen: My Windows 10 at first just suddenly had an Internet trouble, I tried troubleshooting it but nothing happened so I gave up and left it on sleep. After how many hours, I was planning on using my laptop again and saw that not only the internet that has a problem, but I cannot...
  4. taskbar frozen

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar frozen: Can anyone here help me with this Windows 10pro issue.A couple of days ago Everytime I start it, it leads me here, desktop with no apps in taskbar. Everything else is frozen. I can't click on anything at all. Whenever I click anywhere mutiple times, It stops responding...
  5. TaskBar Frozen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TaskBar Frozen: My Taskbar has been frozen ever since i restarted my network reset once i reset my computer it doesnt work. Everytime i move my mouse over it its a loading icon. i have reset windows explore and its still not working i have also tried running "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  6. TaskBar Frozen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TaskBar Frozen: My Taskbar has been frozen ever since i restarted my network reset once i reset my computer it doesnt work. Everytime i move my mouse over it its a loading icon. i have reset windows explore and its still not working i have also tried running "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  7. Windows 10: frozen taskbar

Windows 10: frozen taskbar: sometimes windows taskbar stop working. when I click on it the mouse cursor starts loading, and icons disappear and reappear but it is still frozen, I tried restarting windows explorer but the problem persists.even if I restart my laptop it's still there. but it will resolve...
  8. Windows 10 Frozen Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Frozen Taskbar: Before I say anything, I would like to give a note for all the people who are kind enough to help me with my issue; Windows Key + *insert letter here* commands DO NOT WORK! So if you take time out of your day to help me, just know that any commands that involve the Windows...
  9. Taskbar frozen

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar frozen: Win 10 build 1607 after few months without problem, now, taskbar frozen constantly every 30 minutes. Not help scan disk for errors. Every time I must from Task Manager to restart Win Explorer. Why? 71555
  10. Windows 10 login screen is frozen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 login screen is frozen: Hello! I would be very grateful if you can help me. I have Windows 10 on my laptop. Today I switched it on, the welcome screen did not appeared as usual but the login/password screen showed instead. However I cannot type the password, cannot select the power button or...