Windows 10: Windows 10 Taskbar, Left clicking icons no respond, the right click menu OK

Discus and support Windows 10 Taskbar, Left clicking icons no respond, the right click menu OK in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I tried every method on the Internet, none can fix the problem completely. I have two computers the same issues, I use the latest version Windows 10, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by YourDaye, Dec 21, 2018.

1. YourDaye Win User

Windows 10 Taskbar, Left clicking icons no respond, the right click menu OK

I tried every method on the Internet, none can fix the problem completely. I have two computers the same issues, I use the latest version Windows 10, I bet MS cannot resolve this stupid problem in 10 years.

:)

YourDaye, Dec 21, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Restore right-click menu on taskbar icon in Windows 10

Here is an article you should check.

Summed up:

No Shortcut Menu Is Displayed When You Right-Click the Taskbar

To resolve this problem, use the following steps:
    Click Start, point to Settings, point to Control Panel, and then click Taskbar and Start Menu.

NOTE: If the Taskbar and Start Menu icon is not present, open Control Panel and click the view all Control Panel options link on the left-hand side of the Control Panel dialog box.

On the Advanced tab, in the Start menu and Taskbar area, scroll down the list until you see the Taskbar heading.

Click to select the Display shortcut menu on right-click check box, click Apply, and then click OK.

Spencer4134, Dec 21, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Taskbar, Left clicking icons no respond, the right click menu OK

Taskbar left click and right click not working

Hi Regors,

Thanks for the update.

Please reply to a few questions asked below to understand the issue better:

• Do you get context menu on right clicking on the icons located on the task bar?

• Are you unable to use the left click mouse option only on the taskbar icons?

• What is the primary mouse button set at Mouse settings?

You might have changed the primary mouse button settings from the
    Mouse
    settings page on Windows. To check the primary mouse button set on the PC, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Mouse & touchpad settings and select the top most search result.

• From the left side panel of the window, check if
      Select your primary button
      under Mouse is set to
      Left
      . If not, select Left from the dropdown bar.

• Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

If the issue persists, write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Taskbar, Left clicking icons no respond, the right click menu OK

1. Windows 10 Taskbar, Left clicking icons no respond, the right click menu OK - Similar Threads - Taskbar Left clicking

2. Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks: Not sure how to describe this properly, but it seems others have similar issues. Some applications work as they did with Win10Pro have 11Pro now.Outlook, Calculator, Explorer, Settings; all behave as they did prior. Normal clicking selects the app and makes it active,...
  3. Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks: Not sure how to describe this properly, but it seems others have similar issues. Some applications work as they did with Win10Pro have 11Pro now.Outlook, Calculator, Explorer, Settings; all behave as they did prior. Normal clicking selects the app and makes it active,...
  4. Cannot left click on taskbar icons.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot left click on taskbar icons.: Hello there, I am having an issue, and it has been going on for about 2 months now. I cannot left click on the taskbar icons that are located next to the clock (eg. Wi-Fi, Sound, Clock). And along with that, I cannot right click on any of my programs that I have added to...
  5. Can't right-click taskbar icons or left-click notification area icons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't right-click taskbar icons or left-click notification area icons: I have a Surface Laptop 1st gen. Backstory: my keyboard and touchpad stopped working, and to fix that I had to install the driver/firmware package provided by Microsoft for the Surface laptop. Now my keyboard and touchpad work, but I'm having this other strange problem. I...
  6. Right click not responding......

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click not responding......: Yesterday i reset my windows 10 and after the fresh startup , when i click the right mouse button (right click) on desktop .....then it did not respond infact only the blue circle was just loading , loading and still loading.......How to resolve this problem please tell if...
  7. Right Click Taskbar Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Click Taskbar Menu: Not sure if possible but can you add to this menu? 27413
  8. Unable to Left-Click on Windows 10 Start Menu, But Right Click Works

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Left-Click on Windows 10 Start Menu, But Right Click Works: I ran the System File Checker as suggested; it detected no problems. I have two PCs with Windows 10. On the one that I upgraded to Windows 10 most recently, I have no problem. On the one that I upgraded about 9 months before that (it is a Samsung laptop), I can only access...
  9. empty taskbar and Win Menu not responding to left click

in Windows 10 Support
    empty taskbar and Win Menu not responding to left click: Am asking from a Win 7 Desktop - have prob on Win 10 laptop. Laptop was new 3 months ago (with Win 10 pre-installed) - have been using Win 10 to get used to it before installing on desktop PC (IE main PC). Hadn't used laptop in 2 weeks but tonight when booted, taskbar...
  10. Taskbar: Can't right click app icons & can't left click system icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar: Can't right click app icons & can't left click system icons: Hi, After doing a lot of tweaking, I've came across a very weird problem at taskbar. When I right click pinned apps on taskbar nothing happens. But left click works. When I left click system icons like volume and network, nothing happens. But right click works....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 taskbar icon right click menu

2. taskbar icons not responding to mouse click to open