Windows 10: Windows 10 Taskbar not opening icons

Discus and support Windows 10 Taskbar not opening icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The system: Windows 10 Home edition Version 2004 Build 19041.329 The problem: The Action Centre, Date/Calendar, Speakers and Internet Access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EltonVaughan, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Taskbar not opening icons

The system:

Windows 10 Home edition

Version 2004

Build 19041.329

The problem:

The Action Centre, Date/Calendar, Speakers and Internet Access icons have stopped working. Or at least will not open.

This has happened in the past 10 days or so before which everything was working.

There have been no changes to the system, no added programs and no Windows updates. But clearly something has changed.

Have tried using scannow, reloading explorer and a host of other 'fixes' but nothing seems to work.

ANyone have any ideas?

:)

EltonVaughan, Jul 8, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 8, 2020
  3. NIGHTMARE icon in windows taskbar

Ok ... this is really an annoying thingy in Windows Vista that till today. My top wish list is to solve this !!! *Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:

See attached pic ... for eg. open My Computer ... icon is of course as shown - the My Computer default Vista icon ... after you browse? *swoosh* kind of black magic ... it changes to that icon with the green arrow ... browsing back to My Computer it remains like that ... with the green arrow!!!

This happens to any and all folders ! ... When you load it ... it comes up with the default folder ... after exporing through folder it changes ... and remains like that.

For info : have tried a fresh installation of Vista to make sure that no bug got in. So must be some DAMN Vista settings

Thanks mates ... hope you enjoy this puzzle !

ragingspeed, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Taskbar not opening icons

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Taskbar not opening icons

1. Windows 10 Taskbar not opening icons - Similar Threads - Taskbar opening icons

2. Windows 10 file explorer will not open from taskbar icon.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 file explorer will not open from taskbar icon.: File explorer will not open from the icon on the taskbar. Gives error messageit will not open with windows + E. gives error messageIt opens from desktop icon and from the start menu....
  3. Windows 10 file explorer will not open from taskbar icon.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 file explorer will not open from taskbar icon.: File explorer will not open from the icon on the taskbar. Gives error messageit will not open with windows + E. gives error messageIt opens from desktop icon and from the start menu....
  4. Windows 10 file explorer will not open from taskbar icon.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to keep the opened app icon on taskbar in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to keep the opened app icon on taskbar in Windows 10?: I was looking at some videos on Windows 11 and saw that on Windows 11, there were indicators that became small and big. I was wondering how to make it so that Windows 10 indicators just stay put no matter if the app is maximized....
  6. How to keep the opened app icon on taskbar in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to keep the opened app icon on taskbar in Windows 10?: I was looking at some videos on Windows 11 and saw that on Windows 11, there were indicators that became small and big. I was wondering how to make it so that Windows 10 indicators just stay put no matter if the app is maximized....
  7. Taskbar program icons not opening to on screen windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar program icons not opening to on screen windows: I have a problem with the taskbar. If I have some files open, for example a couple of Word documents, or maybe several outlook emails I can hover over the taskbar program icon and it will show me a preview of the open files or emails. As I understand things I should be able...
  8. open program icons in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    open program icons in taskbar: Windows has always let me toggle between open windows by either clicking on the item in the taskbar or on the window itself (for example, when I'm going back and forth between Excel and Chrome). But now the Chrome button is the only icon that brings its window to the...
  9. Taskbar Icon Windows not Opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar Icon Windows not Opening: Hello Heroes of the Internet. I need your help. I run Windows 10 on my pc. Suddenly, when using my computer, I was unable to get minimized windows to re-open. However, I was still able to see the preview of the page. I tried task manager, but anything I brought up would...
  10. Open Context Menu for Taskbar Icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Context Menu for Taskbar Icons in Windows 10: How to: Open Context Menu for Taskbar Icons in Windows 10 [img] Information A context menu is a menu in a graphical user interface (GUI) that appears when you right-click on an item in Windows. A context menu offers a limited set of choices that vary depending on the item...