Windows 10: Windows 10 Taskbar got graphically screwed by last update probably KB5003214

Discus and support Windows 10 Taskbar got graphically screwed by last update probably KB5003214 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As you can see here, bottom right - where the System Tray should be - is totally blacked out: https://i.imgur.com/e21F2tK.pngOther times, it will be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Phil Herbert, May 30, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Taskbar got graphically screwed by last update probably KB5003214

As you can see here, bottom right - where the System Tray should be - is totally blacked out: https://i.imgur.com/e21F2tK.pngOther times, it will be messed up completely, like here: https://i.imgur.com/u9m4R9B.pngThere are other similar "graphical" issues that happen to that very same area.This one for example happened as I just clicked the "^" to see the hidden progrms on the System Tray https://i.imgur.com/hrCDS6U.pngThose were the only 2 updates installed before the problem started happening: https://i.imgur.com/GcKnPQx.pngKB5003214 and KB5003254Restarting File Explorer

:)

Phil Herbert, May 30, 2021

2. Windows 10 update screwed my video

Hi Sheron,

This issue might occur because the driver installed is incompatible with the latest update installed on your PC. In order for us to better sort things out, we would like to verify if you're using the latest driver of your graphics card manufacturer.

If not, we suggest updating the driver to resolve the issue. Please perform the following steps:

• Select the Start
       button, typeDevice Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • Expand one of the categories to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select
      Update Driver. For graphics cards, expand the Display adapterscategory, right click your graphics card and select
      Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    • If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

NOTE: If the following steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver. Here are the steps:

• Open Device Manager
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device
    • Select Uninstall
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver

I hope this information is helpful. If you have additional questions, feel free to post on this thread.

Jericho Lap, May 30, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar is not working and "fixes" don't fix it.

Hi Carole,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Taskbar on Windows 10. We will help you with resolving the issue.

Provide us the additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you press Alt+Tab keys from the keyboard to switch between the apps?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

As you said Taskbar is not working, and you will minimize all the opened apps to access the one you wish to from Taskbar. Be clear with how exactly you are trying to accessing the apps from Taskbar.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if you have enabled the Auto-hide option for Taskbar, if so try to disable and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties,
    • Under Taskbar tab, uncheck the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and brief description for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 30, 2021
  4. qubit Win User

Windows 10 Taskbar got graphically screwed by last update probably KB5003214

Windows 10 update being enabled.

srlsly? Looks like MS nerfed it then. Hope you get it sorted.

I have to confess that I've not paid much attention to it and didn't bother updating it, although I probably should have.

qubit, May 30, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Taskbar got graphically screwed by last update probably KB5003214

1. Windows 10 Taskbar got graphically screwed by last update probably KB5003214 - Similar Threads - Taskbar got graphically

2. Last Cumulative Update Screwed Up My User Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Last Cumulative Update Screwed Up My User Account: My PC did a Windows 11 Cumulative Update overnight and created a temp user account. I can see the user account and my files in Explorer at C:\Users\erizz but I cannot log out of the TEMP account. There are no options to change accounts in Windows....
  3. Weird issues since last update probably ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird issues since last update probably ?: Hey friends I'm not sure if my issue is related to latest updates or not but anyways here it goes... Earlier - when I turned on my laptop - the manufacturer page "Lenovo" used to start with a circling dots one for a few seconds before coming onto "Welcome" screen, now a days,...
  4. KB5003214 and Cisco AnyConnnect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5003214 and Cisco AnyConnnect: I've been using Cisco AnyConnect for several years to securely connect to the University of Florida. It has worked flawlessly. After I installed KB5003214 I began to have problems connecting. It would seemingly try to connect but over 50% of the time it failed. After a couple...
  5. KB5003214 update is causing issues with Windows 10 taskbar

in Windows 10 News
    KB5003214 update is causing issues with Windows 10 taskbar: Windows 10 has a new bug that has been introduced thanks to the KB5003214 update for May 2021 Update (21H1), October 2020 Update (20H2) and May 2020 Update (2004). This optional update breaks the system tray of the taskbar and some users are also reporting other related...
  6. Graphic Screw Up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphic Screw Up: My laptop has started acting up out of nowhere. All my design softwares like figma, adobe suite etc. starts looking glitchy every few minutes which resets when I zoom in or zoom out and then goes back to it after a while. I've tried restarting my graphics card using the Win...
  7. Got a BSOD probably by skype

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Got a BSOD probably by skype: Was playing a game window mode, and had Skype opened, did an alt+tab on it and got a BSOD. Is it a software problem with Skype? Driver? Faulty RAM? Any help is appreciated. This is from WinDbg: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 1a # Any other values for parameter 1 must be...
  8. Windows update last night screwed up my laptop

Windows update last night screwed up my laptop: Well, last night my Acer Nitro was automatically updated windows. I'm in an endless cycle of something went wrong and repairs fail. My only options seem to be reset and keep files or reset to factory settings. WTH?? I cannot get to anything but this blue screen. I just...
  9. OneDrive (probably) screwed up my computer

OneDrive (probably) screwed up my computer: So, i haven't used my HP laptop in, maybe, 2 or 3 days. It wouldn't access the internet, and i wasn't interested in using it anyways, so i thought, hey, big deal. Fast forward to today, and i log into my laptop to see an error saying that, apparently, it had some problems...
  10. Last Update Screwed Me

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Last Update Screwed Me: I noticed this right after I suddenly had Microsoft Edge, which I do not use and don't want, by the way. I have no key functions for the following keys: backspace, right enter, and forward slash. Additionally, when I checked in Device Manager which online helps instructed me...