Windows 10: Windows 10 taskbar moves

Discus and support Windows 10 taskbar moves in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i have a dual monitor set up and have done for years, i recently did a clean install of windows keeping the exact same monitor configuration. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by huwvicker, Feb 14, 2020.

1. huwvicker Win User

Windows 10 taskbar moves

i have a dual monitor set up and have done for years, i recently did a clean install of windows keeping the exact same monitor configuration. I have always kept my taskbar at the bottom of monitor "2" and never had a problem but since the clean install everytime i login it moves itself back to the main monitor monitor "1" despite me keeping it locked in place. All of my graphics drivers are up to date. the monitor i have on the left is set to primary, the one on the right is set to secondary i have always had it this way. i keep the taskbar on the monitor on the right the secondary monitor but since the clean install it keeps moving back to the left monitor primary. i dont want it moving to the primary monitor. How do i stop this from happening without changing the monitor configuration?

:)

huwvicker, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Moving the taskbar

Hi Kim,

You can customize your taskbar to pin your favorite apps to it, move it to where you want to display on your screen, and specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open. To address your question, we suggest
    that you follow these steps on how to move your taskbar to a different location on the screen:

• Open Settings and choose Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar.
    • Under Taskbar location on the screen, click the drop-down menu and select
      Bottom.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 14, 2020
  3. How to drag and move the taskbar on Windows 10?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are unable to move the right side vertical boundary of Start menu. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 1: Right click on the Task bar
    and uncheck the option Lock the Taskbar and then try to drag and move the Taskbar to the location you wish.

Step 2: If above step fails, right click on Taskbar and click on
    Properties.

Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window opens, select the location under the drop down menu of
    Taskbar location on screen.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Windows 10 taskbar moves

How to drag and move the taskbar on Windows 10?

I checked the Taskbar, as indicated .The "lock the Taskbar" is unchecked. So, the problem stays the same.

hrayravedian, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 taskbar moves

1. Windows 10 taskbar moves - Similar Threads - taskbar moves

2. Automatically move taskbar depending on screen orientation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatically move taskbar depending on screen orientation: I'm using a Lenovo Yoga and often flip it into portrait mode to read articles etc. In landscape orientation I have my taskbar pinned to the right since vertical screen space is more important to me than horizontal. When I flip the tablet over to portrait I would like for the...
  3. Taskbar does not supporting moving tabs of same program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar does not supporting moving tabs of same program: I have two windows of a program opened at the same time. If I try to move one window of the program in the taskbar, the other starts moving with it which is annoying sometimes. [ATTACH]...
  4. Issues with the taskbar when moved on top.

Issues with the taskbar when moved on top.: [ATTACH] Hi everyone, I lately changed my taskbar's position from bottom to top, but I noticed that in photoshop like on other apps, when the menu is too long it won't show all options I have nor do I have to possibility to reach them, even without pointing my mouse on...
  5. After latest update, default monitor setting does not move the taskbar

After latest update, default monitor setting does not move the taskbar: Just checking to see if anyone else has this issue. 4 monitor setup here at work. After yesterday's update, my default monitor no longer has the 'default' Taskbar (the one with the search bar, and the app/notification area). This taskbar is staying on screen number 2 - even...
  6. my taskbar has moved up 2 inches on my laptop windows 10

my taskbar has moved up 2 inches on my laptop windows 10: my taskbar has moved up 2 inches on my laptop. I have a Lenovo Yoga 730 13' with windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-taskbar-has-moved-up-2-inches-on-my-laptop/bb046894-d42b-4db4-826c-cf1f5ca03faa
  7. When I move my mouse from the taskbar the window disappears. It snaps back to the taskbar....

When I move my mouse from the taskbar the window disappears. It snaps back to the taskbar....: When I move my mouse from the taskbar the window disappears. It snaps back to the taskbar. help!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-move-my-mouse-from-the-taskbar-the-window/a59d5707-728f-4c14-82c8-5782043c37e9
  8. New HP Laptop Win10 Cannot move icons to desktop or Taskbar

New HP Laptop Win10 Cannot move icons to desktop or Taskbar: Very disappointed with Win 10 on my new HP laptop. Basic fundamentals such as moving apps / icons from Start to my desktop are impossible. Can't drag. Can't Right click as no option to Move. Solutions offered via search all fail. Too late to return it but very...
  9. Taskbar moves to the main monitor every time I turn them off for the night!

Taskbar moves to the main monitor every time I turn them off for the night!: [ATTACH] I've got two monitors: Arranged thusly: [2][1] My Taskbar slides out from [2] on the left of the display. Like so : [---> 2] It's great - I see all the windows names, and it slides back in so I can see my Widgets. Every time I turn the monitors off, it...
  10. how do i move a app from taskbar to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i move a app from taskbar to desktop: how do I move app from taskbar to deskyop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-a-app-from-taskbar-to-desktop/a212dcbe-dfdf-4317-8387-7db9c708aabe