Windows 10: Windows 10 Taskbar icon size setting not available

Discus and support Windows 10 Taskbar icon size setting not available in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Home Single Language Spanish 17134.228 and the setting to use "Small icons" in task bar is not available as it is in other version of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Raul Cruz, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Raul Cruz Win User

Windows 10 Taskbar icon size setting not available

I have Windows 10 Home Single Language Spanish 17134.228 and the setting to use "Small icons" in task bar is not available as it is in other version of Windows 10 (Settings-Taskbar). Is there any way I can modify this setting?

:)

Raul Cruz, Aug 27, 2018

2. Windows 10 taskbar icon changes size randomly

Thanks Greg. My bad, I should've stated initially that I'd enabled a quicklaunch tool bar on my taskbar. The icons in the quicklaunch are causing the problem. I've checked the graphics driver and it seems to be updated.

• I'm not using any tweaking software to customize windows. I'd reduced the size of caption buttons in windowsmetrics
    • Scaling is set to 100%, unfortunately I cannot reduce below 100% (this is my need)
    • Taskbar icons set to small size
    Please advise..

Thanks in advance

Prasanth

PRASANTH NARAYANA IYER, Aug 27, 2018
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Taskbar icon size setting not available - Similar Threads - Taskbar icon size

2. Taskbar icons size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons size: So for like a month or so after one update these taskbar icons are so big i cant even look at them. Tb stopped working and yes ive tried taskbarsi set it to 0 still they are big im running on 1280x1024 bc its just better for me while playing games and i got used to it. Icons...
  3. Taskbar icons size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icons size: So for like a month or so after one update these taskbar icons are so big i cant even look at them. Tb stopped working and yes ive tried taskbarsi set it to 0 still they are big im running on 1280x1024 bc its just better for me while playing games and i got used to it. Icons...
  4. Taskbar icon size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icon size: When I first upgraded to Windows 11, the one problem I had was the size of the icons in the Taskbar. Being visually changed, they were just too small. After some digging, I found a YouTube video by Kevin Stratvert https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RswaXcWWCo0 , that, in five...
  5. Taskbar icon size

Taskbar icon size: When I first upgraded to Windows 11, the one problem I had was the size of the icons in the Taskbar. Being visually changed, they were just too small. After some digging, I found a YouTube video by Kevin Stratvert https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RswaXcWWCo0 , that, in five...
  6. What's going on with Taskbar sizing and taskbar icon sizing in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's going on with Taskbar sizing and taskbar icon sizing in Windows 11?: I am old and my vision is not as sharp as it used to be. In Windows 10 I could right click at the top of the taskbar and raise or lower it to change the size of the taskbar. I could also select the icon size. All this seems to have disappeared with KB5022913. I can no longer...
  7. Taskbar Icon size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Icon size: Is there anyway Microsoft can include a Taskbar Icon Size adjustment in the settings with an update for Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icon-size/d5e19191-fbf6-4176-ac07-8abca3fb44f1
  8. Taskbar Icon size

Taskbar Icon size: Is there anyway Microsoft can include a Taskbar Icon Size adjustment in the settings with an update for Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icon-size/d5e19191-fbf6-4176-ac07-8abca3fb44f1
  9. Taskbar Icon Size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Icon Size: Hello everyone. I have small problem again. Is anyone know how to change the taskbar icon size? Because Windows 10 Taskbar icons looks so small too me. Here is different from Windows 10 to Windows 7. Thanks. Attachment 27697 11667
  10. Size of taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Size of taskbar icons: How can I enlarge my taskbar icons I can only see 30% of the icon. 57839