Windows 10: Windows 10 taskbar icon changes size randomly

Discus and support Windows 10 taskbar icon changes size randomly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello I'm using windows 10 and I've customized the size of task bar icons. Intermittently I'm noticing random changes in their size. The icons in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PRASANTH NARAYANA IYER, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Windows 10 taskbar icon changes size randomly

Hello

I'm using windows 10 and I've customized the size of task bar icons. Intermittently I'm noticing random changes in their size. The icons in the system tray remain intact. Though a restart restores the icon size to how it was, this behavior is annoying. Is there a solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance

Prasanth

:)

PRASANTH NARAYANA IYER, Jul 17, 2018
  2. Lizy297 Win User

how to change size of folders on my Pc

To set the size, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button and choose the Properties command.
    • Click the Taskbar tab in the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties dialog box.
    • To use smaller icons, place a check mark by the item Use Small Icons. ...
    • Click OK.

Lizy297, Jul 17, 2018
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 17, 2018
  4. Windows 10 taskbar icon changes size randomly

Icon size in task bar at the bottom of the screen

Hi Ronald,

As you are facing issues with changing the taskbar icons size, we will help you with this issue.

Please follow the below steps:

• Logon to your computer as administrator, click on empty space on the
      Taskbar.

• Select Properties, Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window pops-up.

• Uncheck Use small taskbar buttons to increase the size of icons.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any further queries on Windows Operating System.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 taskbar icon changes size randomly

1. Windows 10 taskbar icon changes size randomly - Similar Threads - taskbar icon changes

2. Change Taskbar Icon Size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Taskbar Icon Size: I never commanded my taskbar to change anything so maybe this came with an update but I do not need extra large icons on my task bar just to see what I'm clicking on. I click on the taks bar to change the icon saize and click on taskbar settings and it's not even an option!...
  3. Change Taskbar Icon Size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Taskbar Icon Size: I never commanded my taskbar to change anything so maybe this came with an update but I do not need extra large icons on my task bar just to see what I'm clicking on. I click on the taks bar to change the icon saize and click on taskbar settings and it's not even an option!...
  4. How to change the size of taskbar icons in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the size of taskbar icons in Windows 11: Hello,I just updated to Windows 11 from Windows 10 and noticed that the taskbar icons are larger, which I do not like. There doesn't seem to be an option to make them smaller or, at least, I can't find one. Is there a way to change their size?Thanks,Daffy D...
  5. How to change the size of taskbar icons in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the size of taskbar icons in Windows 11: Hello,I just updated to Windows 11 from Windows 10 and noticed that the taskbar icons are larger, which I do not like. There doesn't seem to be an option to make them smaller or, at least, I can't find one. Is there a way to change their size?Thanks,Daffy D...
  6. RDP changing taskbar toolbar icon size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP changing taskbar toolbar icon size: This is very weird, and is only affecting taskbar icons set up in the taskbar, not toolbar icons.If I log directly into the laptop, both icons are displayed as the same small size, as seen below.But if I RDP into the same laptop at a higher resolution, toolbar icons stay the...
  7. RDP changing taskbar toolbar icon size

in Windows 10 Customization
    RDP changing taskbar toolbar icon size: This is very weird, and is only affecting taskbar icons set up in the taskbar, not toolbar icons.If I log directly into the laptop, both icons are displayed as the same small size, as seen below.But if I RDP into the same laptop at a higher resolution, toolbar icons stay the...
  8. Icons randomly change sizes.

Icons randomly change sizes.: I have my desktop icons set to Large and all of the programs / shortcuts have 256x256 icons. They all appeared as large icons until a couple of days ago when a game I was playing crashed. After that about half the icons had reverted to a smaller size, this has also happened...
  9. Windows 10 desktop icon grid size randomly changed

Windows 10 desktop icon grid size randomly changed: Windows 10 appears to have reset the icon snap-to grid settings both vertically and horizontally to roughly double what they were before. If I turn off snap-to grid, then I can move the icons closer horizontally, but not vertically. My computer was plugged in overnight, so...
  10. change size of taskbar and desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    change size of taskbar and desktop icons: The icons on my desktop icons suddenly got huge and all could not fit on the screen. Simultaneously, the taskbar icons got very small. I had not done anything intentionally to cause this. I tried clicking settings I got pressing the windows button (lower lft of screen). I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 taskbar resizes itself

2. windows 10 taskbar changes sizes

3. icon size randomly changes