Windows 10: Windows 10 taskbar jumplist size

Discus and support Windows 10 taskbar jumplist size in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I control the number of filenames shown in taskbar jumplists? Virtually every article I've seen on this subject in this community is old and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FrankTekstar, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Windows 10 taskbar jumplist size

How do I control the number of filenames shown in taskbar jumplists? Virtually every article I've seen on this subject in this community is old and useless.

:)

FrankTekstar, Jun 14, 2019

2. Jumplists for Taskbar items

Where do we now specify the size of the jumplists for taskbar items? It used to be in the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties and after a scan through Settings, I couldn't find anything (or my eyes are letting me down).

Alan Russell, Jun 14, 2019
  3. rfhar Win User
    Jumplist problem

When I right-click on a pinned item on a taskbar Jumplist and the file is unavailable the item cannot be "Unpinned from the list", nor can the item be deleted from the jumplist. I first noticed this when the February update that borked my USB mouse. A
    lot of the items in the jumplist did not come up on the screen when I clicked on them but when I found the file and clicked on the file in it's containing folder opening the file up then clicking on the jumplist entry of the file would work again. It seems
    that I must have deleted the files in the folder but the jumplst entry of the file is borked and the file cannot be removed from the jumplist, but if the file does exist in a folder, opening it up in the folder fixes the jumplist entry so it will work again.

Any ideas?

rfhar, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Windows 10 taskbar jumplist size

Control size of jumplist on the task bar

The Start Menu tab in the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties page (started by right clicking the Taskbar and choosing properties), which contained what you are looking for, was in the previews prior to the official release last year.

Windows 10 taskbar jumplist size 737c1e47-758e-4ce0-b444-743a519e7215.png

However the Start Menu tab is not present in build 10586.

Windows 10 taskbar jumplist size aaa988c3-4512-477f-938e-1918f9b1e3fc.png

In the current preview, build 14372, the properties choice has disappeared from the list you get when right-clicking the taskbar and is replaced by "Settings." There is no Jump List option tool in the Settings window which then opens (displayed below).

Windows 10 taskbar jumplist size 6dbe7ebb-4b7d-402d-9d74-03c095f990d2.png

There currently appears to be no option to set the maximum number of jumplist items in the GUI, although there must certainly be one somewhere in the registry. Hopefully someone will tell us the registry key to edit.

I have filed feedback on this and suggest you do also.

Cbarnhorst, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 taskbar jumplist size

1. Windows 10 taskbar jumplist size - Similar Threads - taskbar jumplist size

2. Windows 10 20H2: Taskbar jumplists not working, shortcut open in new window not working,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20H2: Taskbar jumplists not working, shortcut open in new window not working,...: For the fourth time when I upgrade Windows 10 1909 to 20H1/20H2, the options on the title totally not working. For information, the jumplists on the taskbar do not work at all. Pinned Quick Access such as Documents, Downloads, Music on File Explorer and Tasks such as New...
  3. 'Pin to this list' in the Jumplist to the Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    'Pin to this list' in the Jumplist to the Taskbar in Windows 10: Hi guys, For Excel, I am able to 'pin to this list' an Excel file, and it stays pinned. Good. For Word, I am not able to 'pin to this list' any Word document. Why is that? Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 Installed on ‎22-‎Oct-‎20 OS build 19042.804 Experience Windows...
  4. FIXED – WINDOWS 10 JUMPLIST DELAY OPENING JUMPLIST FOLDERS FROM WINDOWS EXPLORER TASKBAR ICON

FIXED – WINDOWS 10 JUMPLIST DELAY OPENING JUMPLIST FOLDERS FROM WINDOWS EXPLORER TASKBAR ICON: [ATTACH] Hey Gang. I’ve been running Windows 10 Pro x64, and have been experiencing Jumplist delay of about 1-2 sec when trying to open jumplist folders from Windows Explorer Taskbar Icon. After hours of researching and testing, I discovered that my issue was caused by two...
  5. Taskbar size

Taskbar size: I've had an ongoing issue for a few months. After playing a game and exiting to desktop, my taskbar is twice its size. double the height {across thee bottom}. The taskbar is locked and the resolution never changes. I unlock the bar, resize and lock the bar, play another game,...
  6. Snips & Jumplists

Snips & Jumplists: I often wonder if people realize Snips can be done right from Snip & Sketch's 'commands' on its jumplist; don't, even have to go to/open its window. Speaking of jumplists... for so many things, their jumplists offer 'commands' that one can often work directly with/from an...
  7. Windows 10 taskbar jumplist problem

Windows 10 taskbar jumplist problem: Hello. I recently (about a month ago I think) updated to version 1903 os build 18362.295 (windows 10 pro) and since then I have the problem: when I open a task (from jumplist tasks tab) from an app that is pinned to taskbar (right click chrome and open incognito mode for...
  8. Taskbar size

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar size: When I started my laptop today, the taskbar is over an inch high. I have checked settings, and it is set to use small taskbar buttons. It is not locked. How do I get it back to its original small height? Thank you. 139337
  9. Taskbar size

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Taskbar size: When I started my laptop today, the taskbar is over an inch high. I have checked settings, and it is set to use small taskbar buttons. It is not locked. How do I get it back to its original small height? Thank you. 139337
  10. can i edit a app's jumplist on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i edit a app's jumplist on the taskbar: i was wondering if i can add, edit or delete a option on a app's jump list or task list? [img] some apps dont have any options, one being a long unfixed issue would be google canary missing its task list. and it would be cool to add custom options there as well 79814