Windows 10: Windows 10 Taskbar Icon pops up Invisible and disappears

Discus and support Windows 10 Taskbar Icon pops up Invisible and disappears in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello community, I've been trying to diagnose a computer for a while now and here are a list of what I know about the problem:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MerrillMerrill, May 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Taskbar Icon pops up Invisible and disappears

Hello community,

I've been trying to diagnose a computer for a while now and here are a list of what I know about the problem:

-Taskbar square pops up flashing orange in the farthest right spot where any new application you open should/would appear

-It is the only app that doesn't have an icon

-It disappears after half a second making it hard to right click

-when it appears it is rather random with no real rhythm

-It forces any game I am playing to lower

-Note worthy: mouse has been showing a loading circle every 1-3 seconds regardless of the processes I shut down

At first, I thought this was simply an application error with windows conflicting with it. Causing it to not open, but repeat the process over and over.

This is a desktop with no bio-metrics.

Here are a list of things I have already done to attempt to solve the situation:

- Clean reboot

-Temporarily disabled windows firewall before the next step

-Ran your standard scans, disk defrags, registry repairs, driver updates for windows/GPU etc.

-Removing startup applications entirely with the exception of the antivirus and realtek audio

-Stopped onedrive syncing process in fact I don't use it and removed it entirely from the comp

-Repaired MS Office

-Changed Steam and other programs I had been running to run comparability mode

-Went through task manager and removed Spooler subsystem app and anything else that seemed unusual

-Removed Nvidia streamer service

-Verified mouse sonar wasn't enabled

-Verified I don't have asus smart gesture

-Msconfig normal startup > applied

-Temporarily changed my mouse pointer to not show background loading circle just be the regular mouse pointer icon

-Ran Command Prompt as Admin > dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth > FOUND an error proceeded with >

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

-Rebooted and still had difficulties

-ReRan Command Prompt as Admin > dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth > NO ERRORS

From here I was just unsure of what direction to go in. Task manger didn't show any unusual programs running, I tried to clear up common problems, and deep clean the basics/update.

Any and all suggestions are welcome and much appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

V/R

MerrillMerrill

:)

MerrillMerrill, May 28, 2020

2. Randomly disappearing taskbar and start icons

I have tried doing fresh installs of Windows 10 multiple times but I always face this issue where items in the start menu and/or taskbar jump lists disappear randomly. I am attaching a screenshot for this. This also happens when after I close any game (Eg. Battlefield 4, Tomb Raider etc).

Windows 10 Taskbar Icon pops up Invisible and disappears [​IMG]

The icons, though invisible are still working if I move my cursor over them and click them. Restarting explorer.exe fixed the problem temporarily.

sabaatworld, May 28, 2020
  3. AndreTen Win User
    Randomly disappearing taskbar and start icons

Hi sabaatworld and welcome to Ten forums!

Can you give us some more information.

You mentioned fresh install. Always from same source? Is media OK?
    Did you try to clean jump lists, icon cache etc...

Picture shows icons are there, but no text. Is info behind still there? Hoover mouse pointer over icon with empty text box (not pinned, below in list) to see if text - path info shows..

AndreTen, May 28, 2020
  4. thomaseg1 Win User

Windows 10 Taskbar Icon pops up Invisible and disappears

Windows 10 Calculator icon invisible on Taskbar

I don't have this trouble.
    Try Pulling the icon to desktop then right click / choose properties / change icon. If the one that
    shows doesn't work try browse and choose some other icon.
    Calc.exe maybe messed up and need a reinstall.

- - - Updated - - -

you might also try changing taskbar icon size. to see if that will have an effect.

thomaseg1, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Taskbar Icon pops up Invisible and disappears

1. Windows 10 Taskbar Icon pops up Invisible and disappears - Similar Threads - Taskbar Icon pops

2. Invisible taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invisible taskbar icon: I have installed Minecraft launcher from Microsoft Store and it doesn't have an icon on my taskbar when it is pinned on it and when it is running. I tried uninstalling and installing a few times and it didn't fix the issue. However, on my desktop, the shortcut to the launcher...
  3. Invisible taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invisible taskbar icon: I have installed Minecraft launcher from Microsoft Store and it doesn't have an icon on my taskbar when it is pinned on it and when it is running. I tried uninstalling and installing a few times and it didn't fix the issue. However, on my desktop, the shortcut to the launcher...
  4. Invisible taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Invisible Taskbar Icon

Invisible Taskbar Icon: Hello!I have encountered a problem with my taskbar. And I am having trouble resolving it.My icon on the taskbar is invisible even though my icon on the desktop is visible.I have tried restarting windows explorer and fuddling with the settings/finding information online. None...
  6. Invisible Taskbar Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invisible Taskbar Icon: Hello!I have encountered a problem with my taskbar. And I am having trouble resolving it.My icon on the taskbar is invisible even though my icon on the desktop is visible.I have tried restarting windows explorer and fuddling with the settings/finding information online. None...
  7. Invisible Taskbar Icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Invisible icons in taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Invisible icons in taskbar: I am having a issue with my DELL windows 10 laptop I opened my PC to see that all the icons in the taskbar are invisible . Things I tried : Went to task manager and restarted file explorer Restarted my pc Unpin and repin the applications If anyone knows how to fix it...
  9. Invisible icon on taskbar

Invisible icon on taskbar: On my taskbar is one invisible icon and I can't figure out where it comes from. [ATTACH] Clicking on it (no matter if I press left or right mouse button) wont show anything. Also hovering with the mouse courser over the "icon" to get a tool tip isn't working. Is there...
  10. Invisible icons on taskbar

Invisible icons on taskbar: Hi, So this problem has recently surfaced on my Lenovo laptop. It has the most recent version of windows installed. The problem is that certain apps (messenger, settings, mail etc.) will be clickable on the task bar, but are invisible. This doesn't affect them in the...