Windows 10: Windows 10 taskbar hover preview not working if there are multiple occurances of a program

Discus and support Windows 10 taskbar hover preview not working if there are multiple occurances of a program in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am having an issue with Windows where if I have multiple occurrences of a program ie internet browser, file explorer, etc the taskbar will not show a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ScottC2500, May 31, 2020.

1. Windows 10 taskbar hover preview not working if there are multiple occurances of a program

I am having an issue with Windows where if I have multiple occurrences of a program ie internet browser, file explorer, etc the taskbar will not show a preview when I hover over the icon in the task bar. Currently my task bar is set to only show taskbar buttons Always hide labels. When I do hover over the icon it will only have a line of text for each program occurrence with a description of what the window is. The preview does however work when I only have one occurrence of the program running at a time.

I have already attempted the following items in an attempt to fix but all failed:

Toggling the windows peek option under task bar settings.

Going into advanced system settings->Performance->visual effects and toggling all options

Running the system file checker SFC

I tried changing the regedit Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced and changing the ExtendedUIHoverTIme value to 0.

Really need help with this as I am having a hard time navigating through windows when I can't immediately see a preview of what's in each window.

Thanks for listening!

:)

ScottC2500, May 31, 2020

2. How to OPEN Programs in Taskbar Preview WITHOUT Clicking ??

@Triliuner I'm sorry to hear it's not as simple as that.

When you have multiple windows opened from a single application e.g. 2 separate windows from Chrome, do they show up as previews when you hover over Chrome's icon in the taskbar, or as a list? Just asking to clarify that, they are at least showing as previews. If not, this should help: Change Taskbar Thumbnail Threshold to Show List in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

As for the different windows not showing when you hover your mouse over a preview, maybe it has something to do with the delay, see here: Change Delay Time to Show Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials (restoring the default value)

I hope that helps, if not, maybe others can suggest some other things to try..

TheDeerDude, May 31, 2020
  3. Windows 10 taskbar app icon not showing preview (Taskbar Hover preview)

Hello Daiyue,

We appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue.

At this point, I suggest you to check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different Local administrator user account.

Follow the steps:

• Assuming that you are already logged on to your user account in Windows 10, click the Start button.
    • From the Start menu, click your name from the top of the left pane.
    • From the displayed options click Sign out.
    • From the login screen, click to the different user account you want to switch to.

However, if you do not have a separate user account, I suggest you to create another administrator user account by referring to the Microsoft article here: Set
    up accounts

Kindly keep us posted if it helps the Task bar hover preview work on the new user account. This would help us to ascertain if the issue is user account specific.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 31, 2020
  4. 22ms Win User

Windows 10 taskbar hover preview not working if there are multiple occurances of a program

Windows 10 Taskbar preview of multiple instances of a program

Hello everyone!

I am new to this forum and have had a problem with Windows 10 for a week or so now. Usually, when I hovered over a taskbar symbol and the program had multiple instances opened, I got a preview of all of these instances next to each other. Somehow, this feature stopped working and I now only see the names of the instances as you can see in the screenshot.

Windows 10 taskbar hover preview not working if there are multiple occurances of a program [​IMG]

I hope you can help me!
    Windows 10 Version Number: 1909 Build 18363.851

Kind Regards
    Leander

Thema:

Windows 10 taskbar hover preview not working if there are multiple occurances of a program

1. Windows 10 taskbar hover preview not working if there are multiple occurances of a program - Similar Threads - taskbar hover preview

2. Taskbar preview not showing, when multiple windows of the same program, for example ms...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar preview not showing, when multiple windows of the same program, for example ms...: This is how it looks and I have no idea how to change it. I even tried to google it, but all the stuff I found was not related to this topic.Thanks in advance,Poldi...
  3. Taskbar preview not showing, when multiple windows of the same program, for example ms...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar preview not showing, when multiple windows of the same program, for example ms...: This is how it looks and I have no idea how to change it. I even tried to google it, but all the stuff I found was not related to this topic.Thanks in advance,Poldi...
  4. Taskbar preview not showing, when multiple windows of the same program, for example ms...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Taskbar thumbnail hover preview not showing

Taskbar thumbnail hover preview not showing: So today when i hovered over a window with two tabs it is no longer showing me the thumbnail preview. What is going on please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-thumbnail-hover-preview-not-showing/8dde1ed5-e2c1-4304-9de1-b349d2f597a3
  6. Image Preview Hover not working?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Image Preview Hover not working?: Hello, I am trying to set up a quick and accessible folder that also shows large previews of the images inside. At the moment I currently have to click on each image to load them up which is time consuming and a bit annoying. Is there a way I can do this? [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows 10 taskbar app icon not showing preview Taskbar Hover preview

Windows 10 taskbar app icon not showing preview Taskbar Hover preview: When i hover my mouse over a app on the taskbar like google which has over 1 window of it open it doesn't show previews for the multiple windows but when it has just 1 it shows the preview fine. It used to show all but now it doesn't. Any ideas how to fix this? Happens with...
  8. Windows 10 taskbar hover preview now working if there are multiple occurances of a program

Windows 10 taskbar hover preview now working if there are multiple occurances of a program: I am having an issue with Windows where if I have multiple occurrences of a program ie internet browser, file explorer, etc the taskbar will not show a preview when I hover over the icon in the task bar. Currently my task bar is set to only show taskbar buttons Always hide...
  9. Windows 10 Taskbar preview of multiple instances of a program

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Taskbar preview of multiple instances of a program: Hello everyone! I am new to this forum and have had a problem with Windows 10 for a week or so now. Usually, when I hovered over a taskbar symbol and the program had multiple instances opened, I got a preview of all of these instances next to each other. Somehow, this...
  10. Shifting Windows when hovering over taskbar programs.

Shifting Windows when hovering over taskbar programs.: I have mild OCD, and ever since a recent update its been going nuts due this bug. When I mouse over a icon on the task bar and hover over it the other windows shift to the side and then fade away. They use to just fade away.... Here's a video of the bug. VIDEO PLZ send...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskbar hover thumbnails only works with clicking

2. preview pane does not work