Windows 10: Windows 10 taskbar not working properly

Discus and support Windows 10 taskbar not working properly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, I built a PC three months ago and over the last month the taskbar has been acting strangely. First, the action centre wouldn't open, but recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/communismsince1917, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 taskbar not working properly

Hey, I built a PC three months ago and over the last month the taskbar has been acting strangely. First, the action centre wouldn't open, but recently I cannot right click on icons in the taskbar nor can I click on the date/time or the sound and WIFI settings on the right of the taskbar. I'm on 2004 version and this isn't affecting system health or performance, it's just really annoying. I have tried restarting windows explorer to no success, as well as other recommended troubleshooting steps online.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/communismsince1917
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/communismsince1917, Oct 3, 2020

2. Taskbar not working properly on Windows 10

Hi EdJane,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to Toolbar on Windows not working properly, and I certainly appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue by performing certain troubleshooting steps.

For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. When you say, “Toolbar”, are you referring to the taskbar on Windows 10?

Refer the article Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Assuming that you are referring to Taskbar on Windows 10, I would suggest you to try creating a new user account, as you have already tried using the PowerShell commands. Refer the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    and see if the Taskbar is working fine.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 3, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar is not working and "fixes" don't fix it.

Hi Carole,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Taskbar on Windows 10. We will help you with resolving the issue.

Provide us the additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you press Alt+Tab keys from the keyboard to switch between the apps?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

As you said Taskbar is not working, and you will minimize all the opened apps to access the one you wish to from Taskbar. Be clear with how exactly you are trying to accessing the apps from Taskbar.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if you have enabled the Auto-hide option for Taskbar, if so try to disable and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties,
    • Under Taskbar tab, uncheck the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and brief description for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 taskbar not working properly

Windows 10 Taskbar Isn't Working Fine

Hi Pathak,

It is possible that your Taskbar is not working properly due to corrupted system files. To better assist you, I'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from the one you've mentioned?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot
    your Taskbar.

If the issue still persists, I also recommend that you follow these steps on how to disable services:

• Press Windows icon + R to open Run box.
    • Type msconfig and hit Enter.
    • Go to Services tab and put a check on Hide all Microsoft services and click
      Apply.
    • Click Disable all.
    • Click Apply then OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 taskbar not working properly

1. Windows 10 taskbar not working properly - Similar Threads - taskbar working properly

2. Taskbar is not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar is not working properly: Sir/madam, My taskbar is not working properly. I have pined screenshot and I have denoted with the curved linecolored-Red which is not working. Please provide the solution to this. I have run troubleshoot but it didn't solve the problem....
  3. Taskbar is not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar is not working properly: Sir/madam, My taskbar is not working properly. I have pined screenshot and I have denoted with the curved linecolored-Red which is not working. Please provide the solution to this. I have run troubleshoot but it didn't solve the problem....
  4. Windows 11 Taskbar Not Working Properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar Not Working Properly.: Hi All,I have a new computer with Windows Home 11. When I click on the volume or date on the taskbar nothing happens. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  5. Windows 11 Taskbar Not Working Properly.

Windows 11 Taskbar Not Working Properly.: Hi All,I have a new computer with Windows Home 11. When I click on the volume or date on the taskbar nothing happens. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  6. Windows 10 Auto-Hide Taskbar Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Auto-Hide Taskbar Not Working Properly: Hello. On my PC, I have my taskbar set to autohide, but recently, it doesn't pop up if a window is maximized or touching the bottom of the screen. To make the taskbar appear, I either have to go to the desktop and then scroll my mouse down, or I have to hit the Windows...
  7. Windows 10 Auto-Hide Taskbar Not Working Properly

Windows 10 Auto-Hide Taskbar Not Working Properly: Hello. On my PC, I have my taskbar set to autohide, but recently, it doesn't pop up if a window is maximized or touching the bottom of the screen. To make the taskbar appear, I either have to go to the desktop and then scroll my mouse down, or I have to hit the Windows...
  8. Windows 10 Auto-Hide Taskbar Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Taskbar not working properly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Taskbar not working properly.: Posting in 'Devices and Drivers' only because it is selected by default for me. If belongs in a different topic ADMINS please change it or inform me, thank you.I have searched multiple times for more information about how to fix the issues I am having and have not found a...
  10. Taskbar not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar not working properly: Hi, I just bought a new laptop and it was working fine in the beginning but suddenly it stopped and started to restart. Now everytime I open it I am greeted by a black screen that takes some time to clear away. And when it does, the taskbar doesn't work properly. A few icons...