Windows 10: Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Randomly Expanding

Discus and support Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Randomly Expanding in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I honestly do not know what causes this issue but it's very annoying because whenever the taskbar "expands" or "compresses", my screen freezes for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Timothy Dy, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Randomly Expanding

I honestly do not know what causes this issue but it's very annoying because whenever the taskbar "expands" or "compresses", my screen freezes for a bit causing me to misclick or miss a character when typing. "compressed" taskbar normal:"expanded" taskbar not normal together with a glitched file explorer: Is it just me who is experiencing this?Laptop details:Model: Lenovo IdeaPad C340

:)

Timothy Dy, Jan 15, 2022
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 15, 2022
  3. AndreTen Win User
    Randomly disappearing taskbar and start icons

Hi sabaatworld and welcome to Ten forums!

Can you give us some more information.

You mentioned fresh install. Always from same source? Is media OK?
    Did you try to clean jump lists, icon cache etc...

Picture shows icons are there, but no text. Is info behind still there? Hoover mouse pointer over icon with empty text box (not pinned, below in list) to see if text - path info shows..

Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Randomly Expanding [​IMG]

AndreTen, Jan 15, 2022
  4. Abom Win User

Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Randomly Expanding

Win10 Taskbar Expanding Icon Folder

Hey all - curious if anyone knows of a program that would allow you to create an expandable folder/list from an icon pinned to the taskbar that you could drop program shortcuts to.

similar in functionality to mobile OS folders, hopefully with left-click functions.

Thema:

Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Randomly Expanding

1. Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Randomly Expanding - Similar Threads - Taskbar Icons Randomly

2. Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Disappearing Randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Disappearing Randomly: Hello, I've been encountering an issue where icons on my Windows 10 taskbar disappear randomly. It's quite frustrating as I rely on quick access to these applications. I've tried restarting Windows Explorer and unpinning and pinning the icons again, but the problem persists....
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Disappearing Randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Disappearing Randomly: Hello, I've been encountering an issue where icons on my Windows 10 taskbar disappear randomly. It's quite frustrating as I rely on quick access to these applications. I've tried restarting Windows Explorer and unpinning and pinning the icons again, but the problem persists....
  4. Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Disappearing Randomly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Randomly Expanding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Randomly Expanding: I honestly do not know what causes this issue but it's very annoying because whenever the taskbar "expands" or "compresses", my screen freezes for a bit causing me to misclick or miss a character when typing. "compressed" taskbar normal:"expanded" taskbar not normal together...
  6. Win10 Taskbar Expanding Icon Folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 Taskbar Expanding Icon Folder: Hey all - curious if anyone knows of a program that would allow you to create an expandable folder/list from an icon pinned to the taskbar that you could drop program shortcuts to. similar in functionality to mobile OS folders, hopefully with left-click functions. 140539
  7. Taskbar expands and vibrates.

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar expands and vibrates.: Using Windows 10 laptop When booting up after overnight power off, but also through the day the taskbar expands upward and vibrates. It occurs spontaneously and may last many minutes or hours. I tried but cannot add attachment which shows how it is transparent and pixilated...
  8. Windows 10 taskbar icons refreshing into a randomly moment

Windows 10 taskbar icons refreshing into a randomly moment: Hello, why my taskbar icons are refreshing into a randomly moment? I've tried to: 1.Close, restart Explorer.exe 2.Run DSIM and /scannow 3.Rebuild icon database 4.Reinstall Start menu with Windows PowerShell(as admin) 5.Update my drivers 6.Close the feedback and...
  9. Windows 10 taskbar toolbars not expanding to show icons

Windows 10 taskbar toolbars not expanding to show icons: After a system restart the custom toolbars I have on my taskbar will not show the icons when clicked to expand, it will only show a thin gray line. I already ran DISM/SFC, unchecked and re-added the toolbars, verified the folders related to the toolbars and icons are there....
  10. Windows 10 Taskbar icons disappearing at random

Windows 10 Taskbar icons disappearing at random: After revealing the task bar from auto-hide, most of the task bar will be blank save for a line and the start button. None of the icons including open applications or status icons appear. They usually reappear after re-positioning the task bar or typing in start's search....